Jean Dublin

[SOLD] Rockwheel GT16 84V 2000W - Europe

SOLD

Hi all,
If interested:
1. Bid now. Or watch, but be careful not to miss the action end ;)
2. Set up an alarm on your phone for before the end of the auction to check if your bid is still the highest!

dnjBw2v.jpg
tSNPKgp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f
aQkQDqu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Now from only 545 EUR, last discount! (Reduced from 695 EUR, until midday Sunday 18 NOV). If you were watching it, as 12 more people were on eBay, this is your opportunity ;)

Included:

Used Rockwheel GT16 858WH 84V 2000W, V2, White with trolley installed.
Current actual mileage 1100 KM (the App will show less due to the less than 3 months old motherboard, as explained below), but made some part replacements recently as explained in detail below. Replacements worth over 330 EUR + time/labour cost.

Extra leg padding for a super comfortable ride installed.

Spare pedal grip stickers. Worth: 18 EUR

As an Extra: Brand New and better Mudguard just installed, another spare mudguard included (Details about the new mudguard: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/11826-alternative-mudguards-for-gt16/ ). Worth: 6 EUR + work of installation.

Brand New Universal Socket Adapter. Worth: 5 EUR.
Charger/Power Supply.

I added Slime tube sealant as soon as I got the wheel to prevent punctures.

Recently replaced under warranty due to motherboard malfunction (just under 3 months ago):
New mother board and HeatsinkWorth: 257 EUR
+ Time/Labour cost.

Worked great since then, no problems.

Recently replaced by me, as an Extra:

New Motherboard cover with voltmeterWorth: 80 EUR
Great to know the battery voltage/level while the wheel is turned off and when climbing a steep hill.
I added the recommended maximum speed by the manufacturer for different voltage levels.

Reason for selling:

I just got myself a KS18L, so it is time to sell my GT16, even if I still like it better than the KS18L, I just have to get used to it.
I already have a lighter 16inch wheel as a spare or for when I need a more convenient wheel, the IPS Lhotz. 
The IPS would not sell as well anyways, as it's less popular.

Comments:

I will ship it in 1-2 days from auction end, it must reach most places in Europe in around a week. Tracking number will be provided.
Shipping cost includes insurance cost in case of loss/damage.

I mostly travel at a sustained speed between 30 to 37 KM/H, I don't recommend going over the 37 KM/H for safety (I never tried). 
I have a free speed alarms and tilt back ON at the moment, these settings can be adjusted on the app (let me know if you can't find it, I'll send you the link).

I ride with the wheel balanced tilted forward a bit, as I prefer to ride like that, it gets flat when I get fast. I have adjusted it to a more flat balance before packing it, feel free to adjust to your preference (from OFF, holding the ON button while you hear different beeps, until the long beep, when you release, turn the unit OFF and ON again for it to rebalance to the position you were holding it on)

The wheel has some scratches as per the pictures from a small accident I had. I didn't get to fall, but I stepped off it after a strong low battery tilt-back, which I didn't expect as I was new to the wheel and one of the few times the battery got so low.
This was never an issue for me as the wheel works perfectly.

Since I got it, the wheel makes the usual noise all Rockwheel GT16 wheels do, it is normal and the wheel works as expected. 
I checked with the seller/manufacturer just in case, they confirmed there is nothing to worry about. It also doesn't turn on if tilted too much to the left, which I believe is normal, as it usually should be turned on upright.

Not shipped in original box, but very well protected to ensure it doesn't move inside the parcel.

Good luck with the auction!
Edited by Jean Dublin

Oh, this is my dream wheel...why arent u in canada?! Hehe!

would you consider shipping it to Vancouver, Canada?

if so, how would we work it out (and/or the auction)?

thx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peteshmete said:

would you consider shipping it to Vancouver, Canada?

if so, how would we work it out (and/or the auction)?

thx

Thanks for asking :)

I will get quotes for shipping to Canada and US to add them as shipping options on the eBay listing ;)

I will let you know once done.

Thanks, Jean.

@Peteshmete it seems like shipping goods containing batteries of over 100wh by air is not allowed.

Maybe on cargo planes it is allowed, but not sure about that.

It seems like a lot of paperwork would be needed.

I'll keep it within Europe unless I find a forwarder who is able to make it all properly for Canada/US.

If you find a way to arrange the shipment yourself, please also let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

A couple of "bad quality" videos of the wheel in action:

This one is my phone recording while it is being held under my belt (very bad quality haha).

2 things.

1st did u notice if the wires from motherboard to motor are bigger than they used to be(i think i heard this has happened since v3)?

2 i am in no hurry ....so shipping by freight(boat) is fine .  

I am just putting this out there......to give us more options.

in any case...good luck

thx

54 minutes ago, Peteshmete said:

2 things.

1st did u notice if the wires from motherboard to motor are bigger than they used to be(i think i heard this has happened since v3)?

2 i am in no hurry ....so shipping by freight(boat) is fine .  

I am just putting this out there......to give us more options.

in any case...good luck

thx

Thanks for asking.

I don't know, but I will ask for you.

I couldn't find much online. I only found that the thicker wire was a suggestion made for the V2 before it came out.

Once the supplier gets back to me I'll confirm.

About shipping by boat, I'll ask if possible and what is required from me when it comes to customs export clearance.

However, if I don't receive a reply today from the freight forwarder, it may be too late to change the listing and for you to bid.

Hopefully I'll get the reply today.

The motor cable improvement was done to the V3, this is the V2, so doesn't include that change.

I never had any issue with it.

I suppose the thicker cable would make a difference on extremely hot weather, which is not the case for most countries.

Thanks to all for the interest!

I see 7 are watching the listing :)

uI1gBCi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Looking forward to the last few minutes bids war! ;)

Darnit...those 7 basterds....haha, just kidding.

thanks for the honest info and for trying for shipping.

good luck again...lets hope they all outbid each other to 1000...hehehe

• Like 1

Haha thanks @Peteshmete

The freight forwarded didn't reply yet, so if sobody bids and I get a reply with a positive on shipping by sea, I'll discuss with you in private.

Thanks again :)

• Upvote 1

@Peteshmete, I've got a quote for 400 EUR + 160 CAD at destination. Total about 750 CAD cost for you.

That seems extremely expensive to me, but I also know there is some minimum charges when shipping by sea that makes it a bad choice for "small" shipments like this one.

Would you be willing to pay for that shipping?

If not, I will relist the auction on eBay again.

Thanks.

Darn! That IS crazy! I m not able to do that.

once again thank you soo much for trying.

very best of luck!

19 hours ago, Peteshmete said:

Darn! That IS crazy! I m not able to do that.

once again thank you soo much for trying.

very best of luck!

I agree that is too high, you can for sure find something better shipped from Canada, US or China.

So I'll be relisting it with a reduced starting price.

Now from only 595 EUR! (Reduced from 695 EUR, until midday Sunday 11 NOV). If you were watching it, as 9 more people were on eBay, this is your opportunity ;)

Darn....i cant believe it....so near yet so far....hehehe!!

Have you tried just regular mail(for shipping to Canada)?

Or, since these have 4 batteries...shipping with only one or 2 and sending the others separately?

hehe, i am sorry for being so persistent but...i just know that some of their rules have to do with WH and since its 858/4 its a better possibility  for us....and , i loooove this wheel;)

Again, no pressure (and/or no hurry), i am just trying to explore ALL avenues;)

Thx

@Peteshmete Thanks for exploring all avenues :)

I've checked, but no, it is max 100wh.

So, unfortunately, not possible.

I wonder how they get away with it when shipping them from China...

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

Only 12h40m left for the auction end and still at 595 EUR! No bids yet! :shock2:
Make sure to set your alarms so you don't miss the opportunity to bid by the end of it ;) 

I dunno how to PM so i will just post here...AGAIN?

But it gives ur posting more attention anyways so...why not.?

i was wondering what if you post it the regular way(but with battery removed)....it would be cheap and fast.

and then shipping battery only would be maybe a 1/3 of the initial price they quoted you...shipping by sea(will be slower but i dont mind).

hehe....u cant say i m not persistent?

• Like 1

Thanks @Peteshmete, I appreciate your persistence :)

20min to the auction end now, no bids yet, let's see in 20min!

I will definitely consider that option if there is no bids this time (which would really surprise me), as I don't really want to sell it any cheaper... 595 EUR is already very low taking into account the changes I made to it.

About shipping the batteries being a 3rd of the cost, no idea, it may not be as there is minimum costs involved when shipping by sea, unless I find a forwarder who treats it as part of a larger shipment they have rather than a small shipment by itself, which may be customs declaration issues... Courier companies clear customs in bulk, which makes things easier for them, but they don't accept batteries.

So let's see.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

Last discount, to 545 EUR for another week.

@Peteshmete this week I'll ask for a lot of quotes to ship full box or without batteries to see if any quote is good enough to ship to Canada. Just in case it doesn't sell again. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 6:28 AM, Peteshmete said:

Why aren't you in Europe! Haha

At least with the reduction of 150 EUR, if nobody bids this time, you'll get a good discount which will make it easier to afford the high shipping cost!

Apologies for extending this another week, I just really prefer to sell within Europe as it's much easier. But now it's really the last chance for Europe!

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1