Alexei/Alexander have written new 'NINEbattery' app - a 'MUST-HAVE'

@Freeride  To tell you the truth I think it's  problem with the BMS. I was hoping the FW Update would've helped because I believe this problem started shortly after the last update (BMS FW 2.1.7). Initially, the problem was that I would see, within the App, large swings in mileage left and remaining power would fluctuate as much as 4,000mAh. I tried to completely discharge the battery but inadvertently caused it to hibernate and not take a charge (LED off, not even flashing red). So I opened up the battery and balance charged all the cells manually. I then topped off with the 63v power brick. Too my surprise, the App showed 56.8km remaining mileage and 10,532mAh remaining power...if only it were true! Once I started riding the mileage/power quickly returned to normal I rode 11 miles and was showing 3-ish miles remaining which is normal.

Right now, the battery LED alternates flashing red and green randomly with no pattern and will eventually start flashing green constantly or red constantly. It is odd. I have it on the 59.5v power brick at this time, not in the MiniPro and seeing if it will balance out but doubt it.

Sorry for going off topic in this thread but hope everyone finds it interesting. I'm going to check results of 59.5v charger then try 63v charger to see if any difference.

SegwayNinebot_001.jpg

SegwayNinebot_002.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

IMO Best cheap new android phone is the UmiDigi A3 at $80 from Amazon. But any second=hand android phone with firmware 6.1 (Marmalade) and above will do fine. It would probably also run with 4.4+. With all of them you will have to figure out how to get the .apk to the phone. Sending it as an email attachment often works OK. Or putting it on a USB stick with an OTG adaptor.

Note that the Ninebot App doesn't work in my (rooted) phones, only in the 'normal' ones.

I wish 'computing' was less complex...

OK, have borrowed a 'pixel 2' (I believe that's a good one), but I'm getting BLE not connected, have re-scanned and nothing.

installed the ninebot app and that works fine, picking up my elite+ without any issues.

Any advice, thoughts or tips to get this to work. I have a few misbehaving batteries and need to know whats going on before i get physical!

I found that if I connected with the ninebot app, and then started up the battery monitor while the app was still running, that similar Bluetooth problems to yours disappeared. You might try that.

Thank you, I had read that and tried it but no success. I have just borrowed an android running 6 in case that helped but still nothing. The ninebot app is connecting fine but nothing for the ninebattery app - any more ideas? I would love to get this to work.

I just re tried it with the handle bar inserted - realised i was trying it without that but it made no difference except i could see the bluetooth signal. it was flashing until i connected the ninebot app then goes solid but still nothing from the ninebattery app apart from the BLE not connected. Has anyone else managed to make this work on an Elite? maybe it doesn't work on the elite, but if anyone has i would be interested in knowing how you made it work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same query out there since October 2018.  So far, no one has replied that they were successful with the ptr elite or elite+.   I have had the same results as you with three different android phones.  Even ran a BLE checker to ensure the cell was compatible with BLE.

ANYONE????

• Like 1

• 1 year later...