Taking aboard your EUC in a bus(NYC

kuechi

I just experience today a bus driver telling me that my EUC is not allowed. I really don’t get it. Why don’t they encourage alternative transportation but instead they are making the street much more crowded. So, I get off the bus and ride away to my work.

have you guys experience this? I’m still not clear of the res taking my EUC in the bus/train here in NYC. Please help. Thank you

You can

1. Place the EUC inside a large bag.

2. Get a square wheel such as the MSuper. I even put a luggage tag on the handle of my MSuper as a joke, and yet that tag immediately declared exactly what that wheel (erroneously) was.

9 hours ago, kuechi said:

I just experience today a bus

A bus? Ewwwww..... :blink:

But seriously, you just got unlucky, that's all.

Most NYC transit authorities are more concerned with other things that are not your wheel. I've done the NYC bus a few times (mostly from flats) and had no issues. Now the trains (subway, PATH, NJTransit, Metro North, LIRR) I've done a million times over 3 years, charging on the latter three, and only once did someone say it wasn't allowed (again, luck of the draw).

Best bet is to make your wheel as inconspicuous as possible, turning off any unnecessary lights, or just turn your wheel off and carry.

Now the real question is, I can sometimes run faster than the NYC bus; why do you need the bus anyways when you have a wheel? :roflmao:

I’ve had several wheels in NYC on busses, subways, lirr and NJ transit. I’ve only had curiosity from the various conductors,  it’s never been an issue.   I agree with @houseofjob I think it was just bad luck.  

On 5/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, Marty Backe said:

BTW, the latest WheelLog that @MacPara has been working on now allows you to sound the Gotway beeper by pressing the middle button on the Pebble watch. I suggested this feature and he amazingly whipped it out within a couple of days. It works great!

8 hours ago, houseofjob said:

A bus? Ewwwww..... :blink:

But seriously, you just got unlucky, that's all.

Most NYC transit authorities are more concerned with other things that are not your wheel. I've done the NYC bus a few times (mostly from flats) and had no issues. Now the trains (subway, PATH, NJTransit, Metro North, LIRR) I've done a million times over 3 years, charging on the latter three, and only once did someone say it wasn't allowed (again, luck of the draw).

Best bet is to make your wheel as inconspicuous as possible, turning off any unnecessary lights, or just turn your wheel off and carry.

Now the real question is, I can sometimes run faster than the NYC bus; why do you need the bus anyways when you have a wheel? :roflmao:

I always turn off my wheel when i get in the bus. I don’t have any problems with the subway. I use the bus sometimes because i already have a transfer ticket from the train, might as well use it and it is also the same ETA from the train to my job as using the bus+EUC from train to my work place. Maybe I just got unlucky and encountered a grumpy bus driver. My wheel is also small a 14” gotway mcm and it is a bit uncomfortable. I’m upgrade my wheel to atleast a 16 maybe next year then I could cut off the transit. Tnx man.

Archived