What is happening with Inmotion?

Zeno74

3 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

Hello all, ok so I bought an inmotion v8 in May from electricunicycles.eu (Poland), I'm from UK but live in Spain, just over a week ago I turned on the V8 to go out on it and it powered up made a grinding noise then said "Please Repair" with lights flashing red, then shut itself off - I've emailed them to all 3 of their email addresses & messaged on messenger - nothing for over a week? Are they so busy not to reply, even just to say they are really busy or having problems. I really should have bought it from speedyfeetuk. So I contacted inmotion, who replied within an hour, sent pictures & video, just waiting now to see what happens - this thing has another 1.5 year's warranty left but getting it fixed is proving very frustrating when the distributor ignores your emails. 

I feel your pain brother. It saddens me to hear this is also happening to others. Hope you get a speedy resolution

Please refer to a similar roadblock I've had with this seller

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

Hello all, ok so I bought an inmotion v8 in May from electricunicycles.eu (Poland), I'm from UK but live in Spain, just over a week ago I turned on the V8 to go out on it and it powered up made a grinding noise then said "Please Repair" with lights flashing red, then shut itself off - I've emailed them to all 3 of their email addresses & messaged on messenger - nothing for over a week? Are they so busy not to reply, even just to say they are really busy or having problems. I really should have bought it from speedyfeetuk. So I contacted inmotion, who replied within an hour, sent pictures & video, just waiting now to see what happens - this thing has another 1.5 year's warranty left but getting it fixed is proving very frustrating when the distributor ignores your emails. 

@Justina

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I have a reply back from electricunicycles.eu finally after 3 weeks (panic over), they are really busy changing over info systems & stuff (if it were my business I would have put up a notice on the website to let customers know there maybe a delay in services - because when something goes wrong with your expensive machine & there's no contact, you think the worst) Anyway, I think my problem is with the gyro because any tilting & the V8 shuts off. See what happens, I'll keep you guys posted :-) 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

Okay I have a reply back from electricunicycles.eu finally after 3 weeks (panic over), they are really busy changing over info systems & stuff (if it were my business I would have put up a notice on the website to let customers know there maybe a delay in services - because when something goes wrong with your expensive machine & there's no contact, you think the worst) Anyway, I think my problem is with the gyro because any tilting & the V8 shuts off. See what happens, I'll keep you guys posted :-) 

@John Genx Corless   Hi John, sorry for the inconvenience. This is Liam from Inmotion HQ. Please upload log files and provide me your SN. I will figure it out. You can always get after-sale service from Inmotion HQ. 

Service@imscv.com   they will reply you in 24 to 48 hrs on working day. Thanks.

On 11/5/2018 at 3:18 AM, Zeno74 said:

It seems that the world is divided between inmotion USA that has done a great job and the rest of the world.

I’m italian, I’ve bought my v10f from an official dealer who is doing his best to support me but it’s clear that he is not as informed as the guys in USA.

It’s then a bit annoying that inmotion was really active on this forum some months ago, and now they all disappeared, what happened to them?

I’m not blaming them for the quality issues, it can happen to anybody,  I’m blaming them for how they do not communicate...

@Zeno74  Hi, this is Liam from Inmotion HQ. First, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to @Jeffrey Scott Will   and @Bobwheel . They spend so much time on this forum and help you guys solve a lot of problems. At the same time, Inmotion HQ is still watching and listening.

The R&D crew and the service team has been non-stop offering support and after-sale service to our customer and distributors. Some of the work might not saw by you or you might not notice. All the updating of the app is done by Inmotion HQ. We are listening from the advice from you and the distributors. That's why we can launch new version to solve some of the current bugs.

Our service team has never stopped offering service. I guess some of you have received help from our service team.  Meanwhile, our Technical Dept has been helping our distributor to solve the problem for their customers. You might not get help from us directly but in another way.

Here is the contact method:

Service Team Email:  service@imscv.com

After-sale Service Manager: lincy@imscv.com

Thank you for those who have always supported InMotion. Without you, none of our success would be achieved.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow so IM China didn't even pay anything for the crazy repair works IM USA did, these costs got stuck with you guys?!:eff04a58a6: Damn they got away with it.

I'm wondering now if non-US versions of the V10(F) even get the waterproofing seals and plastic battery housing right from the factory, or if that is just USA only, and in other regions buyers need to beware? edit: All wheels are fine, US or not, see a few posts below.

Basically is there a "good" Inmotion for the US and a "bad" Inmotion for the rest of the world?

@meepmeepmayer   Hi This is Liam from Inmotion HQ. First, I'd like to apologize for the mistake we made by the factory. Please don't worry about the non-us version of the v10F. We have shipped all the repair kit and battery protective case to our distributors and Inmotion USA for free. So we were not get away with it.

And sorry for giving you an illusion that Inmotion HQ was not involving in the repair campaign. Actually, we were working on it immediately when we got the news. It took us too much time to solve the waterproof problem and delivery the repair gear, especially the glue that's under strictly supervised by the local Custom. 

Sorry again for all the inconvenience. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2018 at 6:31 AM, paulz said:

How does one get Inmotion t-shirt?  Or, for that matter, any EUC apparel?  

@paulz  Hello. This is Liam from Inmotion HQ.

Here is the link to our T-shirt. 

Inmotion Official Aliexpress Store: 

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-INMOTION-Self-Designed-Personalities-T-Shirt/3570009_32955203902.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.75706483qJ5Ixx

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Liamfind said:

@John Genx Corless   Hi John, sorry for the inconvenience. This is Liam from Inmotion HQ. Please upload log files and provide me your SN. I will figure it out. You can always get after-sale service from Inmotion HQ. 

Service@imscv.com   they will reply you in 24 to 48 hrs on working day. Thanks.

Hello Liam, thanks for your help, I have already spoken with Lincy and uploaded my log via the inmotion app on 2 occasions, my distributor has contacted me and have assured me they are aware of the issue I'm having with my V8, I'll just be patient now and wait for a solution. 

You really need to look into better shipping options. Tyre and inner tube for $11.70 US is great. $45 shipping to Canada ... no sale.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Tyre-Inner-and-Outer-Tire-Tube-14-Inch-Rubber-For-INMOTION-Electric-Unicycle-V5F-V5/3570009_32881963883.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.6.28411589TWDPEU

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 3:42 AM, Liamfind said:

@Zeno74  Hi, this is Liam from Inmotion HQ. First, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to @Jeffrey Scott Will   and @Bobwheel . They spend so much time on this forum and help you guys solve a lot of problems. At the same time, Inmotion HQ is still watching and listening.

The R&D crew and the service team has been non-stop offering support and after-sale service to our customer and distributors. Some of the work might not saw by you or you might not notice. All the updating of the app is done by Inmotion HQ. We are listening from the advice from you and the distributors. That's why we can launch new version to solve some of the current bugs.

Our service team has never stopped offering service. I guess some of you have received help from our service team.  Meanwhile, our Technical Dept has been helping our distributor to solve the problem for their customers. You might not get help from us directly but in another way.

Here is the contact method:

Service Team Email:  service@imscv.com

After-sale Service Manager: lincy@imscv.com

Thank you for those who have always supported InMotion. Without you, none of our success would be achieved.

Dear Liamfind, thanks for your reply, but I have a V10F with serial number 126.... and no one has told me yet what my situation is regarding the waterproof issue!

Are you able to help me?

29 minutes ago, Zeno74 said:

Dear Liamfind, thanks for your reply, but I have a V10F with serial number 126.... and no one has told me yet what my situation is regarding the waterproof issue!

Are you able to help me?

@Zeno74   Please send the detailed info to Lincy@imscv.com.  She will help you out. Don't worried about it.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:08 PM, John Genx Corless said:

Hello Liam, thanks for your help, I have already spoken with Lincy and uploaded my log via the inmotion app on 2 occasions, my distributor has contacted me and have assured me they are aware of the issue I'm having with my V8, I'll just be patient now and wait for a solution. 

Great, my logs have been checked and it appears my V8 has motor damage - Im not sure how though as I weigh 67 kilos, don't do stunts, can't ride backwards yet & no crashes - also it rode fine one day, put on stand & left till next day then charged and power on = problem, so from what I gather it's had some sort of failure switched off while sitting on the stand? Inmotion want to send me a new motor to fit myself (which I have no problem with) but I'm not sure if another component has caused motor failure & will it repeat with the new motor? Confused. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, John Genx Corless said:

Great, my logs have been checked and it appears my V8 has motor damage - Im not sure how though as I weigh 67 kilos, don't do stunts, can't ride backwards... 

I wouldn't take the "motor damage" diagnosis too literally. All you really know is that "something is wrong somewhere" including perhaps the sensor itself that issued the complaint. Maybe, if you return the old motor, they will figure out what actually happened.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guys, I'm getting really disappointed, I've contacted Lincy and here is her answer

Hi Pietro,

Please don't worry, your V10F is fine.
But please avoid riding on rainy or wet roads.
If you find any problems please let me know freely.
Thanks.

This is absolutely ridiculous, I've written back explaining that outdoor activities include riding on wet roads and occasionally it could even rain (!!!) and since then I had no answer at all!

So if this is what Inmotion thinks is a solution we are far from acceptable!
I've bought a V10F, a V8 and a L8F, I suppose it's time to change brand.

Thanks Inmotion!

Other great example of Inmotion support: I bought on the official Inmotion store on Aliexpress a spare wheel for my 8LF, and a black cover for the V10F.

I pay the amount plus 40 euros of import tax when the pack arrives, I open my box and I find the wrong wheel and the wrong cover of the V10F, not bad, 2 mistakes on 2.

So I write back sending pictures etc and saying that I do not want to spend 40 euros of import taxes again, a very kind guy says he will ship the correct items with standard post, I will not have to pay the taxes but will need only some more time for the delivery.

I wait patiently and I receive a nice box with only the black cover, the wheel is missing.

At this point the inmotion service tells me to make a new order because they have already spent too much money!!!!!!!

I am speechless!!!!!

Inmotion has lost a customer!!!

Thanks guys

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:49 AM, Zeno74 said:

Other great example of Inmotion support: I bought on the official Inmotion store on Aliexpress a spare wheel for my 8LF, and a black cover for the V10F.

I pay the amount plus 40 euros of import tax when the pack arrives, I open my box and I find the wrong wheel and the wrong cover of the V10F, not bad, 2 mistakes on 2.

So I write back sending pictures etc and saying that I do not want to spend 40 euros of import taxes again, a very kind guy says he will ship the correct items with standard post, I will not have to pay the taxes but will need only some more time for the delivery.

I wait patiently and I receive a nice box with only the black cover, the wheel is missing.

At this point the inmotion service tells me to make a new order because they have already spent too much money!!!!!!!

I am speechless!!!!!

Inmotion has lost a customer!!!

Thanks guys

Update on the topic, now a very helpful person is taking care of the matter and is shipping me the right wheel!

Thanks guys :-)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Liamfind said:

If you need more help, just let us know. Thanks

Thanks Liamfind, I still haven't received a response from Lincy on the waterproofing of my V10F.

I've given her my serial number but her answer is disappointing, EUC are devices for outdoor use and they have to be able to resist some water, IP65 is reasonable. 

If my wheel is not weather proof and the battery can even burn because of this I need to know it.

In this case I want to give my wheel back, why in Inmotion USA they have taken this issue so seriously and in the rest of the world we receive answers like the one I've posted above?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 1:26 PM, John Genx Corless said:

Great, my logs have been checked and it appears my V8 has motor damage - Im not sure how though as I weigh 67 kilos, don't do stunts, can't ride backwards yet & no crashes - also it rode fine one day, put on stand & left till next day then charged and power on = problem, so from what I gather it's had some sort of failure switched off while sitting on the stand? Inmotion want to send me a new motor to fit myself (which I have no problem with) but I'm not sure if another component has caused motor failure & will it repeat with the new motor? Confused. 

Happy New year all, Fitted the new motor sent out by inmotion and my V8 is fine again - took it out today for about 10 kilometres, all running great :-) Thanks. 

The first time I called InMotion/SoloWheel support I was impressed that a real person answered my call at 9:45pm PST. That calmed the shock of a damaged wheel via tire replacement. No response though... after a few more calls I did get a response and a shipping label. Control board was replaced in SD and the wheel was returned less than two weeks later. Probably helps that I live in Nor Cal...

It is a luxury to have a vendor stateside. I may not get to ride all day on my wheels (V3, G3, V10), but I feel safe on them and support has been phenomenal once the request has been assigned to a resource. I have received a replacement charger and wider tire within days of the request. The SD office also helped me obtain a V10 shortly after release. I have no complaints concerning the support that I have received from InMotion.

To keep things in context I am a 250lb rider and have not had cutout, weather or any other legacy issues on my wheels. My G3 has cracked side/top panels and handles perfectly in wet conditions.  

InMotion support is assisting me in a insurance claim as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, gon2fast said:

The first time I called InMotion/SoloWheel support I was impressed that a real person answered my call at 9:45pm PST. That calmed the shock of a damaged wheel via tire replacement. No response though... after a few more calls I did get a response and a shipping label. Control board was replaced in SD and the wheel was returned less than two weeks later. Probably helps that I live in Nor Cal...

It is a luxury to have a vendor stateside. I may not get to ride all day on my wheels (V3, G3, V10), but I feel safe on them and support has been phenomenal once the request has been assigned to a resource. I have received a replacement charger and wider tire within days of the request. The SD office also helped me obtain a V10 shortly after release. I have no complaints concerning the support that I have received from InMotion.

To keep things in context I am a 250lb rider and have not had cutout, weather or any other legacy issues on my wheels. My G3 has cracked side/top panels and handles perfectly in wet conditions.  

InMotion support is assisting me in a insurance claim as well. 

You can always get help from us. 

Official Website: https://www.inmotionworld.com/services

If there is any distributors without reponse, please send me the details to the below emails.

Email address:

Liam@imscv.com

Marketing@imscv.com

Service@imscv.com

Lincy@imscv.com

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

The current Inmotion US offices are in the San Diego area. Where did you find the Camas address? I don't think anything electric unicycle related was ever there.

Wheels come from China via the port of LA, so there your packages start their domestic journey.

Thanks for the effort of having a look!