bpong

Dumbest remarks while riding, nicest remarks while riding ...

hey,  please add to this thread if you like.  im curious as to reactions to riders of the ewheel.

dumbest remark so far:  oct 8, 2018,  rode by a cyclist in a non-agressive manner,  to which the rider yelled at me ....

"Thats not fair".  I did not reply to the rider cause i was simply dumbfounded,  i kept riding and shaking my head...

nicest remarks (2)

one time in august 2018,  i rode by a car that was just starting up.  the driver caught up with me at the next stop sign and beeped the heck out of me and was giving me the thumbs up.  he looked like a retired man with his adult grand daughter.  his grand daughter also complimented me on the use of the ewheel.  i told the retired man my age and he looked surprised.  i suggested and encouraged the man to try one out himself.  earlier on in july,  a policeman on a bicycle remarked to me that he should be riding an ewheel instead of the bicycle.  of course,  he had a big smile on his face too,  priceless...

Edited by bpong

A few weeks ago, one of the traffic cops yelled at me, "You look like something out of Dr. Seuss"  

???..ok...That one has topped my list. Second place goes to the homeless guy that told me, "You're gonna fall"

I was waiting at a red light and a girl asked "Are you from the future?"  

I rode passed a woman and her young daughter a week or so ago.

The girl pointed at my wheel and said 'What's that mummy?' 

The mum said 'It's a roller skate darling...'

Not. Even. Close. 

Crikey, the misinformation that is passed to kids these days...

2 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

A few weeks ago, one of the traffic cops yelled at me, "You look like something out of Dr. Seuss"  

???..ok...That one has topped my list.

See my avatar. I think that's a totally fair comment. :)

2 hours ago, Marco Stahlmann said:

The best one I got so far was:

"The Jetsons are coming" while riding with my daughter around the neighborhood

The video of the guy who set up his EUC to play the Jetsons car flying sound as he's rolling is awesome.  Might have to figure that out.

20 hours ago, Dan NYC said:

What? This in NYC, where people have seen it all.

I came by a family guy with his toddler; he started parroting to the little one with the apparent intention to teach him a new word: "HOVERBOARD", "HOVERBOARD..." I didn't wanna set him straight because for the toddler who was of the age just learning to talk it probably wouldn't have made much difference anyway. Or the father for that matter.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:43 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The correct response to “That’s not fair!” and “That’s cheating!” is “You know it!” said with a grin and roll away...  :thumbup:  Embrace technology.  Just own it.  B)

It's also good to say - "Ok, let's exchange - try my wheel, I'll try your bike" :D 

23 hours ago, Dan NYC said:

The video of the guy who set up his EUC to play the Jetsons car flying sound as he's rolling is awesome.  Might have to figure that out.

link to video? that sounds awesome haha

some kids shouted at me your living in the 2020s mate ?

i get allot of WTF is that ?

also that's sick,cool, well bad?

It's kind of charming that a 17 year old boy would even consider himself not grown up yet.

9 hours ago, Ziiten said:

What? This in NYC, where people have seen it all.

Half our foot traffic is tourists remember....

7 hours ago, xafofo said:

link to video? that sounds awesome haha

cant find that video but general idea is this 

On 10/25/2018 at 12:47 AM, Dan NYC said:

"From your future honey! "  ??

I got yelled at by a cyclist: "That is not healthy!" while we were driving on a bike path next to the road. I keep wondering what he would scream at the drivers of the cars that were passing by. I don't ride my euc as a workout, neither did I with my bicycle. I just want to get from point A to point B. What's wrong with that?

Not on my EUC (I'm too new for that), but I've encountered a couple rabid bicyclists in public. They'd get angry and yell at car drivers with bikes on their roof. I think their rationale was drivers suck but if you have a bike and drive then you're a class traitor and are even worse.

27 minutes ago, Elder Meat said:

Not on my EUC (I'm too new for that), but I've encountered a couple rabid bicyclists in public. They'd get angry and yell at car drivers with bikes on their roof. I think their rationale was drivers suck but if you have a bike and drive then you're a class traitor and are even worse.

I pack my Z10 into my i3; fortunately it is not visible to the public, but I am guessing I would get double hating compared to carrying a bicycle.

Still the # 1 question to me is "How much is that thing?"

:(

C'mon people...I sold my motorcycle to do this...how 'bout some sacrifice here...