Ninebot E+ Speed / Turn Off Tilt Back Hack?

DiZZy

I was wondering if anyone heard of a way increase the speed limit on a Ninebot E+/S1/C or turn off the tilt back?

Not sure if this is possible? After learning to ride my EUC in a few days, now this wheel is way too slow.

I almost had a couple of crashes going down hill with the tilt back feature. 

It's hard to justify buying a new EUC after only 2 weeks of ownership. 

I did read some people were buying aftermarket control boards.

25 minutes ago, DiZZy said:

I was wondering if anyone heard of a way increase the speed limit on a Ninebot E+/S1/C or turn off the tilt back?

There is no such thing as a "speed limit" (other than the physical limit).

Tilt back can be turned of by reflashing with some special firmware. Afair described somewhere in the ninebot subforum?

I almost had a couple of crashes going down hill with the tilt back feature. 

Imho better some almost crashes by the tiltback than real crashes without - but that's my very personal opinion. The wheel is just limited powerwise (motor and battery)

It's hard to justify buying a new EUC after only 2 weeks of ownership. 

A more powerful EUC is imho the only sane way to go if one wants to drive faster safely. There should be a nice second hand market for stable wheels? There are enough people who are happy with max 20km/h.

I did read some people were buying aftermarket control boards.

Don't remember if this was just for the mini or also for the EUCs - should be found around here if you dig a little bit.

I also never read any report of the experience with such a modified board - if one can really reach higher safe cruising speeds or it's just riding on the edge of desaster...

Hi Chriull .. thx for your feedback really appreciate it I will search for the firmware reflashing option and see if it is safe or practical to do. If not, maybe I will hold off and wait to get a more powerful EUC like the V10F. 

I started with a E+ and i still use it heaps to learn new tricks ,180s, riding backwards, bunny hops , even off roading ,they can take a good beating and still keep going,but completly agree they are slow when riding on the flat.

I upgraded to the MSX after 1 month but as said still loving the E+

• 2 years later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, Gaz Bon said:

I started with a E+ and i still use it heaps to learn new tricks ,180s, riding backwards, bunny hops , even off roading ,they can take a good beating and still keep going,but completly agree they are slow when riding on the flat.

I upgraded to the MSX after 1 month but as said still loving the E+

Hello everyone

Could someone help me to turn on the tiltback on a E+

I bought a used one the the tiltback turned off but I find it very dangerous.

many thanks for your help 

• Like 1