Beeps / sec and a GW 14

^tom^

Does anyone know the difference of beeping ?

If I drive the GW14 at a faster speed (arround 20kmh)  I get 2 beeps per second ond somethimes only 1 beep per sec.

I have some translated manual, but there is only 1 beep per sec over 23kmh written.

The Gotway app that figures out the speed is wrong and inflated.  There are only 3 stages of beeping.  First stage is two beeps.  Second stage is three beeps, Third stage is four beeps (which sounds like a "four beats per measure" so it's continuous).  If you hear one beep it's because you triggered the first stage beep but quickly pulled back on speed or current usage so it "stopped" beeping.  First stage is supposed to be 23 km/h but on gps speedometer reading it's only 20 km/h.  From my experience the beep stages come from a combination of hitting the actual speed according to the Gotway app OR if you draw current near the limits the battery can handle WHICHEVER HAPPENS FIRST.

It seems that after the first stage, it starts going into the next stage within 2.5 km/h extra.  So 22.5 km/h and 25 km/h.  I never took it to the limits but Austin Marhold said he rides consistently and constantly at 26 km/h (measured by gps app).  I don't want to risk riding consistently at such speeds so I usually pull back as soon as I hear stage 3 (4 beeps).  I think I ride at about 23 km/h if i want to stay constant yet as high speed as I'm willing to feel safe at.

• 7 months later...

I believe it turns off "after stage 3".  Austin said he can "feel" when the motor cannot handle more lean and can pull back every time when he feels it.  I never dared to test the limits.

I was stupid enough to test out "after stage 3"!  It shuts off; as result, you fly forward like a superman and kiss the pavement HARD!!!

I wish there was a warning on stage 3 warning.  Then again I should have known... 

Archived