Posting an interactive 360 photo sphere to Facebook

Bob Eisenman

So....you have a camera that creates a 360 photosphere and you want to share the viewable sphere on Facebook.

Use this link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215487326407997&id=1583706302

You've read that the aspect ratio of the equirectangular flat file should be 2:1 and that the photos 'metadata' flagging it as a 360 photo needs to be 'injected'.

This website injects the metadata for you. 

https://nadirpatch.com/exif/

1-upload the 'odd looking' 360 photo (2:1 aspect ratio equirectangular file) to the website

2-download the processed 360 photo

3-upload the processed 360 photo file to your Facebook timeline......done!

4-view the 360 photo on Facebook interactively or share a public link to it on Facebook as shown above.

On Android the  photo Gallery shows the processed 360 photo (for upload to Facebook) with a small VR icon in the upper right corner of the thumbnail

360 VR photos with correct metadata are shown in Android's photo Gallery with a small VR icon in the upper right corner of the image thumbnail

• 1 month later...

Would you happen to know?    Can you pull sections of flat video from a 360 recording?  

That is,  post stitching,  is there a (preferably free) editor (and preferably PC as I've only got a Note 4 so the software for my Gear 360 is flaky) that can allow you to direct shots and pans etc post production.        ie.  Record everything and decide what video I want in frame afterwards.    So I can pan and tilt around to keep say,  my dog in shot,  and me and the wheel framed

I made a couple the last couple of days as my Gear 360 2016 just arrived.  

Also,  any other settings tips?   I'm losing so much quality in the youtube upload its not really watchable anymore,  and 4.5mins at full rez from the software is 1.7Gb...   

Collect,   Android app,   allows me to frame sections within the 360 and pick angles,   here's a little rip from within the river run vid,   allows for higher rez output.
Just posting the solution I found to my own question :-)

Archived