Advice for beginners

Ena

Hi guys,

I am a student who travels 2-3 kms each day between school and subway. Therefore I found few devices according to my budget. 2 second hand unicycles and a brand new electric push scooter. Between I am around 90kgs. And I don’t know how to ride a unicycle yet, I ll learn it I hope :)

ks16s - this device is around 1000km , good shell.

gotway msuper v3- is around 2000km and shell and tires are good.

ninebot es2 - brand new scooter, but still a little cheaper then both 2nd hand unicycles.

please help me guys since you have lots of experiences.

thanks!

So all three of those can easily go the distances you need...and then some...and then some more in the case of the EUCs.

I'd say that since the EUCs are 2nd hand whereas the scooter is new, you'd be better off getting one of the EUCs and trying it out (as they are "limited time deals") and then if you don't like it selling the EUC and getting the scooter.  Plus I think EUCs are more fun than kick scooters.

11 hours ago, Ena said:

I am a student who travels 2-3 kms each day between school and subway

If your purpose is just commuting almost EVERY DAY and using the SUBWAY (in Germany), I would go with the scooter. (Even though the EUCs have the higher fun factor AND draw more attention), for your purpose the scooter will be safer and you may get less harassed by police and/or station staff.

And especially since this is your way to school, you don’t need such harassment, what you need is a convenient and safe way to commute. Please also consider, that with an EUC you need to wear some protective equipment. Telling you otherwise would be irresponsible.

So my advice: Get the scooter for commuting. AND safe up for an EUC later, just as a hobby. And a year later, once you are confident with your EUC and riding it around people and trolleying it in subway stations, you can then decide which suits your purpose best.

If you get an EUC I would get the KS16s. I have both the KS16s and the MSuper. I like both but the KS16s is more suited to your needs. Also the MSuper is not a good beginner wheel. The shell is fragile compared to the KS16s

I'd go with the scooter as well. I have ridden $300 scooters and $1400 scooters (nothing in between), and I gotta admit that no matter how dorky you look on one, they feel fantastic.

Especially the $1400 one, the speed, safety, and high-speed agility cannot be beat, and I find the comfort of standing on a scooter much higher than sitting on a bicycle.

The one thing I do not like about scooters is how flexible the steering tube is. Just hew it out of a solid 20 pound chunk of titanium, damn the weight, and I'll be happy.

Archived