Oboy... getting started...

Spacejack

Just ordered my first EUC... an IPS F400. Not exactly the showiest model, but I wanted a bit of a workhorse and didn't want to go through the spend $500 and then $1000 later process... very excited! Most of the people I've talked to about this have responded stupidly, of course... I'm in the U.S. where these devices are virtually unheard of. This is going to be a long shipping wait (it's not that long really, but... anxious)!

I hope you have a great time with it Spacejack.

I was entirely "self taught" myself - or, at least, until very late in the process when I got a few pointers. If you're like me you'll find you fall off a bit during the early stages - I'd use a strap through the handle that you hold in your hand, not to "hold you on" but to allow you to stop the wheel falling over and crashing into things when you fall off. It'll save a few scratches and bangs.

That said, once you "get it" you'll wonder why you ever had difficulty. It will become almost "instinctive".

Have fun!

The IPS F400 that I had had a low speed limit.  The pedals started tilting back at 13 km/h.  I was told that the later models like F111, F132 and whatever other numbers that look exactly the same on the exterior were faster.  It's also possible that newer versions of F400 are faster.  I'm not sure.

I've attempted to cancel the order after hearing about the F400's limitations (we'll see how that goes) and will explore other options. After reading this group I am of course very interested in Gotway. Firewheel is also interesting but it looks like they're booked up for quite a while. My other option was Ninebot One.

Making an EU purchase decision is not a simple process: there's probably about 15-20 different criteria that go into deciding which one is best for your needs. If purchasing from overseas, then you probably want a unit that has a good reliability record (which rules out the Rockwheel), and/or where the reseller commits to paying for the shipping in case of defects. 

The Ninebots are okay, I've ridden mine for about 200km. Extremely attractive but very far from perfect. Most experienced riders are not fond of the ride quality*. 

*Ride-quality is how the unit feels like to ride. It consists of things like pedal stability, responsiveness, smoothness over different terrain, pedal tilt programming—for instance with the Ninebot, when in low battery mode, if you're riding along, without any warning the pedals will violent pitch upwards, which is very unsettling, even to an experienced rider.   

• 2 weeks later...

I was contemplating an IPS F400 myself,...I guess I'll definitely pass now. I'm emailing Jane from Gotway, and I'm really interested in a GW18. I weigh 225lbs, and the bigger wheel coupled with a larger battery mean I should be decently comfortable riding it,and I'll get solid range and hill climbing ability.

I was contemplating an IPS F400 myself,...I guess I'll definitely pass now. I'm emailing Jane from Gotway, and I'm really interested in a GW18. I weigh 225lbs, and the bigger wheel coupled with a larger battery mean I should be decently comfortable riding it,and I'll get solid range and hill climbing ability.

Good choice for your weight, range, and hills.

Good choice for your weight, range, and hills.

Would you know if a Firewheel F779 (I hope I got that correct) can handle my weight? The thing looks pretty solid. That almost 20 minute German review was excellent. I'm interested in that or the GW18.

Would you know if a Firewheel F779 (I hope I got that correct) can handle my weight? The thing looks pretty solid. That almost 20 minute German review was excellent. I'm interested in that or the GW18.

Did you read the firewheel review:?

It was still not clear what wheel was tested ...

With my Gotway 14 I already drove 100 Kilometer the last 6 weeks and I am very happy with it.

Did you read the firewheel review:?

It was still not clear what wheel was tested ...

With my Gotway 14 I already drove 100 Kilometer the last 6 weeks and I am very happy with it.

I saw the review (it was fantastic), but as I reread it I see the Msuper GW18 is probably the much better choice. I'll only be riding on sidewalks & paths, but it seems to be more stable and can handle the hills I'll be facing.

Thanks! Now if there was only a way to acquire one here in NYC. Jane contacted me, but the website she sent via email is unusable to me. I can't read/understand Chinese. A bit of a problem on my part. Especially when I'll be using PayPal,... I have no friends/coworkers that are Chinese. Bummer!!!

Send a forum message to Kevin Lee. I just bought a gotway 14 from him. (It should arrive here tomorrow in fact) I live in Utah so he does ship to the USA. And you don't need to be able to read another language. :)

Send a forum message to Kevin Lee. I just bought a gotway 14 from him. (It should arrive here tomorrow in fact) I live in Utah so he does ship to the USA. And you don't need to be able to read another language. :)

Thank you. There was no way I'd be able to order it otherwise.

Hi Tom. Hope I can answer your question here. It's basically the same except that you are dealing with a fluent English speaker. Also, you get a free trolley and a trim pot. You may also get a discount if you qualify. In terms of technical support, I could probably answer your questions better than anyone else. However, the choice is yours. You will basically get the same wheel from either Jane or I. Jane does not compete with us (agents) as she is the manufacturer and I am a dealer. I hope this answers your question. Feel free to email me at kevin.lee@silverland.com.hk or chat on facebook if you are already a member of our group.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi Tom. Hope I can answer your question here. It's basically the same except that you are dealing with a fluent English speaker. Also, you get a free trolley and a trim pot. You may also get a discount if you qualify. In terms of technical support, I could probably answer your questions better than anyone else. However, the choice is yours. You will basically get the same wheel from either Jane or I. Jane does not compete with us (agents) as she is the manufacturer and I am a dealer. I hope this answers your question. Feel free to email me at kevin.lee@silverland.com.hk or chat on facebook if you are already a member of our group.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Thanks for clearing this up. Also other know now better what is what and who is who and if we talk about you or Jane, all know (or maybe not all) what is going on.

Gimlet just tried the www.gotway.fr site and failed.

So you Kevin as a reseller usually for private buyers (also called end-user) and Jane usually for reseller like you.

As I be told, Jane also sells at end-user, what is wondering me a little bit, but t is how it is even with only a chinese homepage.

What I miss from both of you (special from Jane) is more background information with technical data and upcomming wheels etc.

So the user has to do all the work and get informed by them self first and then.........but at this point I only need someone who send me that wheel.....

So Kevin, some reviews from you or your buyers about a wheel will be helpfull and also bring you more clients!

One day maybe I will be intrested to resell unicycles here in Switzerland, but not until the law has changed for usethe electric unicyle in public areas.

Tom

Hi Tom,

WheelzWorld Sàrl is distributor of Gotway for Switzerland and France. 

You can visit our website at www.WheelzWorld.com and contact us for more info about dealer prices as well.

If you come to Geneva you'll be able to test drive the models available or we can arrange a meeting in the future.

Feel free to contact me any time.

Best Regards,

Mathias Mestermann

Hi Tom,

WheelzWorld Sàrl is distributor of Gotway for Switzerland and France. 

You can visit our website at www.WheelzWorld.com and contact us for more info about dealer prices as well.

If you come to Geneva you'll be able to test drive the models available or we can arrange a meeting in the future.

Feel free to contact me any time.

Best Regards,

Mathias Mestermann

Oh; I see you site now are running with some prices too! Even good prices for a swiss price!

Also some pics etc. AND hoho, technical information in english!

Very good, I really like it.

Do you have a price for the GW10?

:D Glad you like it!

There is still some stuff to finish like event/blog section & else but we'll release a new version next week so people get clear prices for Europe or Swiss area. (In the mean time we're always available)

MTen has been discontinued. We still have a few but we are not sure if we keep them for future events or sell them to some lucky ones. You can make us an offer to try to change our mind. ^_^

Archived