Why did you choose EUC instead of other type of electric vehicle

Hsiang

And completely geared up in protective gear, a good example for us all, Sir!

from time to time I get the feeling that riding an EUC is like being on a Power-plate, you’re trying to keep your balance during the entire ride whilst definitely having more fun. I’m convinced that riding an EUC can help building up muscles and strengthening ligaments through permanent, but not excessive (most of the time) movement. Just my thoughts, might be wrong, but that would explain why most beginners get exhausted physically quite quickly and feel parts of their body/muscles aching they didn’t even know existed.

Edited by Papa Schultz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Papa Schultz said:

And completely geared up in protective gear, a good example for us all, Sir!

from time to time I get the feeling that riding an EUC is like being on a Power-plate, you’re trying to keep your balance during the entire ride whilst definitely having more fun. I’m convinced that riding an EUC can help building up muscles and strengthening ligaments through permanent, but not excessive (most of the time) movement. Just my thoughts, might be wrong, but that would explain why most beginners get exhausted physically quite quickly and feel parts of their body aching. 

I'm pretty convinced that the EUC is helping my knee in some ways. Normal walking and jogging are less painful. The only time it seems bad is over sharp edge bumps. I snapped a peg off a dirt bike about 10yrs ago flat landing and my foot hit the dirt with a locked knee. Shape edge bumps reveal the loss of cushion in my knee and can make it hurt for hrs after riding. 

I wonder how many of us on EUC's actually were injury free prior to this new hobby. I think most of us here like activities that are really really fun until a sudden stop!

Edited by Flying W
Phone auto correct put wrong words

Quite frankly if these things were around 15 years ago I would have never bought a car, the hybrid insight, I freaking hate cars and the whole car industry....

Alex and Jerome pretty much stated everything... I would have liked to buy onewheel but that price/distance is not doing it for me no matter how much fun it is...any eu $1500+ seems right because of speed/distance capacity, more distance than speed- will not go faster then 25 km/h except on passing....just can't on deciding on which one.... so mini has to do for now... My first choice would be the Z10, buuut the stupid weight/distance thing is killing me...

We have to get past this, can't travel Airlines with battery, deal!! They have destroyed everything good...

Edited by MetricUSA

• 1 year later...

Hi All

For those of you that have tried both EUC and Electric Skateboard, which of these is the most enjoyable? (my solo purpose is to get out and having some fun)

So far I liked skiiing (on the snow in mountains), windsurfing (the best ever).

Recently for various reasons I had to give up both and so I started skateboarding, it's fun, but there is not much downhill here and this is why I am looking for something electric (as mentioned my priority is having fun, not commuting)

Thank you all

EUC is much more fun because:

1. Faster
  2. Position: feels like a magic carpet ride, facing forward
  3. Don't feel little bumps.  Don't have to worry about small obstacles like stones.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:52 AM, Phantom377 said:

Hi All

For those of you that have tried both EUC and Electric Skateboard, which of these is the most enjoyable? (my solo purpose is to get out and having some fun)

So far I liked skiiing (on the snow in mountains), windsurfing (the best ever).

Recently for various reasons I had to give up both and so I started skateboarding, it's fun, but there is not much downhill here and this is why I am looking for something electric (as mentioned my priority is having fun, not commuting)

Thank you all

I'm new to EUC and electric skateboarding.  I really like both and I am looking to get a much larger and faster EUC this week. One thing I will point out, is when comparing the two, people tend to compare Chinese made EUCs to expensive American made or sold electric skateboards.  There are now several Chinese companies like Meepo that make skateboards that go  over 25 mph with no concerns of cutoffs and that are much cheaper than the equivalent performing EUC.  The big difference to me is that the skateboard moves like a truck. Yes I can carve and that is a lot of fun, but one can't make sharp turns or weave like you can on the EUC.   My sons are 10 and 12 and it was much more affordable to get everyone skateboards that could go over 20mph and several miles for family group rides than to do the same with EUCs and again, I am not as worried about them doing face plants or breaking collar bones due to cutouts.  We still wear protection and take it seriously though. But I think the EUC has the higher fun factor up side and I think the boys agree as they beg for their own, lol. I don't care to commute at all. I ride for fun.  

I've yet to try an e skateboard but am looking hard at them, I'd like to add an AT type to play on around the yard and on the gravel road behind my house, I'm the type to try everything and see what sticks, may or may not be for me but at least I tried it.  

I ride bicycles prior to an EUC and always worry that my locked bike outside is stolen or I take extra precaution when I have my bike in front of a bus.

With an EUC, you just bring it in with you and don't need to worry about security.

Even before the EUC, I wanted an electric skateboard but realized the small wheels is detrimental when you hit a crack, rock, or whatever that may send you flying off of it easily. So I was super intrigued by the larger wheel, range, and speed of a EUC versus any of the board varieties including a scooter. I've actually seen people hit cracks on the road with those rented scooters. Folks normally don't wear helmets so I've seen split heads.

First time I saw one it instantly blew my mind. I was standing outside a hotel in Zurich, waiting for my ride. It was a very busy intersection: cars, bikes, trains, people walking. Then I saw this kid just effortlessly slip through the traffic on a wheel. It was amazing! Then when I looked them up and saw what they are capable of it sealed the deal. 

• Like 2

It's interesting to see how many of our stories go through an evolution to get us to where we are now.

I originally started thinking about it when  my granddaughter got a hoverboard. It looked more like a toy to me so I decided to see what else was out there.
After some research, I had finally settled on the Evolve Bamboo, but before I pulled the trigger,  I ran across the One Wheel. It looked so much more maneuverable and had such a unique look. I started learning more about it when I ran across some videos with EUCs. Between the speed, distance, maneuverability, etc, it seemed the way to go. I decided to start with a Kingsong 14D to learn on and now I have my eye on the Inmotion V11.

Being 59, I was a little nervous. Everyone told me I was too old to be doing this until I ran across this forum and found out that I am NOT too old. As a matter of fact, since I have started riding, my lower back pain has gone away and my knees and ankles are getting stronger with each ride.

• Like 3