Corporate Future for Un-manned EUC's!

Kroy

You need to think outside the box more:) 

unmanned vehicles are already being tested on actual highways, and as they are introduced they will be used for deliveries. This is nit going to happen tomorrow, but the day after tomorrow looks quite promising....

"Autonomous Guided Vehicles" (AGV) are a pretty hot subject on manufacturing and logistics shop floors for the last couple of years. They are not EUCs, but typically 3 or 4 wheel designs with 2 of the wheels motorized, providing propulsion, braking and directional control. So far, I can't imagine an application, benefitting from a real one wheel design and the required complex technology to keep it balanced.

There are similarities to EUCs though, as both use comparable battery technology and the same gyro/acceleration sensors - in AGVs they rather feed into an "Inertia Navigation System" (INS) and help turning the vehicle a distinct number of degrees. 

The technology already matured to a degree, that AGV systems are used to transport materials on the shop floor, safely sharing the walkways with "pedestrians", i.e. the good ol' human workers.

I could well envision to build such an AGV essentially from two Gotway Mten, a connecting platform with a free turning 3rd auxiliary wheel, 2 laser scanners and a ton of new software controlling every such vehicle and a fleet of these beasts. Imagine, those transporters could easily haul loads of >100kg from A to B... 

Archived