Does anyone know the history of EUCs?

mdogbucket

1 hour ago, esaj said:

It crossed my mind, but we were walking slowly on the sidewalk, when I noticed him, he was already a good 10-20 meters ahead of us and disappeared among other traffic

Darn. Well you may cross paths again. For your efforts you will be honored as the EUC Forum’s Good Will Ambassador for Laos. ;)

On 10/5/2018 at 7:34 PM, Esper said:

I'm sure you are joking about this, as my response was not harsh in any mean. The search bar is on the top of the page. It does not take much knowledge to use it but it does take time. Time is something that not everyone can give towards a person that is unwilling to help themselves. It is not as if I am saying to go visit another website as the information is here in this forum. Only that this forum is vast and has many many threads.

If you wish to find the information it has already been compiled from many many other locations on the internet and resides within this forum. The hard work is already done, you just have to look.

That would be faster to send a link than write all those notations

48 minutes ago, maxkan said:

That would be faster to send a link than write all those notations

A person that knows how to read is much better than a person that doesn't yet asks everyone around them to read signs and tell them what they say.

It is better that a person knows how to find the information themself than to rely on other people, especially for information that is easy to find. Were this some cryptic message buried deep within vast amounts of data that would require months to sift through, I would provide an answer if it were readily available or at least help search for the answer.

Clearly you disagree, but my method is used in all schools across the world. A teacher doesn't freely give an answer, they explain how to find the answer and let the student work it out.

Unless you truly believe an old dog can't learn new tricks?

38 minutes ago, Esper said:

Unless you truly believe an old dog can't learn new tricks?

I understand your motivation. But in my opinion shorter notation would be more effective because the student may become bored really quick with the long one and it would not have any effect except frustration. IMO the best solution is to give it short and then, at the end of the message, give a link to an info in question

11 hours ago, maxkan said:

I understand your motivation. But in my opinion shorter notation would be more effective because the student may become bored really quick with the long one and it would not have any effect except frustration. IMO the best solution is to give it short and then, at the end of the message, give a link to an info in question

Everyone has their own methods. Mine allows someone on this forum to learn the search feature and not only gain information about the "history of EUC" but also anything else they with to know that is within this thread. With answering every question that is within easy reach to get yourself, you are giving that person an expectation to be able to start a new thread asking every question.
It would be like every question that was asked about the Ninebot Z10 was asked in a new thread. But instead we have a 100+ page thread with all the questions.
Someone looking for a specific answer for that would have to sift through over 100 pages to find the answer. IN THAT CASE it would be easier to give the answer. But if the question was asked in a new thread and the answer is on the next page? That is obviously no effort put into looking into it themself. If the information takes less time to search for than typing the answer, I'd rather tell the person to go look for it themself. It may seem harsh, but the world is a harsh place. When you fall on an EUC you don't expect the ground to apologize for hurting you.

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Except that the information, the little bit that exists scattered throughout the forum, isn't at all easy to find.

The information has been compiled at least once before from other places on the forum. Which, also, was only asked about a month prior to this same question being asked on this specific thread.
It's like your neighbor asking you for a recipe for lunch, then next week, the neighbor's brother (who lives in the same house) asks for the same recipe. The information is there. you just need to open your eyes and look rather than asking everyone to do everything for you. 

Archived