I really got annoyed by the fact that I couldn't look straight behind me. Since I am not an owl I can't turn my head 180 degrees, and just trying to look back as far as possible while going 20mph is not easy nor comfortable nor will you have the time to observe how stuff moves. So I wanted a rear-view mirror.

Since I hate the mirror-attached-to-helmet look ( sorry @Marty Backe ;) ) I found another solution on Amazon. Got to test it for the first time yesterday and it works really well!

As we drive/ride on the right hand side of the street here I installed it on the left. It's very discreet, easy to use, can worn under a motorcycle jacket and over wrist protection and it's not expensive. I just leave it open when I ride and when I'm done close it and it's not in the way.

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah, some of us have posted similar setups, including me :D  When I'm riding with just wrist guards, I use a pair that have a mirror mounted like yours.

The helmet mirror is far superior though because you don't have to be waving your hand about to see what's happening behind you.

Vibration and head movment cant see anything with the helmet mirror so i too have a wrist mounted mirror works a treat

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Vibration and head movment cant see anything with the helmet mirror so i too have a wrist mounted mirror works a treat

Yes, there can be a lot of vibration in the mirror. But for me, the point of having a mirror is to know whether a car or bicyclist is approaching from behind. For that, the helmet mounted mirror works great. I don't really need to know whether the car is a Ford or Chevy.

• Like 1

I use the same solution.  Only drawback is that the mirror is curved, so everything appears quite small.  Sometimes I hear the traffic more early than I see it in the mirror.  But surely works better than looking back all the time !

• Like 1

And you can keep your speed up, just raise your arm have a quick glance and continue. Otherwise it's always a bit of a hassle checking out behind you. Especially if you want to make a left-hand turn.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:57 PM, ir_fuel said:

I really got annoyed by the fact that I couldn't look straight behind me. Since I am not an owl I can't turn my head 180 degrees, and just trying to look back as far as possible while going 20mph is not easy nor comfortable nor will you have the time to observe how stuff moves. So I wanted a rear-view mirror.

Since I hate the mirror-attached-to-helmet look ( sorry @Marty Backe ;) ) I found another solution on Amazon. Got to test it for the first time yesterday and it works really well!

As we drive/ride on the right hand side of the street here I installed it on the left. It's very discreet, easy to use, can worn under a motorcycle jacket and over wrist protection and it's not expensive. I just leave it open when I ride and when I'm done close it and it's not in the way.

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

Perfect solution. Can you share the Amazon link please. I couldn't find it.