Jump to content

Confirmed, KS-18XL larger pedal not included, an 80 euro/91$ extra!!??? Solved:)


Espen R

Recommended Posts

I have an order in for the XL at https://eunicycles.eu, and today I got an E-mail from Ryszard where he asked if I wanted the larger pedal and presented the 80 euros/91$ cost for this. I was under the impression that the XL came with a larger pedal, and that was one of the reasons I chose it over the MSX. I know expectations is the mother of suffering, and my misleading expectations certainly got my juices flowing, but 80 euros!! Come on! Now I am left with tree alternatives:

 

1: Count to 10 and pay the 80 euros

2: Keep the smaller pedals and perhaps upgrade in the future

3: Cancel the order and buy the MSX instead (I'll save almost 200 euros on this, not including the extra 80)

 

What would you do?

 

It's between 2 and 3 for me. 

 

Just got confirmation from Kingsong Europe that the larger pedals is an optional extra:( 

Edited by Espen R
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Option 1.  Since you will be riding the XL for awhile, why not do it in comfort.

I'll see. Will continue to count until tomorrow, and then decide. Being 189cm tall(6”25) I am used to all the discomfort this miniature world has to offer, but when it hurts my wallet I get a little aggravated;) 91$ is a bit pricey for something that should be a size preference.

Edited by Espen R
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The larger pedals are due an initiative by @Jason McNeil and he sells his wheels with them. Apparently KS are too dumb to put them on all their wheels. Or maybe it's intentional to make more money.

Yes, I just heard this was an American initiative. Making money by aggravating customers, that's not a good business model... unless you are Apple, Intel, Nvidia, Facebook, Google or a lot of other companies;)  I just feel cheated. I thought I bought something and payed a lot of money for it and then I have to pay even more.... 

15 minutes ago, hal2000 said:

@Espen R I would personally go for your option 1.

PS

It is a pity KS does not offer the bigger pedals as standard for the EU market.

I'll se what I do when I'm finished counting in the morning. If I haven't slept off my misleading expectation anger, I'll go for option 3, if I wake up in a good mood I will consider options 1 or 2. I almost never get angry, but when I do, it lasts a long time. The MSX in fairly local, 3 hours drive, and there are a lot of benefits in being able to visit a shop/service center if something goes wrong with the wheel than to ship it to someone I have never met.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You'll probably be riding the wheel for at least 2-years. That's less than 4 euros per month. Probably worth the comfort.

Just trying to make you feel better about a bad situation :)

Thank you:) It helps to put things into perspective. Still to angry though;) I though you would advocate option 3:)

Edited by Espen R
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Espen R said:

Thank you:) It helps to put things into perspective. Still to angry though;) I though you would advocate the option 3:)

Actually, after just reading your last post, where it's a 3-hour drive, I would be very tempted to buy the MSX. There's nothing like instant gratification, especially with something where there is a strong passion - EUC riding.

The MSX really is a nice wheel, and it's cheaper!

Maybe you should buy the MSX :efef77eaf5:

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually, after just reading your last post, where it's a 3-hour drive, I would be very tempted to buy the MSX. There's nothing like instant gratification, especially with something where there is a strong passion - EUC riding.

The MSX really is a nice wheel, and it's cheaper!

Maybe you should buy the MSX :efef77eaf5:

Thank you mr legend @Marty Backe. It was really hard to choose between the wheels, and the large pedals was the thing that tipped the scale over to the KS side. Option 3 is in the lead, but I have known my self for 45 years now, and in that time I have learned one solid piece of knowledge about myself, I'm an idiot, I don't know anything, and the idiocy increases when I am emotional. I am not putting my self down by this, I think we all are idiots and I believe that being smart is not a human thing;) So, I'll wait until the morning.... 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've ridden MSX and I have to say - I enjoyed the ride itself (apart from an occasional unexpected lift of pedals - but that may just be the nature of the ride for MSX). However, the overall shabbiness (which I believe makes it cheaper, but I'm just guessing...) puts me off...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Espen R said:

Thank you mr legend @Marty Backe. It was really hard to choose between the wheels, and the large pedals was the thing that tipped the scale over to the KS side. Option 3 is in the lead, but I have known my self for 45 years now, and in that time I have learned one solid piece of knowledge about myself, I'm an idiot, I don't know anything, and the idiocy increases when I am emotional. I am not putting my self down by this, I think we all are idiots and I believe that being smart is not a human thing;) So, I'll wait until the morning.... 

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, hal2000 said:

I've ridden MSX and I have to say - I enjoyed the ride itself (apart from an occasional unexpected lift of pedals - but that may just be the nature of the ride for MSX). However, the overall shabbiness (which I believe makes it cheaper, but I'm just guessing...) puts me off...  

Dam it @hal2000! I'm crossing over to the dark side, and then you try to lure me back with reason! Not fair;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I tested the XL over the weekend. It's a great machine. I rode my MSX to the meet and jumping on the XL, I noticed the awesome weight balance right away. It feels much lighter and far more nimble than the MX tho it has more battery. It's like a Fencing Sword Vs a Katana. Very responsive. The pedals really are YUGE

43985503_181990949374995_158419024950799

Thank you! It is great to hear from someone who have tried them both. Makes it even harder to decide though. Dam it reason! Why do you haunt me

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Seems like this should make it a whole lot easier.

 

Reason is really hard take in when you're angry. If it wasn't, the world we live in would be very different. I see your point though, and I thank you for it. Anger level dropped a bit...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I tested the XL over the weekend. It's a great machine. I rode my MSX to the meet and jumping on the XL, I noticed the awesome weight balance right away. It feels much lighter and far more nimble than the MX tho it has more battery. It's like a Fencing Sword Vs a Katana. Very responsive. The pedals really are YUGE

43985503_181990949374995_158419024950799

The MSX wheel/tire is huge. How does it compare to the XL. I assume that the XL wheel/tire is the same as the L. I think of the 18L as being closer to the MSuper V3s+. The MSX tire is very impressive.

I can totally believe that the L/XL is a more svelte wheel next to the MSX. I see it as being different but not necessarily better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I tested the XL over the weekend. It's a great machine. I rode my MSX to the meet and jumping on the XL, I noticed the awesome weight balance right away. It feels much lighter and far more nimble than the MX tho it has more battery. It's like a Fencing Sword Vs a Katana. Very responsive. The pedals really are YUGE

Both wheels, 18XL and MSX, have the exact same battery size. 120 cells at 3500mAh each. A lot of people seem to think there's a difference somehow.

120 * 3.5Ah * 3.7V nominal = 1554Wh = "1600"Wh when you are Gotway.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

Grrr. That doesn't help those of us pondering what our next wheel should be.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the XL (probably late November) so that I can offer a more objective view on the differences.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Both wheels, 18XL and MSX, have the exact same battery size. 120 cells at 3500mAh each. A lot of people seem to think there's a difference somehow.

120 * 3.5Ah * 3.7V nominal = 1554Wh = "1600"Wh when you are Gotway.

Oh really? I forgot to ask. I thought it was around 2000wh lol. Well then that makes sense. 

The tire is the same model as the MSX only in an 18L size. Doesn’t *seem* as soft as the MX but an upgrade over the original on street surfaces. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, stephen said:

you can always look and see how stable and smooth the msx is?

Nice ride - I thought you said winter had arrived and you'd be indoors a lot now. Looks like a beautiful day.

BTW, do you have Flow State Optimization enabled (I think that's what it is called)? There are a lot of jerky (technical term) movements in this video which I would not expect from the Insta360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...