Deleting Posts

I think that it would be nice to have the ability to recall and delete our own posts; at least within a certain window of time. I have tried and come to conclusion that deletion must be an administrator function only. If I am wrong then I need some assistance with this function. 

Also, I recently changed my forum handle as an experiment with the forum functions. After I did so,  I tried to return it to the original and discovered that I had to wait 60 days before I could again change my account name; not sure that I get this. Please explain so that I can understand the reason for this better.

Also, if there exceptions made then consider this an official request to return to my original forum handle before the 60 day block. 

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You can hide a post which effectively does the same. In the "options" button under your post.

Or @ a mod and ask for deletion/whatever directly.

Thanks dude. Appreciate the info. I still would prefer the ability to utterly obliterate a post from existence. Assuming of course, that we get to it before there are any responses. 

42 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I changed my username to “Hunkahunkaburningitch” for a short while, but @John Eucist was able to change it.  He can change yours back to Lutalo the Rat Master if you want.  :whistling:

???? Yeah! I need to talk to that guy. I want Lutalo back. Can't control the rats without the name. Orange is the new Black,  and Lutalo is the new Willard. 

6 hours ago, Shangotunji said:

I think that it would be nice to have the ability to recall and delete our own posts; at least within a certain window of time. I have tried and come to conclusion that deletion must be an administrator function only. If I am wrong then I need some assistance with this function. 

Also, I recently changed my forum handle as an experiment with the forum functions. After I did so,  I tried to return it to the original and discovered that I had to wait 60 days before I could again change my account name; not sure that I get this. Please explain so that I can understand the reason for this better.

Also, if there exceptions made then consider this an official request to return to my original forum handle before the 60 day block. 

@John Eucist could you hook a dude up, please. 

21 hours ago, Shangotunji said:

Thanks dude. Appreciate the info. I still would prefer the ability to utterly obliterate a post from existence. Assuming of course, that we get to it before there are any responses. 

You can select edit and then backspace it into oblivion.  Then you can just use as reason for edit anything you want, or change it to something completely different.  I think we get two weeks to edit posts.

Not sure if you can do that to change the title of a new thread.

14 minutes ago, steve454 said:

You can select edit and then backspace it into oblivion.  Then you can just use as reason for edit anything you want, or change it to something completely different.  I think we get two weeks to edit posts.

Not sure if you can do that to change the title of a new thread.

You know,  I have tried that method, but the post seems to reappear.

On 10/21/2018 at 5:54 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I changed my username to “Hunkahunkaburningitch” for a short while, but @John Eucist was able to change it.  He can change yours back to Lutalo the Rat Master if you want.  :whistling:

Whoa, Cowboy. Be careful that burning love doesnt lead right back to burning itch ?????

31 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Why do you think I’m such a strong proponent in the safety and protection subforum?  :whistling:  STD me once shame on you, STD twice I’m getting my frequent flyer card stamped at the clinic!  :efeec46606:

Right. STD a man twice and it will probably keep happening ?????

Archived