Monster 100v or MSX - An appeal for guidance from the Gotway gurus

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

@ED209 I'll try that. Thanks

It is a wonderful feeling to exceed 50km/h in silence, all you hear is headwind, but listen out for 80% alarm just incase. 

Edited by ED209
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, ED209 said:

You can, use the Gotway app only, cancel 1st and 2nd alarm,  that should do it. Don't open all alarms

You can certainly cancel the 1st and 2nd alarms with WheelLog.

The only time I need to use the Gotway app is to perform the pedal calibration.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 10:42 PM, Marty Backe said:

You can certainly cancel the 1st and 2nd alarms with WheelLog.

The only time I need to use the Gotway app is to perform the pedal calibration.

The wheellog app only is able to set phone speed alarms...for canceling 1/2 alarm only GW app works...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

The wheellog app only is able to set phone speed alarms...for canceling 1/2 alarm only GW app works...

I need to test this, because WheelLog has buttons for disabling the first two alarms. You are saying that the buttons don't do anything?

8 minutes ago, US69 said:

I'm almost positive (I don't have my phone with me right now) that WheelLog has buttons for turning off the first 2 alarms. Are you saying that the buttons don't do anything?

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I need to test this, because WheelLog has buttons for disabling the first two alarms. You are saying that the buttons don't do anything?

Normally the speed/alarm settings on wheellog program a speed/battery relation...which only goes for the phone bibration/beep!

As example: Beep when mileage is above 25mph when the battery is under 70percent.

And only these individualistic phone alarms can be set on or off...

You yourself teached me that relation ;-) 

@Marty Backe

and also: iam working with Darknessbot developer (who is working together with wheellog developer)...

JUST NOW in beta in DB they try to implement tiltback settings for GW...but not ready for alarm 1/2

Thats quite difficult, as these (beep alarms) are firmware settings they have to manipulate.....

4 minutes ago, US69 said:

Normally the speed/alarm settings on wheellog program a speed/battery relation...which only goes for the phone bibration/beep!

As example: Beep when mileage is above 25mph when the battery is under 70percent.

And only these individualistic phone alarms can be set on or off...

You yourself teached me that relation ;-) 

That is the Alarm screen. There is a Wheel Configuration section that allows you to turn on/off the 1st and 2nd wheel alarm.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

That is the Alarm screen. There is a Wheel Configuration section that allows you to turn on/off the 1st and 2nd wheel alarm.

Than thousand times Sorry! Than you have a newer version...

But i would test it....as, like said, the GW “firmware implementations” are in early stadium...and at least TB settings was known to be faulty...

1 minute ago, US69 said:

Than thousand times Sorry! Than you have a newer version...

But i would test it....as, like said, the GW “firmware implementations” are in early stadium...and at least TB settings was known to be faulty...

I'm running version _19, the one that is available from the Play Store.

WheelLog has allowed you to modify the Gotway (and KingSong) firmware  for a long time. You can set the tilt-back speed, turn tilt-back off, set the pedal firmness (soft, medium, and hard), sound the beeper, and turn on/off the 1st and 2nd alarms.

Wish I had my phone with me to take some screenshots.

• Like 1

I'm running version _19, the one that is available from the Play Store.

WheelLog has allowed you to modify the Gotway (and KingSong) firmware  for a long time. You can set the tilt-back speed, turn tilt-back off, set the pedal firmness (soft, medium, and hard), sound the beeper, and turn on/off the 1st and 2nd alarms.

Wish I had my phone with me to take some screenshots.

Ok, for a long time is “relative” ..i guess :-)

But i am no android guy...thats only my spare. For me no screenshots needed, totally believe you!

WheelLog and Darknessbot have the same “sourcecode” or at least a coop from developers.

So i know all those KS settings where available....but not from GW...as on my latest wheelog tb was still faulty...and i am still testing tb  in beta on DarknessBot. But whatever, when it works? Fine! Good not to need the producers app!!! The Chinese just have a totally different approach of what their apps should look like and what they should do.....unfortunately thats a part where they dont listen much :-( 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

Ok, for a long time is “relative” ..i guess :-)

But i am no android guy...thats only my spare. For me no screenshots needed, totally believe you!

WheelLog and Darknessbot have the same “sourcecode” or at least a coop from developers.

So i know all those KS settings where available....but not from GW...as on my latest wheelog tb was still faulty...and i am still testing tb  in beta on DarknessBot. But whatever, when it works? Fine! Good not to need the producers app!!! The Chinese just have a totally different approach of what their apps should look like and what they should do.....unfortunately thats a part where they dont listen much :-( 

Oh, OK. Your main experience has been with Darnessbot.

I've been controlling my KingSong and Gotway wheels with WheelLog for ~2-years. Is that a long time? :)

The person who has been doing the more recent WheelLog releases has been breaking functionality that worked 2-years ago :(

• Like 1

the more recent WheelLog releases has been breaking functionality that worked 2-years ago 

Ok....now i want to see a screenshot!

But one from 2 years ago :innocent1:

8 minutes ago, US69 said:

Ok....now i want to see a screenshot!

But one from 2 years ago :innocent1:

Honestly, WheelLog has been my main app for almost forever. And you know most of my wheels are Gotway. When I get a new wheel, I open WheelLog to turn off tilt-back and disable the alarms. I've always used it to change the pedal modes depending on the kind of riding that I'm doing.

EDIT: You are making me doubt myself however.

EDIT: Maybe you are right. WheelLog only added some of the firmware modification features in early 2018?

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

Honestly, WheelLog has been my main app for almost forever. And you know most of my wheels are Gotway. When I get a new wheel, I open WheelLog to turn off tilt-back and disable the alarms. I've always used it to change the pedal modes depending on the kind of riding that I'm doing.

Yip, sure that is so...

And honestly i can say that using the Tiltback setting on wheellog with my Monster (half or 3/4 year ago?) throws me of the wheel, as it doesnt function correctly. Something that had happend to Chris Yim/new york, also, and what he warned people about here in a thread.

Again: Fine that it all works...my fault..probably old version used....

And yeah...i know most of your wheels are GW :-) But Sorry, i cant do anything against bad taste :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

Yip, sure that is so...

And honestly i can say that using the Tiltback setting on wheellog with my Monster (half or 3/4 year ago?) throws me of the wheel, as it doesnt function correctly. Something that had happend to Chris Yim/new york, also, and what he warned people about here in a thread.

Again: Fine that it all works...my fault..probably old version used....

And yeah...i know most of your wheels are GW :-) But Sorry, i cant do anything against bad taste :lol:

:lol:

BTW, see my two EDIT's above. Maybe we are both a little-bit correct :wacko:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, US69 said:

:lol:

Had been two weeks off here...now i know what i missed ! :)

Yeah, I thought maybe you gave up on the Forum - you've been "missing in action". Welcome back :cheers:

Yeah, I thought maybe you gave up on the Forum - you've been "missing in action". Welcome back :cheers:

Ha....never! 

To much fun here. But sometimes it needs a bit of a break.

Just gets to much of hassle, to involved, so time to get the head free....but as of now, has always drawn me back :-)

Guess you know what i mean?!!

And thanks :cheers:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After riding a good bit on Sunday I have decided to sell my Monster, y'all. The experience just wasn't what I thought it was going to be honestly and I now have buyer's remorse. It has all the range and speed I could ever want, but it's just simply not as fun to ride as my Z10. I posted an ad in the private sale section but wanted to mention it here in the event you all know anyone interested.

Edited by Girth Brooks
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2019 at 4:11 PM, Marty Backe said:

The "Gotway Dance", a term that I'm pretty sure I coined, if I remember correctly, refers to what happens on the pre-Tesla designed Gotway wheels when they fall over. I think sometime in the 2015 timeframe Gotway changed their firmware so that the wheel would not turn off until the lean angle was pretty steep. I think this was from a direct request from @EUC Extreme who did extreme maneuvers with his wheels.

This had the unfortunate consequence of causing the wheel to continue spinning even after it hit the ground. Sometimes this would result in the wheel spinning and jumping off the ground. Scary and damaging to the wheel (and our legs sometimes). Many of us (me included) have experienced this.

With the Tesla they reverted to the original shutoff angle, and therefore, no more "Gotway Dance".

I just got the tesla and I saw what I thought was a "dance". The wheel would continue to run for a second or so after I jump off. Not enough to fly away but enough to make me scared of damage even with the padding I added. I guess the real thing must have been very severe.