Q: Best Value EUC - Upto £1,000 Budget (UK)

adampj

@LanghamP,

Thanks for sharing both of the above posts. To be honest, it didn't even cross my mind that such restrictions would be put in place on the units. Just when you think you've checked everything... 

I have now had a Live Chat with Gearbest and they haven't been able to confirm for UK usage. They have logged a ticked and are going to come back to me in the next few days.

It'll be a real shame if that's the case, as I'll have to reconsider this purchase altogether if their isn't an easy workaround. You might've just saved me a big future headache. 

Will update on GB's reply when I hear more. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, adampj said:

@LanghamP,

Thanks for sharing both of the above posts. To be honest, it didn't even cross my mind that such restrictions would be put in place on the units. Just when you think you've checked everything... 

I have now had a Live Chat with Gearbest and they haven't been able to confirm for UK usage. They have logged a ticked and are going to come back to me in the next few days.

It'll be a real shame if that's the case, as I'll have to reconsider this purchase altogether if their isn't an easy workaround. You might've just saved me a big future headache. 

Will update on GB's reply when I hear more. Thanks again. 

After carefully playing with the drop down locations in the Gearbest website, I'm convinced that all you have to do is take your wheel across the Channel to any country in Western Europe, then activate your wheel there.

You'd never use your Inmotion application once you set up your wheel, of course, but I haven't opened up my (buggy) Inmotion app in over a year. Inmotion, Gotway, and Kingsong application need to simplify themselves and in turn make sure the critical functions work.

You may be my new best friend, as I'm planning to purchase a wheel while flying over to Europe, and I need a mailing address to ship the wheel.

Don’t think you need to “activate” the wheel. It should just work.

They may not do any warranty work/send spares for failed parts to your UK address. But you could buy another with the savings or all new parts on aliexpress, so your still winning.

warrenty claims will just have to be on gearbest, and probably only last the 14-28 days or whatever  

Theres only a low chance of the wheel having any issues anyway.

1 hour ago, Daniel Hollinghurst said:

Don’t think you need to “activate” the wheel. It should just work.

I had to use the Inmotion app to unlock the higher speed, and my Kingsong just sat there moaning and flashing at me until I entered its wheel code. 

On 11/3/2018 at 4:53 PM, LanghamP said:

They specifically mentioned the USA region will not work with their wheels.

Hi All, just a quick update as I've now heard back from Gearbest. Apparently good news! See screenshot below. Fingers crossed that should at least cover me! Thanks all the same @LanghamP:thumbup:

Screenshot_20181107-192724__01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, adampj said:

my parcel tracking app is getting bored of the refresh button

From what people reported here, the tracking won't even start before the wheel is in Europe. Usually you get the package about the same time you get the notification it has arrived in the Netherlands (or wherever). So, you expect nothing and one day - surprise wheel!

18 minutes ago, adampj said:

Patience is a virtue... another crappy saying I'll add to that list.. ;) 

:efee612b4b:

Archived