insta360 x latest edition ?

stephen

13 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I prefer this one from the same location taken using a GoPro Fusion.

WOW! I MEAN WOW!! That was amazing.  I really like the way he's lip-syncing to the song ( nice song) even though you know he's deploying all his skill to not slam into something at over 100mph.  He must have ear buds in, in order to sync so well. Music makes all the difference.  360 video is really the future of on line content, as @Marty Backe and @stephen have shown.

My 360 is in the mail and my 8M selfie stick :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Can't wait for some videos , glad you got the big selfie stick it's also amazing , so easy to edit works best in sunshine which I'm lacking atm😊

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Smoother said:

WOW! I MEAN WOW!! That was amazing.  I really like the way he's lip-syncing to the song ( nice song) even though you know he's deploying all his skill to not slam into something at over 100mph.  He must have ear buds in, in order to sync so well. Music makes all the difference.  360 video is really the future of on line content, as @Marty Backe and @stephen have shown.

It's his own song. I believe this played back at 1/3 speed, so the lip syncing is even more impressive.

• Like 1

Hey ho,

this video is by @Tilmann, paragliding down a mountain in Austria. Posting for him. Got it just when meeting @Smoother in Cambridge a few days ago, and we were both amazed to have a virtual window into the air while standing next to the river in the middle of the city.

If there ever was an argument for how great the Insta360 camera is, now there's one more! (That and the selfie stick removal. Such a simple idea, but boy does it have an amazing effect.)

You can move the view with your mouse, or even better by moving your mobile device, it's 360° video. 

https://veer.tv/videos/paragliding-insta360-one-x-291386

• Like 3

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hey ho,

this video is by @Tilmann, paragliding down a mountain in Austria. Posting for him. Got it just when meeting @Smoother in Cambridge a few days ago, and we were both amazed to have a virtual window into the air while standing next to the river in the middle of the city.

If there ever was an argument for how great the Insta360 camera is, now there's one more! (That and the selfie stick removal. Such a simple idea, but boy does it have an amazing effect.)

You can move the view with your mouse, or even better by moving your mobile device, it's 360° video. 

Haven't heard from @Tilmann in ages. When I flew Hang Gliders we would mount 8mm camcorders under the wing. It would have been amazing to capture some of my flights with a 360 camera. It's a great time we live in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hey ho,

That was superb!  Almost like being there (without the -5 degree, 35kmh wind in your face).  When @meepmeepmayer and i first viewed this, it was on his phone.  When we realized we had to spin the phone around to "look around" the video, we were spinning this way and that, up and down, on a public street.  People must have thought we were mad. Which in@meepmeepmayer case, they were right. :roflmao:. Just kidding. Great meeting and hanging out with you, and Buying you your first ever British warm beer (cellar temp. to be exact):cheers:

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Great meeting and hanging out with you, and Buying you your first ever British warm beer (cellar temp. to be exact):cheers:

Yes that was a great day! My first actual ride in 155 days (Holy crap how did this happen? It was just one regular winter:cry2:) and it was glorious. Riding through Cambridge with a likeminded person and seeing all the stuff again (and realizing once more how awesome EUCs are, you get everywhere so fast and effortlessly). Thanks for the tour and meeting me there and the beer (and the tea)!

• Like 1

Not sure how long this has been around, but I just saw it on facebook.

Insta360 One X TradeUp offer! Looks like you can trade in your old insta 360 One with or without a scratched lens for a $100 discount. Not bad considering it's hardly discounted. 

https://store.insta360.com/tradeup

Edited by maltocs
additional info
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Nice handy 3 battery charger for insta 360 one x batteries £13 eBay or £18 amazon prime. Now i can charge all 3 batteries at once 😊 wall adapter or usb 😊

IMG-20190704-172234.jpg
IMG-20190704-172222.jpg
IMG-20190704-172215.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

Nice handy 3 battery charger for insta 360 one x batteries £13 eBay or £18 amazon prime. Now i can charge all 3 batteries at once 😊 wall adapter or usb 😊

IMG-20190704-172215.jpg

Cool :cheers:

Wow, 3-batteries :o You must really be taking a lot of footage! How many 10-Terabyte hard drives do you have :laughbounce2:

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Cool :cheers:

Wow, 3-batteries :o You must really be taking a lot of footage! How many 10-Terabyte hard drives do you have :laughbounce2:

I bought a low temperature battery cause one was dying quick because of the cold,, not that you'll have that problem 🤪 , I've got some footage but not had time to process ,i usually delete after I've uploaded to YouTube just keep so many.

I just hated charging them separately in the camera and the dual insta one was £50 , so glad i seen this one 👍

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stephen said:

I bought a low temperature battery cause one was dying quick because of the cold,, not that you'll have that problem 🤪 , I've got some footage but not had time to process ,i usually delete after I've uploaded to YouTube just keep so many.

I just hated charging them separately in the camera and the dual insta one was £50 , so glad i seen this one 👍

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to buy one. Locally, Walmart is selling it for £12

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any post production vibration/shake issues after shooting off road footage with their Insta360 One X and a 10 foot stick?  I shoot footage yesterday and after post I was not happy with the stabilization outcome. The One X's stabilization feature was on.  I'm now trying to stabilize the entire video in Vegas pro.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Has anyone had any post production vibration/shake issues after shooting off road footage with their Insta360 One X and a 10 foot stick?  I shoot footage yesterday and after post I was not happy with the stabilization outcome. The One X's stabilization feature was on.  I'm now trying to stabilize the entire video in Vegas pro.

It should be stable but obviously the 10ft stick will bounce around but still stable footage .. I've had no problem and marty uses one frequently and looks fine,, it's on in the app when you are editing it .. If it doesn't do it on the normal selfie stick it shouldn't on a bigger one just more bounce

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stephen said:

It should be stable but obviously the 10ft stick will bounce around but still stable footage .. I've had no problem and marty uses one frequently and looks fine,, it's on in the app when you are editing it .. If it doesn't do it on the normal selfie stick it shouldn't on a bigger one just more bounce

Thanks. My 10 foot stick is bouncing all over the place compared to the shorter one. I'll just keep experimenting.

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks. My 10 foot stick is bouncing all over the place compared to the shorter one. I'll just keep experimenting.

Yeah just hold it further up the stick it takes a bit of getting used to 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

As you may know, that's the combination that I use all the time. Hard to know exactly what you're experiencing without seeing it. I've had a few instances where my hand/arm is tired and the X at the end of the pole is oscillating, and this will result in more motion than usual in the final footage. Again, it's rare and modifying my grip makes it go away.

If that's what you're talking about then you just need to hold the pole better. Otherwise all my footage is stable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Yeah just hold it further up the stick it takes a bit of getting used to 👍

Yes I've done that and also use a counter weight at the end. I might stick with the short stick in the woods. Avoiding tree branches is a hassle.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As you may know, that's the combination that I use all the time. Hard to know exactly what you're experiencing without seeing it. I've had a few instances where my hand/arm is tired and the X at the end of the pole is oscillating, and this will result in more motion than usual in the final footage. Again, it's rare and modifying my grip makes it go away.

If that's what you're talking about then you just need to hold the pole better. Otherwise all my footage is stable.

Yes the stick was stable in my hand. If you have a chance to watch my recently posted video there is a shadow of the 'invisible' stick moving around as I hit bumps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes I've done that and also use a counter weight at the end. I might stick with the short stick in the woods. Avoiding tree branches is a hassle.

Yes the stick was stable in my hand. If you have a chance to watch my recently posted video there is a shadow of the 'invisible' stick moving around as I hit bumps.

The Kiss video? Yeah, I saw that, and the video looked nice and smooth. Bouncing stick seems perfectly normal. I thought you were complaining that the video image was not stable.

• Like 1