insta360 x latest edition ?

stephen

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's been a long time. Have any of you tested the X with the Venture case? Some of you said you would offer some commentary on how the case may or may not degrade image quality.

@Rehab1, @who_the, @stephen, anyone? :crying:

Even if you don't have time to shoot any comparative video, maybe a few sentences with your opinion?

I can buy the case, but there seems to be zero information on the Whole Internet as to the image quality. Maybe that in itself means it's crap :confused1:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So, it's been a long time. Have any of you tested the X with the Venture case? Some of you said you would offer some commentary on how the case may or may not degrade image quality.

@Rehab1, @who_the, @stephen, anyone? :crying:

Even if you don't have time to shoot any comparative video, maybe a few sentences with your opinion?

I can buy the case, but there seems to be zero information on the Whole Internet as to the image quality. Maybe that in itself means it's crap :confused1:

I've not got the venture case as yet ,i have looked it up a couple of times but it's always out of stock anyway 😐

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stephen said:

I've not got the venture case as yet ,i have looked it up a couple of times but it's always out of stock anyway 😐

Amazon in the States now has stock for all of the accessories (I just bought an extra battery).

I purchased a 360 One X about a month ago. I bought directly from the 360 store in Shenzen. I bought it mainly for my son who will be living in Paris for the next six months to use for chronicling his day-to-day experiences.

I see more accessories for the 360 One than the One X on Amazon. I suppose I will order the extra battery and charging station I want direct from 360 since I can't get it more conveniently from another source.

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

I purchased a 360 One X about a month ago. I bought directly from the 360 store in Shenzen. I bought it mainly for my son who will be living in Paris for the next six months to use for chronicling his day-to-day experiences.

I see more accessories for the 360 One than the One X on Amazon. I suppose I will order the extra battery and charging station I want direct from 360 since I can't get it more conveniently from another source.

All of the  Insta "X" accessories are available from Amazon, some within 2-days and others within ~1 week.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

All of the  Insta "X" accessories are available from Amazon, some within 2-days and others within ~1 week.

Yeah. I hadn't looked on Amazon in a bit. When I was shopping for the camera back in November, I don't recall being able to find much. 

In anycase, during my search on Amazon today I found all the accessories that are of interest to me.

Just ordered an extra battery and charging cradle from Amazon.

Pondering the climb mount. We used the camera with the invisible-stick on our ride through DC yesterday. In addition to usual hazards of urban riding, DC requires continuous, hyper-alert pothole patrol. For us, the Constant surveillance and scanning the road ahead for rider-disloging potholes made using the stick feel cumbersome. A mounted camera seems like a better option for riding through DC. 

Our very smart ride partner and all around cool dude @Neil (yanex) had his camera mounted. We ended up putting the camera away and capturing footage only when stopped, while Neil got it all. I think the stick might work better on my trail rides, but for DC streets; a mount. 

Target has the Hero 7 for a couple of hundred. Seems like a good camera I might grab that for ride footage since the Insta is going to Europe.

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Bloody UK get everything last i only want the gps controller 😣 there's nothing in stock out here as yet

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Yeah. I hadn't looked on Amazon in a bit. When I was shopping for the camera back in November, I don't recall being able to find much. 

In anycase, during my search on Amazon today I found all the accessories that are of interest to me.

Just ordered an extra battery and charging cradle from Amazon.

Pondering the climb mount. We used the camera with the invisible-stick on our ride through DC yesterday. In addition to usual hazards of urban riding, DC requires continuous, hyper-alert pothole patrol. For us, the Constant surveillance and scanning the road ahead for rider-disloging potholes made using the stick feel cumbersome. A mounted camera seems like a better option for riding through DC. 

Our very smart ride partner and all around cool dude @Neil (yanex) had his camera mounted. We ended up putting the camera away and capturing footage only when stopped, while Neil got it all. I think the stick might work better on my trail rides, but for DC streets; a mount. 

Target has the Hero 7 for a couple of hundred. Seems like a good camera I might grab that for ride footage since the Insta is going to Europe.

I agree with the stick of the insta 360 its hard to maneuver around DC street plus theirs a lot of people walking you have to be careful. but if you mount it it's another story you can get a good shot with the stick than if you just mount it on specially in the helmet. Once you have it in the Helmet you will look like Teletubbies :roflmao:

th.jpeg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Neil (yanex) said:

but if you mount it it's another story you can get a good shot with the stick than if you just mount it on specially in the helmet.

:D:D:D where are you talking about mounting? True, the helmet mount looks goofy, but you can get a great 360 view. At least if I look goofy it's for a good cause; original content, and content is king :)👍

Edited by Lutalo

3 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

:D:D:D where are you talking about mounting? True, the helmet mount looks goofy, but you can get a great 360 view. At least if I look goofy it's for a good cause; original content, and content is king :)👍

On top of the helmet is best if you're producing a travelogue video, but for EUC videos where many of us enjoying seeing the rider and their wheel in the foreground with the forward or rearward trajectory in the background, a selfie-stick is best. The longer the better as @eddiemoy discovered. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

a selfie-stick is best. The longer the better as @eddiemoy discovered.

Why Better? Explain pleeeeese.:)  how long is too long? Do they make long selfie sticks or do you have to cobble one up with duct tape and sealing wax?

Edited by Smoother

40 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Why Better? Explain pleeeeese.:)  how long is too long? Do they make long selfie sticks or do you have to cobble one up with duct tape and sealing wax?

I guess I should say IMO, longer is better. If you have a 30-foot selfie-stick then it'll look like you're being filmed by a drone. I think that's a nice look for much of the filming.

Now we cannot realistically have a 30-foot stick, but you can buy ~10-foot selfie-sticks, and that's what I'm using for my 360 videos. For my traditional videos I use a ~4-foot stick.

This is my approach. Other people may like to shoot with the camera mounted on their head. If that's what they like and they get the desired viewership, great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

Speaking of helmet mounting :D i do mount my Hero 5 session in my head, ouch i mean in my helmet.:w00t2::roflmao:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Smoother said:

@Marty Backe where are your 360 vids? on your YouTube channel I guess.  I'll go take a look.

Only one is posted as a 360 video, but many of my recent videos are filmed with a 360 camera and then rendered to a flat image. They are all posted to our Video Thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

On top of the helmet is best if you're producing a travelogue video, but for EUC videos where many of us enjoying seeing the rider and their wheel in the foreground with the forward or rearward trajectory in the background, a selfie-stick is best. The longer the better as @eddiemoy discovered. 

That's a good point, but it would force me to have to pick my ride routes carefully; mostly routes that are free of a lot of the hazards that I mentioned earlier. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

How do you feel about the footage from that vantage point?

From the footage that i got still awesome because i record it in 4k, but the fact that the camera has just one focus wherever you point the camera is what angle you get it feels so lacking of something........ yourself. because in every footage you get, you want also yourself in the picture thats the disadvantage of a helmet mounted camera.

• Like 1