Great tunes for EUC riding.

Unventor

As suggested I thought it might be great to have a music suggestion thread. Of course people will have different taste, but might work if people use tags.

I am looking for a great tune lasting 6-7min for my commuting to work. Intended for external speakers. Any suggestions? Keep the comming ???:whistling:

• Like 1

I were considering this one: Hotel Califonia, sounded quit nice on the KS18L speakers.

I was about to start a thread kinda similar so will add my question here, but not intended to derail the OP. I thought having speakers on an EUC was an unnecessary feature, likely to be terrible sounding and cheapen other peoples impression of EUCs as I ride by. So I thought I wouldn't use the feature, but I actually enjoy having music playing (sometimes) and many people respond to it, perhaps partly because EUCs are also still a very rare novelty where I ride and the fact it plays music too, seems even more amazing to them. So, I wanted to really cheese it up (for times when it was appropriate) and build a themed playlist about "rolling/riding/wheels" etc - any song that has a distinct lyric that could relate to an EUC theme or generally car/road themed also but where lyrics ware still loosely about travelling in some way. No preference on music style; hip hop, pop, classic rock or anything....

Some examples in my playlist so far: Riders On The Storm (Doors), Ride Wit Me (Nelly), Like a Rolling Stone (Bob Dylan), Low Rider (War), Ridin' (Chamillionaire), Bicycle Race (Queen), Road To Nowhere (Talking Heads), CHIPs Theme (TV Show), Runnin' Down a Dream (Tom Petty), Life In The Fast Lane (Eagles), Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac), Highway to Hell (AC/DC), Life Is A Highway (Tom Cochrane) and yes I'm sorry to say even Rollin' (Limp Bizkit) (I can't believe I typed that!).

So anything goes, as long as lyrically it has a theme about riding, rolling, bikes or road trips/travelling that isn't heavily car orientated and it would sound amusing seeing an EUC rolling past while it's playing - "Travelling Without Moving" (Jamiroquai) is another example...

Any suggestions?!

Edited by Mishkin
  • Like 1

Maybe it’s just me - but I find if I’m listening to music while riding my EUC I can’t help but sing along out loud. I don’t have this problem anywhere else (shower, car, biking) only when riding my EUC. If my neighborhood doesn’t refer to me as “the guy on the wheel thing who can’t sing” I would be genuinely surprised.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my playlist on Spotify. I'm going to add a couple of the songs you guys have listed. I try to stay away from low notes because my 14d speakers are small. Also, I like playing music at times to warn pedestrians and bicyclists.   https://open.spotify.com/user/1288330190/playlist/71pTKK3gDa7awhLhxZF1gf?si=fbs5x0R6QEWsgjZHJmGz-A 

Edited by Flyboy10

• 5 months later...

I came across an old classic today that pretty much sums up what EUC riding means to me....if you don't know the background story behind this song I urge you to look it up. I am 120% sure what I am thinking off why this sound is so spot on.

I left my comfort zone took a risk and now I am EUC riding. Left my garage and car door shut most of the time.

Song writer: Peter Gabriel 

Song: Salisbury hill

Another nice cover version and pretty filming/video too

• 2 weeks later...