MSuper X Mountain Stress Test

Finally took my MSX to the Mountain Proving Grounds and ran it up Overheat Hill. Only the MCM5 ran this hill cooler. The MSuper X proves itself time and again on these hills as a super cool running wheel even under stress. This was also my first real test of @EUC GUY's custom MSX sidepads.

1 hour ago, Lukas83 said:

And eucguy smoked his one on that hill?

No, @EUC GUY lives in Norway and smoked his from pushing a car. I live in the United States.

17 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

he did what :o, is there a video?

Yeah. It was posted here and elsewhere. Can't give you a link just now, but if you go to his YouTube channel (EUC Guy) you can see it. He totally melted his motor wires and fried the control board.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah. It was posted here and elsewhere. Can't give you a link just now, but if you go to his YouTube channel (EUC Guy) you can see it. He totally melted his motor wires and fried the control board.

And as soon as I have it fixed, more "less brutal" testing ? 

13 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

And as soon as I have it fixed, more "less brutal" testing ? 

Might I suggest pulling something up a hill, like a sled or wagon with bricks (or a friend) in it...more utilitarian.

P.S. I love your great work and videos, even if they are creative or unusual! 

I am not sure why the tester thought the board would fail before the wires fried? The motor wires look like #14 gauge which is suitable only for the lights, they are certainly not adequate for the circuit board or motor. If I had a Gotway I would just replace the battery wires and motor wires with at least a #10gauge wire or triple up on the #14s and fagetaboutit. Depending on wire insulation to prevent fusing is a very bad idea. Given the amps Gotway allows its motors to receive, I am surprise the wires didn't go poof.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:51 AM, Marty Backe said:

Finally took my MSX to the Mountain Proving Grounds and ran it up Overheat Hill. Only the MCM5 ran this hill cooler. The MSuper X proves itself time and again on these hills as a super cool running wheel even under stress. This was also my first real test of @EUC GUY's custom MSX sidepads.

Gotway has handled the board and battery situation nicely. Beware, however of the weakest link, the wiring to the motor. You are very handy, I would beef them up and rest easy climbing any hill the wheel will go up.

On 9/27/2018 at 5:05 PM, Jerome said:

Gotway has handled the board and battery situation nicely. Beware, however of the weakest link, the wiring to the motor. You are very handy, I would beef them up and rest easy climbing any hill the wheel will go up.

I'm familiar enough with the Gotway wiring and feel very confident that it can handle my hills without doing any mods. The key is to pay attention to the amps and don't run it for long at maximum current draw. I use my Pebble watch for that.

8 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Wow... why would you do that, it was paint full to watch that failure. But I was very impressed of what MSX capable of. I absolutely Love my 84v one.

Here is the link for anyone

Simple. I was curious. 

Archived