KS18L, my new ride and how is it holding up next to my V10f

Cumulus Libre

27 minutes ago, US69 said:

For any comparisons of a 16inch and a 18inch wheel: Just by physics the 16inch wheel will always win the torque and acceleration part.

The 18inch will always be better on comfort and bumps and a more stable ride. That isnt brand related. i would say thats on all EUC available at the time.

THANKS... It has been driving me crazy when people are doing these comparisons as to which wheel is best between sizes... :thumbup:

Now we just need people to understand this, decide on the criteria that is most important and go from there... then they can choose which manufacturer, or buy multiple wheels and there is no decision... :)

Once we see someone have come up with a working and affordable shock absorbing system things might change about comfort. Here I mean beside the tyre acting as only absorbing system.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my KS18L since three weeks, it's a lovely ride, but since a few days I have problems with the handle  : I can't get the handle to slide out on 75% of the attempts, very annoying when you ride in the city and just want to walk next to it, I jam people since I am not able to get the trolley out,... 

It didn't fell on it yet, so I don't understand, I do get the feeling that the mechanism "pushing in the button" is not properly opening and hence I am unable to slide it out of it's holding position.. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?

3 hours ago, Cumulus Libre said:

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?

This happens to mine from time to time. I resolve it by pushing the handle down firmly to ensure that it is locked on both sides of the wheel. I then depress the button in the middle of the handle. I raise the handle slowly and evenly until it locks into my preferred trolley position. I'm not sure if this will work for you, but nothing beats a failure but a try.??

If you got your wheel three weeks ago you should already have the first draft trolley improvement. There is now a second draft improvement that appears as standard equipment on the new 18 LX, and available (I think) as an upgrade to current owners.

However if your handle is broken, don't try to fix it. Replace it. It's still very much under warranty so, contact your dealer.

Returning the failed trolleys helps the dealers and manufacturer to see what is failing, and how it failing. This process aids continuous improvement and is probably the reason for the 2d draft black trolley mechanism that is now available and supplied with the 18 LX. 

Archived