How many Ninebot users worldwide?

Autotransfer.jetzt

Hard to say.  I've been Ninebotting around downtown Boston for about the last 2 months (I have two units - for those wondering about my other thread where I talk about my ninebot being gone for repairs) and I have yet to see virtually a single other EUC user. Ninebot or otherwise.  If the community is growing, it certainly isn't in Boston. :)

I don't think that the US is the second market for EUCs anyway.  France beats US in EUCs or SBUs or whatever you want to call them.  Asia even with China excluded I think are ahead of both the US and Europe.  Still my comments are generically about EUCs.  Ninebots specifically, I don't know but to look at the App and see who is ranking.  China is over-represented and Europe, but the US not so much.  I think the US is behind on catching on to this phenomena. 

I have seen exactly one EUC on the streets where I live/work, other than mine of course. 

I saw one on the local news because the guy sent them a video of him mowing his lawn with one of those old-style, mechanical push lawn mowers (that don't use gas).  So he was really being green with mowing his yard. 

So, I know there's one.   It was an Airwheel.

Here are a few maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z90XysMelFuQ.klpE5LwWEBXU

https://www.urban360.com/

About a month ago I saw a guy riding a TG T3, we stopped and "talked" for a short while but he was hearing impaired so we typed messages to each other.

Last week I saw a guy riding a Boosted Board who lives about half a mile from me, looked like fun but I'd take an EUC any day.

Hi my dear Ninebot fans. What do you think -- how many Ninebot users are there currently out there worldwide and how fast is the Ninebot community growing? Also, I guess the largest Ninebot population lives in China followed by the US followed by whom, us Germans? 

The android ninebot app has been download 5000 times, so if you assume equal number of android and ios users I would say at least 10000.

Screenshot_2015-09-11-16-29-38.png

The android ninebot app has been download 5000 times, so if you assume equal number of android and ios users I would say at least 10000.

...but this app is not only for the ninebot one model, it is for the two wheels model as well.

...but this app is not only for the ninebot one model, it is for the two wheels model as well.

Yeah that's true. Im figuring the NB1 is more popular than their other models, plus I'm sure there on people that get the nb1 and don't download the app. All just a guestimate though.

Yeah that's true. Im figuring the NB1 is more popular than their other models, plus I'm sure there on people that get the nb1 and don't download the app. All just a guestimate though.

and you can get the app directly from Ninebot without getting it from the Google Play Store.  (I'm not sure about on the Apple side.)

and you can get the app directly from Ninebot without getting it from the Google Play Store.  (I'm not sure about on the Apple side.)

Yeah good point. All other things being equal you can use the number of reported downloads to gage relatively how popular ninebots/euc are becoming. If by next year the number of downloads is 25k, they've around 5 times more common.

I'd expect the numbers to go up considerably once the legislation catches up with the EUCs and people become more aware of them. Of course they'll probably never be as popular as "safer" and easier (in terms of learning curve) forms of transportation, but I'd expect them to become quite more common in the coming years (except where they're outright banned ;)). Were the legislative status to be more clear here (it has been said that they should become legal around the change of year, but of course that isn't 100% sure), and the riding season longer (unless you like riding in really cold weather and possibly at least partially frozen roads, it's probably something like middle of April to end of September/early October here), I'd probably set up a shop, but that would have to have more services (repair, customization, training) than just selling the wheels themselves, as I probably never could compete in price against foreign web-stores.

Archived