Maxxis Hookworm 16" street tire

FrankFilmer

I'd like to know how many other 16" EUC riders here have experience with the Maxxix Hookworm 16" street tire.

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxis-Hookworm-BMX-Tire-16X1-95/dp/B00188A1LG

After recently switching over I can safely say that this will be my tire of choice for my KS16S.

I thought the wheel was nimble before but this has brought it to a whole new level.

It allows me to make sharp turns and carve like I never thought possible.

One downside is that it can make the wheel a bit more prone to wobbles but no big deal.

Couldn't recommend higher for all experienced riders of 16" wheels

Purchased the Maxxis for the V8 recently. It rides like a completely different beast. 

Its delightful. 

Ive noticed its propensity to wobble too. Now, i believe it is to do with tire pressure + slime usage. 

As such I’m going to remove slime and test the tire again. Do you slime your wheels?

I do also slime my wheels but I didn't do it immediately this time and if I remember correctly, it was already more prone to wobble than my original knobby kenda bmx tire.

Now that I've got a few hundred km on it the wobble seems to happen less and less. Kinda feel like its made me tighten up my game...fat tires are just more forgiving I think.

Symmetrical foot positioning seems to help a lot too.

I now notice it mostly on higher speed cornering.

One other great thing about this tire I forgot to mention in my original post is how insanely quiet it is while zipping down the road. It just purrs along turbo stealth style.

Too bad there isn't more feedback on this tire from other forum members. I'm guessing most have moved on to fatter tires but I'm all in on the skinny 16's.

(I've got 6 more arriving Monday so I should be good for a bit)

Archived