Larger pedals for my V8

mdogbucket

I posted more generally in the “mods” forum for advice about custom fabrication of larger pedals for my V8, but I thought I would check here to see if there is any chance that INMOTION would offer larger factory pedals that could be swapped onto a wheel.  This would of course be the ideal clean way to do it but I’m guessing it is not available?  

Call me crazy but even at a size 10.5 / 11, my feet hang off both sides of the pedal.  Seems it would be much better and more comfortable if pedals were a bit larger.  

Thanks

I am hearing from ewheels.com that the V10 pedals should fit the V8, so that's what I'm going to try.  Not sure how much bigger they are, but they look bigger?  Maybe someone has both a V8 and V10 and could shed some light on the pedal size difference?  Comfort difference?

13 hours ago, Mono said:

According to my records 245x135mm for the V10 vs 212x123mm for the V8, I would be very surprised if you wouldn't feel a relevant difference.

Excellent.  That's what I am hoping.  They look quite a bit bigger in pics but it was hard to really tell.  

I am looking for guidance on how to remove the pedals from a v8.

I have the screws off the "ends" but the pedal is still locked in place.

I suspect there is a smaller screw under the friction board, but I see no guide on how to remove the friction board and/or get at said screw.

Any help out there???

Thanks, RockyTop!

The setscrew on the v8 seems like it's at the "bottom" in the middle. Then there's the two end screws. Looking at the Inmotion video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOMDa4I5n0 , I see taking out the center and both end screws, then pushing from one end. Annoyingly the video skips just a little bit at that point, so you sorta see some pushing but then it skips to one end being out.

I tried translating the chinese instructions ( google translate in camera mode :-/ ) and the results aren't particularly good. This is step 4, part 4, time mark 6:45. Would love if a chinese speaker could give a hand.

When I do push like in the video, I get bubkiss, but I can keep trying. Apply more force. Hope that axle thing isn't bent ( it seems burly, but.... ? )

Have you done this on a v8, or are you suggesting generally?

( Fyi, I am doing this because my overall wheel is bent, and I bought a new wheel / motor combo. Thus I need to take the pedals off and put it on the new wheel / motor combo. Since I seemed to have bent the wheel ( we'll see ), I may have bent the axel and that could be what's making all this difficult... :-/ )

Given that wheel is old and has some damage the pin might be stuck.  A good drive pin and a firm hold make a world of difference. The pin is smaller than the screws. make sure you are not hitting the threads for the set screws. 

11 minutes ago, bbulkow said:

Thanks, RockyTop!

The setscrew on the v8 seems like it's at the "bottom" in the middle. Then there's the two end screws. Looking at the Inmotion video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOMDa4I5n0 , I see taking out the center and both end screws, then pushing from one end. Annoyingly the video skips just a little bit at that point, so you sorta see some pushing but then it skips to one end being out.

When I do push like in the video, I get bubkiss, but I can keep trying. Apply more force. Hope that axel thing isn't bent ( it seems burly, but.... ? )

generally.

You can see the parts  here

18 minutes ago, bbulkow said:

Thanks, RockyTop!

I tried translating the chinese instructions ( google translate in camera mode :-/ ) and the results aren't particularly good. This is step 4, part 4, time mark 6:45. Would love if a chinese speaker could give a hand.

When I do push like in the video, I get bubkiss, but I can keep trying. Apply more force. Hope that axle thing isn't bent ( it seems burly, but.... ? )

( Fyi, I am doing this because my overall wheel is bent, and I bought a new wheel / motor combo. Thus I need to take the pedals off and put it on the new wheel / motor combo. Since I seemed to have bent the wheel ( we'll see ), I may have bent the axel and that could be what's making all this difficult... :-/ )

Both my ninebots have the small setscrew at the bottom in the middle.  I don't think you have to take that one all the way out, just a few turns should free the shaft.  Try tapping a phillips screwdriver with a hammer or something.

I think I remember someone having a slightly bent shaft and having a hard time but got it out.  Some people put a little oil on it to make future removal easier.

https://youtu.be/dy-J7xP4o_g  how to remove pedal.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, DanCar said:

Where can I buy V10 peddles to put on V8?  I'm in the U.S.

I'm waiting for them to be back in stock at either ewheels or Inmotion USA.  Jason at ewheels said he's expecting a shipment in about 3 weeks.

• 3 months later...

I can attest to the v10 pedals from Ewheels fitting on the v8. If you buy them from Ewheels, it comes with spacers that you can use to make sure your pedals don't flop around.

The upgrade in comfort and control for me was substantial and worth the price, imo.

Does anyone know if V8 or V10 footplates fit the V5F? Although I don't have the wheel yet, I have seen many people report about how small the V5's are, and I am size 11. I would rather order up some now than wait until I have the wheel and incur further delays. Cheers

Archived