KingSong 18XL in store.

Jens Ronnedal

29 minutes ago, Lukas83 said:

1stld love to get it, but the pri ce is absolutely to hig r is disgusting for 600wh more  battery and the same tech specs  before. 

Must wait till the price will drop...

I've not the need of 600wh more for mileage... for the use I do, 1036wh are enough ...

Hope In the near future these 600wh more will be used with a new Firmware that will use them for more torque, more quick acceleretion and to Increase too the Max Speed .... otherwise for my use will stay with my 18L ;) :wub:

KingSong Europe when compare price seems to always charge more for a wheel than others. Looking at eunicycles.eu has set their price to 2345,18€.

And to raise the price about 1€/Wh is about the same across all resellers and manufacturers.

If you already have an 18L there would be little reason to upgrade to the XL. But if you're like me in the market for a 18L and weigh well above 200lbs and get the option for a bigger model, then you've got a choice to make.

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

French shops always add 200€ or more to the "normal" price, it's how they roll. Wait for prices from other Euro countries, especially when it's on Speedyfeet.

Ahh so they make the price special for you for 'just' a little extra. 

I think it has to do with

a) There are real EUC shops in France and their prices are often ridiculous (which is at least understandable with their bigger overhead).

b) Some kind of harsher exclusivity agreements with the manufacturers inflating prices. They try that everywhere, but in France maybe it's more pronounced because it's Europe's strongest EUC market and they like to do their own thing anyways.

Guessing these two things play into each other to produce French prices. Usually other Euro shop prices are at least 200€ lower, and often Speedyfeet has even better prices (but not always, sometimes the French shops were the best, so you always have to compare).

$2,100 in the USA. Not sure how that works out with the exchange rate, but my pre-order deposit is on the table. 

Although, it will probably be too cold to ride it much by the time it is shipped. I don't mind admiring it on display for a few months. 

Hopefully, the weather will hold up enough for me to get the initial 200 km out of the way. 

2 hours ago, Shangotunji said:

$2,100 in the USA. Not sure how that works out with the exchange rate, but my pre-order deposit is on the table. 

Although, it will probably be too cold to ride it much by the time it is shipped. I don't mind admiring it on display for a few months. 

Hopefully, the weather will hold up enough for me to get the initial 200 km out of the way. 

I'm in the same situation.  By the time I take possession of the new wheel, it will probably be December.  Hopefully we'll have a few sunny days.  

3 minutes ago, radial said:

I'm in the same situation.  By the time I take possession of the new wheel, it will probably be December.  Hopefully we'll have a few sunny days.  

If we do, we will get together and knock off that first 200 km ??

1 hour ago, tscottn said:

deposit put down.  good thing I live in cali.  will be riding all through winter..)

I must admit. I am a bit jealous of those Cali winters. If weather is the measure, you will definitely be riding more than me.

DC's winter climate is definitely not Canadian, but it is quite solid and about as severe as I ever need a winter to be.

Snow storm behavior in DC is not like Buffalo, Boston, Bangor where snow is more predictable. The snow behavior is schizophrenic; it is either not snowing enough or snowing too much; Jan - March is the danger zone,  but December can be tricky as well. 

If it's a cold dry DC winter,  I will ride more. If it's cold and wet, then, oh well. I will open the 18XL box in April.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 7:12 AM, Jens Ronnedal said:

I just saw that KingSong Europe claims to have the 18XL in store. Who's getting one?

I'm really eager to get one but I'd rather buy it from Speedy Feet.

https://www.kingsong-europe.com/en/unicycles/126-ks-18xl.html

kingsong18xl.png

Price in USA will be $2150 according to Ewheels. 

Here are my first impressions.

10 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Missed your thoughts of the wheel, like you did on the Z10. I really liked that review with talking on the stairway.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Missed your thoughts of the wheel, like you did on the Z10. I really liked that review with talking on the stairway.

Lol, thanks!

I’m currently editing down footage of a shorter, similar version of that for the XL, just put this out as an initial preview.

• 5 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, timram said:

That's not nice to rub it in....

I agree...

1 hour ago, timram said:

That's not nice to rub it in....

On the bright side, come May my wheel will still be beeping at 40kph and my foot platforms/pedals will still be satiny and scuff free, but yours though........   :efef2e0fff:👍

Archived