Jean Dublin

[SOLD] Rockwheel GT16 84V 2000W - Europe

3 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

@Peteshmete FYI bad news for you, someone bid on it this time, finally! :P 

About time!!! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

About time!!! ?

I think that bid will get the ball rolling ;) 

• Like 1

Great to see the interest in the form of bids rather than watchers this time :) 
3 Bids as of now, current bid €575.
The best of luck if any of you is taking part on the auction! ;) 

• Upvote 1

Wao...what a great deal!

i don’t understand why Rockwheel isn’t catching on more....the company seems to have given up too; if you search Rockwheel now all you get is that digging machine and even the Rockwheel.cn website is obsolete (no current model or info)....thats just too bad.

Anyways, enough of my ranting.....keep rollin’!

7 minutes ago, Peteshmete said:

the company seems to have given up too; if you search Rockwheel now all you get is that digging machine and even the Rockwheel.cn website is obsolete (no current model or info)....thats just too bad.

Good points.
They definitely are not good at marketing. But I know they are working on new designs for a new wheel.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

On 10/25/2018 at 8:51 PM, Jean Dublin said:

just got myself a KS18L, so it is time to sell my GT16, even if I still like it better than the KS18L, I just have to get used to it.

This will pass :efee8319ab:. Congrats on the 18L, and good luck on the RW sale. It's a snazzy-looking wheel. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lutalo said:

This will pass :efee8319ab:. Congrats on the 18L, and good luck on the RW sale. It's a snazzy-looking wheel. 

Haha thanks. Normal that you say that seeing my signature. I had only ridden the 18L for 1km or so when I said that (I bought it second hand with +750km).

Now I'm more used to it and really like it after adjusting the balance of the wheel a bit forward, as I'm used to that ;)

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean Dublin said:

Haha thanks. Normal that you say that seeing my signature. I had only ridden the 18L for 1km or so when I said that (I bought it second hand with +750km).

Now I'm more used to it and really like it after adjusting the balance of the wheel a bit forward, as I'm used to that ;)

😁😁. I noticed too late that your ad was a month old and that I was late to the party. After noticing the tardiness of my contribution. I deduced that you had properly acclimated to the 18L long before I commented.:efee47c9c8:

Anyway, those initial adjustments are critical. Like you, all three of my sons like to lean a bit forward. I am more of a level calibration type of dude. I feel like a level setting enables me to accelerate faster with a bit less effort. Leaning the wheel slightly rear would enhance the speed effect,  but I dislike the feeling that I am leaning backwards when I brake. 

Good luck to you man. I love my L, and I am sure that I will love the XL even more if only because I can cruise faster for a longer period before throttling, and I lighten my backpack load by leaving my charger at home when I go out :thumbup:

• Like 2

Sold.
To someone in the French community, very active on EspritRoue forum and who makes videos, so, looking forward to see videos of him with my GT16 :) 

2 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

Sold.
To someone in the French community, very active on EspritRoue forum and who makes videos, so, looking forward to see videos of him with my GT16 :) 

Here he is...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nic said:

Here he is...

WT*!....
He did it on purpose!
On this video description he says he was "checking the limits of the wheel".
When accelerating before falling he says "Aqui es donde me cai la otra vez" (Translation: Here is where I fell last time). He says the same later to his wife on the phone.
Also if you notice, he is going on the road on the wrong direction when he fell.
Just crazy. 51 km/h on a 16inch!

He has a couple more videos from days before, with full protective gear and not getting close to those speeds...
He is lucky to be alive after such a fall...

I never tried going over 37km/h on the GT16, even less on Irish roads which have too many potholes.

Edited by Jean Dublin

5 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

WT*!....
He did it on purpose!
When accelerating before falling he says "Quiero que me caiga otra vez" (Translation: I want to fall again).
Later, when talking on the phone to his wife he tells her he fell "at the same place where he fell last time".
Also if you notice, he is going on the road on the wrong direction when he fell.
Just crazy. 51 km/h on a 16inch!
I never tried going over 37km/h on the GT16, even less on Irish roads which have too many potholes.
On this video description he says he was "checking the limits of the wheel".
He has a couple more videos with full protective gear and not getting close to those speeds...

His wife should make sure he has life insurance then send him out to try again (just kidding) ... crazy guy! :w00t2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nic said:

His wife should make sure he has life insurance then send him out to try again (just kidding) ... crazy guy! :w00t2:

Oh yes.
This deserves a topic on its own, so I made it:

Edited by Jean Dublin