question on speed restrictions

blackfalcon

I am looking to get my first unicycle but it seems like while they all advertise 18-20 kph max speed some have actual caps at 12kph. I am looking for a model that can actually accelerate to these speeds, or atleast somewhere close to this. 15 or so.

Some models I am looking at are, 

Fotowelt X30

IPS121&IPS122

Also any other models that you know of that let you go around 15-20 =kph would be fantastic

Not only can King Song unicycles reach 30km/h+, but they can safely maintain high speeds for extended periods of time, and have implemented features to eliminate every known type of unexpected shutdown.

Fotowelt is definitely a dangerous brand, so expect injuries. I view IPS as a big monolithic company that can't make changes fast enough to keep up, and they have a long standing reputation of having a middle-of-the-range speed.

Eva and X8 are pretty drastically different wheels.  Eva is 12" and x8 is 16".  12" is more nimble bit less stable at high speeds and cannot handle rough/uneven surfaces and holes as well.  Some people might see 12" as more fun to mess around with, but the Eva is a little restricted in that sense because the wheels clip the ground easier when leaning into sharp turns than other wheels. I would say the x8 is more practical for a first wheel, and good enough for a short commute. 

Archived