Safe to use a 60v battery in Ninebot C?

Tom

I have a 60 volt generic unicycle battery that has the same connector as my ninebot c battery. is it safe to use it in my ninebot considering the ninebot has a voltage rating of 55.5? Sorry if this is a stupid question. 

@Tom  It's possible to do it without any problem...   BUT when you plug the 60v battery pack for the first time, it MUST be under 63v.

And after, the Ninebot charger will charge it at the right voltage. 

Your 60v battery will never be fully charged...   10 to 15% of your new battery will never be used.

3 hours ago, cbgti said:

@Tom  It's possible to do it without any problem...   BUT when you plug the 60v battery pack for the first time, it MUST be under 63v.

And after, the Ninebot charger will charge it at the right voltage. 

Your 60v battery will never be fully charged...   10 to 15% of your new battery will never be used.

+1!

... but the pack will never get balanced - which was ?reported/rumored? at least for the ninebot one e+ to not really happen anyway ..

Thanks for the advice, I won't try it - just need to find a use for these 3x 132Wh 60V batteries. I wonder if I could create an external battery pack using them to power the Ninebot C?

Archived