Komoot - trip planning, navigation & recording

Seba

Choosing the trip type should help with that. ”Road Cycling” for example should stay on or next to main roads, where as ”Hiking” or ”Mountain Biking (Alpine)” will probably do anything but.

• Like 1

I'm using this app few years already, first with my mountainbike, than with pedelec, and now with my EUC (well, I'm still using it for pedelec tours too:efeec46606:), bought a full version a couple years ago and newer regretted, IMHO waiting for couple euro discount is simply ridiculous, but, considering EUCs aren't legal here in Germany,  it would be great to add option "avoid main roads" or something similar, I think it's not a very difficult to make and could make a life for us, EUC riders in Germany, a bit easier:)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 6:03 AM, VincentBayliss said:

Hi, whilst I have the attention of Komoot users here, can I ask if there is a way to force Komoot trip routing to stay on sealed roads.  I live in an area where there is a lot of bike paths and walking tracks that run parallel to the main roads (between the beach and those main roads).  When I create a trip along these main roads, Komoot drops that route down on the beach along the bike/walking tracks, instead of the main road (where I want it to be).  I find that I have to force the route back on the main road with a tonne of waypoints (which Komoot advises you should not do).   Even if I do this, it doesnt seem to hold for long and starts doing some whacky routing to accomodate the waypoints (such as looping through the streets).

Is there a planning filter that allows me to say "Only use Main roads" or "Ignore bike paths"?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Vincent

As @mrelwood said, adjusting the tour type to "road cycling" or ""touring" should help with that. Then you can go fine-tune it with waypoints if necessary (I do that but on my laptop, it's much easier with a mouse, and satellite view makes it much more convenient too; a shame satellite/terrain maps aren't available in the app)

On 8/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, Gundars Balodis said:

Komoot offers now "premium", now it means annual payments, in your opinion, is it worth it? The inability to exclude certain types of roads is annoying, even ordinary navi offers to exclude some roads. 

Hadn't heard that. I bought the one-payment-only, 19,90€ pack

On 9/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, Gundars Balodis said:

Yeah, I got an e-mail from them the other day. There seams to be a distinction between unlocking all maps and the premium, subscription-model. In addition to worlwide maps, the premium subscription gives you access to the things listed on the page you posted: multi-day planner, on-tour weather, sport-specific maps, etc. If you go to https://www.komoot.com/product, you'll see that you can still buy single region, region bundle or worldwide maps without subscribing to premium :)

(I'd wait for a special offer though, as all regions currently cost 29.99€; I think I paid 19.99€)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, travsformation said:

Yeah, I got an e-mail from them the other day. There seams to be a distinction between unlocking all maps and the premium, subscription-model. In addition to worlwide maps, the premium subscription gives you access to the things listed on the page you posted: multi-day planner, on-tour weather, sport-specific maps, etc. If you go to https://www.komoot.com/product, you'll see that you can still buy single region, region bundle or worldwide maps without subscribing to premium :)

(I'd wait for a special offer though, as all regions currently cost 29.99€; I think I paid 19.99€)

Personally, I wouldn't recommend to use premium - instead I still recommend to buy all regions at a one time fee. Features added in premium mode are IMO not worth 5EUR/month. I switched to premium to check what's new, but plan to cancel my subscription.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seba said:

Personally, I wouldn't recommend to use premium - instead I still recommend to buy all regions at a one time fee. Features added in premium mode are IMO not worth 5EUR/month. I switched to premium to check what's new, but plan to cancel my subscription.

Yeah, I can't really see the point in the subscription either, the extras (multi-day planning or weather forecast) don't seem valuable enough for it to be worth it. Much better to install the app, download the region where you live for free, and wait for the app to offer you a special promotion for all regions, and forget about the premium subscription. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 2:10 AM, Borg666 said:

BTW, regarding the discount price of €19.99 for the komoot complete package, you should check this page(s) in intervalls:

https://www.komoot.com/product/complete-package

https://www.komoot.de/product/complete-package

I'm expecting the next €19.99 offer at end of March and maybe again at end of May. 

Cheers. 

fullack on @travsformation! ...my recommendation to anyone who's willing to wait until spring ~April:

Get the full package for just €19.99. 

Regards, Borg

Edited by Borg666
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Borg666 said:

Hot Deal until April 21st:

Get the full maps package for just €19.99.

English: https://www.komoot.com/product/world-pack

German: https://www.komoot.de/product/world-pack

I got that same deal some time back and it's definitely worth it!

• Like 1