bpong

Dumbest remarks while riding, nicest remarks while riding ...

3 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

I'm doing the Jetsons thing. Downloaded the .wav , editing it for looping. Awesome.

Send it over if you can once completed if you don't mind sharing.  Thinking of doing it as well.  The ultimate would be if we can connect the audio to wheel log and have the pitch change depending on speed and also stop when the wheel stops (red light etc.)

Some already mentioned here:
How much is it? (Many times)
Do a wheelie!  (Many times) Sometimes I just put my hands to the front and lift them as if I had an imaginary front wheel :P 
Are you from the future? (Once or twice)
Wow, that's so cool!
Lazy bastard!

There is a bit of everything haha.

EDIT: My 100th post! Nice! :) It took me a long time!

Edited by Jean Dublin

When I first started out, I was riding a Gotway V2. At that time I heard a lot of comments. Now with the MSX, all I hear is “Whoa...!”  as I blaze into the distance B)

I like to pretend I'm rowing a boat while i pass cyclists up some of the hills on my commute.  Usually gets a laugh.

Had one guy tell me that it "wasn't fair", i told him to try rowing this thing up a hill and see how easy it is!  Then he laughed as i left him in my dust.. :D 

I was riding behind a woman on bicycle and she turns her head and asks how fast does that thing go. I say 45 km/h. Pretty fast, she replies. After a while she turns her head again and says "That's a good mid body workout". I guess she referred to the balancing effort and the use of core muscles.

I am sometimes called 'the robot man', by homeless folk I encounter regularly on my way to work.

8 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I was riding behind a woman on bicycle and she turns her head and asks how fast does that thing go. I say 45 km/h. Pretty fast, she replies. After a while she turns her head again and says "That's a good mid body workout". I guess she referred to the balancing effort and the use of core muscles.

I've been told the same, "core body workout", I always say, not really, it is like standing, but look, i'm not sure to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

I've been told the same, "core body workout", I always say, not really, it is like standing, but look, i'm not sure to be honest.

if you go off road it really is a work out tbh I've done many off road and felt it in the morning on legs, calves,core etc??

Worst: a group of guys watched me riding towards them, but from across the street, for what was easily a block. Clearly curious. Necks craned, all eyes on, the works. But waited until I was half a block passed them to scream "GET THE F**K BACK HERE! I WANNA SEE THAT F***ING THING!!" And some various other expletives after I only gave the barest of glances over my shoulder and speed off at 20 mph. 
Just COMPLETELY uncalled for. I'd have been happy to stop and talk/show it off if there had been some civility and courtesy in the request....

Best: loads of that's awesome/cool/crazy or any others to the that extent.
Just this evening I was called over by about the most polite kid on the last leg of my ride going through the college campus. "Sorry, but what is that thing, sir? (I'm only 35 and get constantly carded at liquor stores, come on! Lol)." "If I could ask what is that? Would you mind if I try it, sorry for asking." I let him try and held him up so he could get a feel for it. Gave him name of the wheel, prices, all that good stuff. Even pointed him towards ewheels.com. Hopefully have another wheeler out there soon!

There were three drunk men sitting on a park bench when I rode by (in the city of Kotka, Finland). They looked at each other, then looked at the whiskey bottle and started laughing loudly :w00t2:. Next the bottle went a round again and they seemed to be happy with the liquid.

The dumbest one I got was, "that's pretty cool but it still looks silly, I'm sorry."

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

The dumbest one I got was, "that's pretty cool but it still looks silly, I'm sorry."

Some people are just priceless

On 10/28/2018 at 4:11 PM, Unventor said:

Some people are just priceless

Because who would pay for THAT?

Most often: "How much is that thing?"

Pretty often: "Is it hard to ride?"

Most silly: "Chariot"

Best: Couple of kids on bikes noticed me approaching on a EUC. One of them said to the others, pointing at me "Look, that's silly" Then, 5 sec later, same guy: "...Maybe not that silly..."

Heard today: "That thing is lit man! I mean it actually is! It has a light on it."

Edited by winterwheel