100 miles down, Tesla questions

jfree13

Hey everyone!  I’ve just breached my first 100 miles on an EUC and it was a Tesla per Jason’s recommendation. This post will not be a review as I am seeking advice on how to upgrade/ operate the wheel for better performance. 

1.  Since this was my training wheel it took some scrapes and scratches (which are ok), but the part that irks me is that the upper padding tore and is starting to peel off. Anyone know of a good replacement padding?

2.  I keep seeing slime mentioned; what product is this specifically and how much do I use to save my wheel Incase of a puncture?

3.  Wheel apps.  So I used the kebye gotway app and I like the availability to adjust my tilt back, alarm noises, ride hardness, and calibration, but it seems that after I use the app a few times it starts to encounter a fatal error where it shuts down upon opening. Does anyone else have this problem?  I am using it on iOS 11.4. In the interim, I use DarknessBot to monitor battery, mileage, etc, but it doesn’t have all the calibrations the gotway app does. Also, in DarknessBot it continually has tiltback set to 30 kph every time I open the app, yet I’ve gone 25 mph+ without any tilt back/ alarm beeps.

finally, when charged to around 80 percent, I am only getting 15 miles or so before DB tells me my battery is at 30%, is this right?  Avg cruise speed is 14 mph but I always let it rip when I can for a few seconds.

Also, feel free to offer any other advice you think a noob might need to know, especially helmet recommendations that don’t break the bank.  And if anyone is in Chicagoland area and wants to ride or knows of good riding spots, lmk too please. 

I don't know how much you weigh (it matters), but at my weight of ~175-pounds and at those speeds, the Tesla is a 45-mile wheel.

Search this Forum for Slime and you'll learn everything you need to know. I have a few Slime videos on my YouTube channel (Maintenance Playlist). Enter this Google search:  site:forum.electricunicycle.org Slime

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know how much you weigh (it matters), but at my weight of ~175-pounds and at those speeds, the Tesla is a 45-mile wheel.

Search this Forum for Slime and you'll learn everything you need to know. I have a few Slime videos on my YouTube channel (Maintenance Playlist). Enter this Google search:  site:forum.electricunicycle.org Slime

Thanks man, I’m on it!  

And im about 180 so that’s a good scale of reference. 

Archived