Your Proudest EUC Moments!

adampj

I'm sure we've all had those "YES!" moments. Achieving near impossible feats. What was yours?

Mine:

1. Getting on an EUC, persevering through every knock and fall and confidently enjoying every minute of it. 

2. Turning up at Domino's Pizza for my collection order (to very puzzled staff) and successfully making it all the way home without dropping it... :clap3: WIN!

My proudest moment was racing a peds patient around the parking lot. My impossible ‘yes’ feat was riding 1/4 mile back to my truck after shattering my humerus.  :)

1) My first fall with proper safety gear (on my 16S) where I landed correctly on my knees without injury (on dirt). 

2) Sliding a few inches on loose dirt without losing balance (18L).

3) Everyday I catch the train with seconds left to spare, knowing I'd otherwise be like the behind me that is shouting curses and wondering why I tried to run the whole time to catch a train that was destined to leave right before I show up! :)

I was a Good Samaritan: :innocent1:

A group of retired gentleman had reserved a pavilion for an event that was way down by the river. They did not realize that it did not have vehicle access and they had to carry a pickup truck load of goods a 1/4 mile down a hill. I carried charcoal, ice, cooler, and drinks down to the pavilion for them. It took about 10 trips. In the end only 8 of them had to carry anything down and thankfully did not have to go back up for seconds. 

I was a Jerk with something to prove: :efef77eaf5:

I chased down and passed a mountain bike rider that said that my contraption was not fit for a mountain bike trail.  He passed me going down hill and I passed him going back up. The trail was a loop.

But I like Rehab1’s story better. 

3 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I was a Good Samaritan: :innocent1:

A group of retired gentleman had reserved a pavilion for an event that was way down by the river. They did not realize that it did not have vehicle access and they had to carry a pickup truck load of goods a 1/4 mile down a hill. I carried charcoal, ice, cooler, and drinks down to the pavilion for them. It took about 10 trips. In the end only 8 of them had to carry anything down and thankfully did not have to go back up for seconds. 

You were a good boy! Hopefully the gentlemen invited you to the event after all of that. I tired just thinking about all of your trips.

6 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I was a Jerk with something to prove: :efef77eaf5:

I chased down and passing a mountain bike rider that said that my contraption was not fit for a mountain bike trail.  He passed me going down hill and I passed him going back up. The trail was a loop.

If I can finish your story:

The biker then feel off of the mountain as I passed him.  I threw him a rope and pulled him to safety. 

I like your story more! :P

I was riding to my destination, the Museum of Maritime History in the city of Kotka Finland. Then I saw two athletic youngsters who showed up their skate board tricks to a group of young girls. The boys had naked upper bodies and I had all my safety gears on me + an fullface helmet.
So I stopped for a couple of seconds beside them and did some quick pirouettes to both right and left with my KingSong. The girls started screaming "look at that guy, look at that guy, he looks really cool!" The athletes looked at each other and one of them said "Oh no! I've had enough, let's go home!"

1 hour ago, dismason said:

The girls started screaming "look at that guy, look at that guy, he looks really cool!" The athletes looked at each other and one of them said "Oh no! I've had enough, let's go home!"

So how young were these screaming fans? ;)There must be more to this story that your not telling us. :confused1:

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You were a good boy! Hopefully the gentlemen invited you to the event after all of that. I tired just thinking about all of your trips.

The large bags of charcoal and ice were very easy to carry. I carried 4 twelve packs at a time and was very afraid I was going to tear a box at any moment. The hardest thing to carry was the 48 quart cooler 3/4 full of meats. I regularly carry tool bags and tools while riding an EUC so I knew I could do it.

When I saw an empty truck I turned right and continued on my way. Three hours later on my return trip they flagged me down and gave me two pounds of BBQ pork. They had already carried the few items left over back to the truck.

52 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

The hardest thing to carry was the 48 quart cooler 3/4 full of meats. 

That would have made a great photo.

54 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

When I saw an empty truck I turned right and continued on my way. Three hours later on my return trip they flagged me down and gave me two pounds of BBQ pork. 

Very nice of them. They probably told their grand kids about how you saved the day. :cheers:

Best moment was when I managed to go in circles for over 5 minutes, followed by figure 8s after endless 5 meter only (more or less) straight lines that lasted 5 seconds each.

Another great moment is youngsters on their hoverboards watching you pass by crying something like « way stylish, sir!!! » (« trop, stylé m’sieur » in French...). Makes me grin over and over again...

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

So how young were these screaming fans? ;)There must be more to this story that your not telling us. :confused1:

The problem with the youth today is that they look so old (older people look so young (especially if they are riding an EUC)). But I think they were aged between 16-18 years. So I did not take the helmet off me, in that case they would be scared and say: Oh no, it's someone's grandfather! :laughbounce2:

7 hours ago, dismason said:

I did not take the helmet off me, in that case they would be scared and say: Oh no, it's someone's grandfather! :laughbounce2:

It would have been a great way to break some age stereotypes if you removed your helmet, smiled and said thanks to the girls... and then grinned at the boys as you put your gear back on and rode off.

14 hours ago, maxkan said:

You're asking for trouble man... Rush is the main reason of a lot of accidents

LOL, wow...coincidence. Yesterday i had my first fall not wearing knee pads. One knee is banged up again...moderate pain today. I was going to too quickly :) into the train ramp and did not turn fast enough. Although I was slowed down to almost a stop, my foot pedal caught the side of the rail and down I went! Now wearing knee pads again! I was just not paying attention...really my fault for being stupid.

I usually am not rushing to train as it only takes me 3 or 4 minutes to get there. Just nice to know I don't have to rush to get there.

1 hour ago, Circuitmage said:

LOL, wow...coincidence. Yesterday i had my first fall not wearing knee pads. One knee is banged up again...moderate pain today. I was going to too quickly :) into the train ramp and did not turn fast enough. Although I was slowed down to almost a stop, my foot pedal caught the side of the rail and down I went! Now wearing knee pads again! I was just not paying attention...really my fault for being stupid.

I usually am not rushing to train as it only takes me 3 or 4 minutes to get there. Just nice to know I don't have to rush to get there.

Ouch! Fingers crossed for a swift recovery!

On 10/31/2018 at 11:43 AM, adampj said:

Ouch! Fingers crossed for a swift recovery!

Yup. 2 days with bandage on, letting it air out now. Starting to heal. A nice 3" by 3" scrape off my skin. At least I can still walk and EUC!

Archived