What is happening with Inmotion?

Zeno74

13 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I bought my product from Inmotion USA.  They need to support a product I bought from them.  We support them by giving them our money for a product.  These guys are no where and after a month of this BS I think I’ve given them enough slack.

That's fair, if you have having issues and you are not getting any support.  I understand your unit was all repaired and returned to you, and you listed it for sale.  Are you having new issues?

4 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

That's fair, if you have having issues and you are not getting any support.  I understand your unit was all repaired and returned to you, and you listed it for sale.  Are you having new issues?

No, I’m having issues with my hovershoes.  Those mini euc’s for each foot. 

From all I've gathered, IM USA has been exemplary. Maybe something good did come from the Solowheel joint venture thing, if only for people like @Jeffrey Scott Will being with IM now.

Not sure if IM China is parsimonious (refusing to "repair" wheels with uncertain waterproofing), irresponsible and don't care because they already got the money, distracted, overwhelmed, it's cultural differences...

@Jason McNeil Do you know if the legal case is EUC related in the narrower sense (patent stuff or whatever) or something else (not strictly EUC related)?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

While I don't have the complete details on what's going on with IM HQ, the organization is going through a difficult time with their Sr. Management team & a legal case in China. I have worked quite extensively with Inmotion USA, we've paid for them to carry out the V10/F repair work, from my experience, I believe they are trying their best to manage a difficult situation—all of the V10s have now been repaired, which took an enormous toll in both time & cost. When there's no clear solution to set of problems, like the IM App, it's really quite frustrating for Dealers & Customers alike.  

The first step to improving product quality & winning Customer support, is acknowledging that problems exist. Over the years, when the various GW problems surfaced on this forum, GW were initially in denial, wanted the information pulled, but the advantage of open access, is that these Companies realize survival is stake & there is a very strong motivation to act, resulting in the upgraded motor wiring & controllers, to the position of where we are today, where their Wheels are probably the most hardy & durable in the business. This result would not have been realized as promptly as it had, if faults were not brought out in the open through this forum.   

It seems that the world is divided between inmotion USA that has done a great job and the rest of the world.

I’m italian, I’ve bought my v10f from an official dealer who is doing his best to support me but it’s clear that he is not as informed as the guys in USA.

It’s then a bit annoying that inmotion was really active on this forum some months ago, and now they all disappeared, what happened to them?

I’m not blaming them for the quality issues, it can happen to anybody,  I’m blaming them for how they do not communicate...

• Like 1

It's no excuse, but the IM USA team, from what little I can tell, are overwhelmed with trouble ticket requests.

A - presumably - technician called me up on Friday, about 1.5 weeks after I received my v10f cover, to answer the other questions I posed in my original phone call. He volunteered the information that he's working through several technical support inboxes and it's been taking him some time to get back to each person. The wait time of a month for OP is absolutely unacceptable, though. I still think the v10f is basically not worth considering unless you're in the USA.

I've ridden in the rain and wet streets, so far no issues.... 

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Hey all. I've got to say this topic has just hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm going to do my best to address all the issues so bear with me. 

As InMotion USA is seen as a direct arm of InMotion (China) we've been taking a lot of heat in regards to the V10 rollout. That's of course understandable. We are actually independent, but still directly related, and so we do represent InMotion in every way. Even when they screw up. That's why we are here - to provide support and to help grow the market to get more and more people on these amazing devices.

Yes, InMotion China made some mistakes with the initial rollout of V10, absolutely. Our team's initial and ongoing response has been to immediately shift gears to make sure all of our customers are safe and that their investment is properly safeguarded against water damage. Fixing factory and design problems is not our responsibility, but we knew we needed to step up to make things right. And @Jason McNeil of course, was on the same page with us. So InMotion USA hired a hand full of extremely qualified repair techs and engineers to take on the daunting task of full dissasembly and reassembly, and applying a redundant seal. We prioritized customer wheels first, and then we had to go through the entire batch that had been shipped from China for InMotion USA and eWheels. It was a lot of V10s!  I won't even get into the logistical nightmare of reorganizing  your entire office space into a small factory. :efef585a74:

The reason I bring all of this up is so you understand that we haven't decided we don't care about engaging all of you on the forums. There is no evil cost cutting conspiracy to screw customers. It's quite the opposite. We've exhausted countless resources and made personal sacrifices to make sure we got every one of our customers taken care of. If people have fallen through the cracks in communication, it's because we are dealing with a monumental task and stretched to the absolute limit for months. Mistakes are going to be made in this kind of situation. If we aren't responsive on the forum, it's not because we don't care. We have to prioritize our customers that reach out to us through our customer support channels. @Glitched, you are right - we have been overwhelmed with tickets. But we are catching up because... v

The Good News?  We have weathered the storm. 

The V10 weather seal project is over. We have our regular office back! We've said goodbye to our temporary and very skilled weather sealers. All of our first batch customers and all current and future V10 stock are now properly sealed... with redundancy... and V10 / V10F are back in stock!

As an enthusiast myself who has been riding since 2014, I've seen how the industry began and how it's changed. From the outside and as an insider. I wanted to represent InMotion because I respected that they would honor intellectual property and patents, and wanted to make an effective presence in the US market by actually having a proper support team, repair staff, and marketing. I wanted to be a part of growing the market because I truly believe our devices have a big place in the future of transportation. And it also helps that I love InMotion's design philosophy and ergonomics. That's for another thread, but V10F is definitely my favorite wheel out there. So far...

To address some specific issues:

I hope I explained well enough above, but I've got to clarify because I think this is a bit unfair. @Marty Backe I thought you knew me and our situation better than that. Of course we are going to put a lot of effort into a product launch. Once it was discovered we had a problem with V10, we had to switch gears. From the forum perspective, I'm sure it looked like we disappeared, but the reality was we had to focus on going overdrive on logistics and communicating directly with customers, not marketing fluff and forum conversations. So that's what we did. Wouldn't that be the ethical thing to do? I'm not saying we didn't make any mistakes along the way, but to insinuate that we took people's money and ran is very very far from the truth.

@eddiemoy We have responded to you multiple times over the course of October. Each time we didn't get a response back from you. Maybe you didn't get them or got lost in spam, but our ticket system shows that you read them. In our responses we offered to help you out completely. That offer still stands, though, it's a little awkward considering you issued a chargeback through your bank. Considering you've managed to get your money back and keep the $500 pair of Hovershoes, I'm not sure why you have beef with us. I guess you had issues with communication, but please reach out to us directly by email or through our website if you want help getting them working.

Sorry, had to set the story straight.  I only got one reply to my ticket and that was after I sent 3 emails and three calls on the phone with this lady who kept on telling me to call back if I didn’t get a call that day.  Ridiculous. Never got a call back ever.  Nothing went to spam. 

As far as the charge back, I tired to get a refund when no one would help fix my issue as I was fed up after a month of these games.  The charge back if successful I would have been complaining here.  What the hell would I do with one working shoe??  The first communication I did was to generate a ticket on your website and sent pictures and video of the issue.  I did call in multiple times and not one call back. You are asking me to try again after I’ve tired 6 times to reach someone besides the receptionist???  Isn’t that the pure definition of crazy, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result??

the beef is you guys are a black hole for support.

• Upvote 2

@Jeffrey Scott Will

here is a copy of the email chain.  Something is wrong with you email system.  I didn’t get the reply and it wouldn’t have been flagged spam if I got the first email confirming that you got my web ticket. And I never got a call back and that didn’t go into spam on my cell phone either.

a whole month of this and it is all the patience I have.  I think I’m pretty reasonable.

552B4D5C-87DC-4093-B288-E40F17E719B0.jpeg

E5DF5EF5-6ECA-4DED-AF02-E5683203D5FD.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Wow so IM China didn't even pay anything for the crazy repair works IM USA did, these costs got stuck with you guys?!:eff04a58a6: Damn they got away with it.

I'm wondering now if non-US versions of the V10(F) even get the waterproofing seals and plastic battery housing right from the factory, or if that is just USA only, and in other regions buyers need to beware? edit: All wheels are fine, US or not, see a few posts below.

Basically is there a "good" Inmotion for the US and a "bad" Inmotion for the rest of the world?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

@eddiemoy, so was the chargeback successful? Or is it in the investigation phase where the back holds the money on both ends?

Sorry to hear your service ticket got lost in the shuffle. Very frustrating paying good money for stuff that doesn't work. 

45 minutes ago, maltocs said:

@eddiemoy, so was the chargeback successful? Or is it in the investigation phase where the back holds the money on both ends?

Sorry to hear your service ticket got lost in the shuffle. Very frustrating paying good money for stuff that doesn't work. 

No, chargeback was not successful.  I'll gladly return it to Inmotion if they would refund me my money.  It wasn't just the service ticket, my multiple calls to the receptionist got somehow lost 3 times.  It isn't my phone.  

Edited by eddiemoy

On 11/7/2018 at 4:08 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm wondering now if non-US versions of the V10(F) even get the waterproofing seals and plastic battery housing right from the factory, or if that is just USA only, and in other regions buyers need to beware?

Just to make it clear, all new V10(F) wheels seem to be good, as we know thanks to @adampj.

9 hours ago, adampj said:

Hi All, 

Just received confirmation from Gearbest that the stock due in should be modified stock to include improved glue quality and a fitted battery case. This has made me feel a little more reassured about the whole purchase. Going to press ahead with them for the moment and keep my fingers crossed :)

Screenshot attached of my reply received from Gearbest. Hope it might help others.

Screenshot_20181107-215322__01.jpg

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just to make it clear, all new V10(F) wheels seem to be good, as we know thanks to @adampj.

Glad I could be of some help. Just to clarify further, my order and enquiry relates to the V10 specifically. Though I would like to think this also extends to the V10F. 

Gearbest have also confirmed that they have now received stock and it's ready for shipping. :clap3:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, paulz said:

How does one get Inmotion t-shirt?  Or, for that matter, any EUC apparel?  

I received mine during the promotional V10F demo ride in S Calif.  I have no idea whether you can buy them. It's a nice t-shirt FWIW.

And to give a sense of scale to the retrofit work, I just performed the DIY install myself. Used the plastic clamshells secured with helicopter tape, the RTV sealant to make the holes the battery wires come out of waterproof, and more helicopter tape on the inside seam (better than the sealant). I went slow and had several stops/starts due to various technical difficulties. It took me about seven hours to complete. Granted InMotion USA's staff can do it faster since they have more experience, but I'm willing to bet it's still a fair amount of time per unit. Multiply that by the hundreds(?) of units they had to retrofit and you can see how the past couple months weren't fun for them.

I hope I never have to repeat what I went through.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Elder Meat said:

And to give a sense of scale to the retrofit work, I just performed the DIY install myself. Used the plastic clamshells secured with helicopter tape, the RTV sealant to make the holes the battery wires come out of waterproof, and more helicopter tape on the inside seam (better than the sealant). I went slow and had several stops/starts due to various technical difficulties. It took me about seven hours to complete. Granted InMotion USA's staff can do it faster since they have more experience, but I'm willing to bet it's still a fair amount of time per unit. Multiply that by the hundreds(?) of units they had to retrofit and you can see how the past couple months weren't fun for them.

I hope I never have to repeat what I went through.

7 hours in total?! Wow. Hat's off to you for the determination. What sort of technical difficulties did you encounter, was this as a result of the retrofit?

Hello all, ok so I bought an inmotion v8 in May from electricunicycles.eu (Poland), I'm from UK but live in Spain, just over a week ago I turned on the V8 to go out on it and it powered up made a grinding noise then said "Please Repair" with lights flashing red, then shut itself off - I've emailed them to all 3 of their email addresses & messaged on messenger - nothing for over a week? Are they so busy not to reply, even just to say they are really busy or having problems. I really should have bought it from speedyfeetuk. So I contacted inmotion, who replied within an hour, sent pictures & video, just waiting now to see what happens - this thing has another 1.5 year's warranty left but getting it fixed is proving very frustrating when the distributor ignores your emails. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2