My Wife Wants To Learn!

Marty Backe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure. Speedyfeet didn't have the ACM2 in stock for quite some time now. I'd guess it's no longer produced. But why?

that's a good question, maybe I was wrong and they don't make it anymore, but they are still available on ALI... may just be left over inventory... who knows, but from a business standpoint, what I am observing makes sense no matter what the deal is... on that note, I think they need to put a bigger battery in the Tesla and stick a 3" tire on it... that would certainly peak my interest but these prices are getting a bit crazy.. I ran into a couple riding "one-wheels" earlier this evening when I was on my ACM... we chatted for a few and his XR model was like $1700, and had a range of 18 miles... he was shocked when I told him I paid 1600 for mine and it had a top speed of 30mph and around a 50 mile range...:D:D

Well, there's no competition in the Onewheel market. The best Onewheel would have to be <$1000 if it were a EUC, specs-wise. Also, apparently there are cut-outs galore due to bad hardware quality or the fact there's no audio warnings. Gotway 2 years ago was better than that.

It's a bit sad. Onewheels are kind of cool for people who want to ride sideways, much better than electric skateboards in where they can go.

If I were a EUC manufacturer, I'd build a waterproof, long-range, powerful Onewheel SideRideTM for these people. You could easily make one twice as good as the existing originals, if you look at the much better EUC specs and components.

1 hour ago, Marcglider said:

hope she doesn't want a new ACMv2... @JES bought the last one from Jason and he is not selling them anymore...:(

25 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That can only mean one thing: new Gotway 16 incher incoming! Finally!:w00t2:Or GW stopped producing ACMs without a replacement.

15 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

If I were to guess, this is my observation... Jason got a good deal on a large order, he was selling them $103 below list... now with the tariff, the price of one will be probably around $1800, the Teslas will be $1600 when he gets the next shipment... He has plenty of 16S's in stock at $1299 with silvers coming in in Nov... his relationship with KS is much better than GW... at the price he would need to sell the  ACM at, it is close to the 18L which he has in stock as well and they are coming out with a bigger battery... SO, I may be wrong but this is my opinion on Why... maybe he will chime in but it who knows... I think it is a great wheel but also it will be close in price to a Z10 which is just one more reason, and I think he has 100 of those on order... :)

This is all depressing to hear.

Beyond the power and riding characteristics of the ACM2, there will now be no long-range 16-inch wheels readily available. Not a good sign.

That all being said, we can still buy ACM2's direct from China via the Green Fashion shop. I support EWheels when I can, but my choice of wheels will not be limited by what they choose to sell. Hopefully my ACM2's will keep working for a long time yet.

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Onewheels are kind of cool for people who want to ride sideways, much better than electric skateboards in where they can go.

I agree... the one thing he had on me was he said he rides on the trails at the Park down the road from me... it is like all deep sand, even with my Z10, I won't even try it as I know I will end up on my ass... LOL

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is all depressing to hear.

Beyond the power and riding characteristics of the ACM2, there will now be no long-range 16-inch wheels readily available. Not a good sign.

That all being said, we can still buy ACM2's direct from China via the Green Fashion shop. I support EWheels when I can, but my choice of wheels will not be limited by what they choose to sell. Hopefully my ACM2's will keep working for a long time yet.

I knew you didn't want to hear this and I didn't know the best place to post it... here is the scary thing I do not think anyone has the answer to Marty... If we buy a wheel from Green and receive it, are we going to get a bill in the mail down the road for the Tariff???? if that's the case, the price from them right now for the 1600wh is like 2 grand, I suppose there is a possibility of getting a invoice for $500 from Unc Sam.... ???  this is my concern :crying: 

I don't know if this relevant, but the price for the ACM2 on Green Fashion looks like it is about 25% higher than I paid ewheels. I'm wondering if Canadians are getting dinged 25% just because of our proximity to the US.

Real sad part of the Tariff deal is who's getting that tariffs money? It sure the hell isn't the taxpayers!!! Probably, going towards the tax dodgers like TruMcP.... Oops the conversation went for a bad turn....

38 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

Real sad part of the Tariff deal is who's getting that tariffs money? It sure the hell isn't the taxpayers!!! Probably, going towards the tax dodgers like TruMcP.... Oops the conversation went for a bad turn....

Tariff tax just goes into the general revenue like sales tax, but somewhat similar to Value Added Tax the tariff is collected even before goods are sold. Governments love tariff and VAT since they can collect before the goods are sold, which is why you get all sorts of weird classifications of goods that don't quite follow SICs (standard industrial code).

For example, if you've bought an EUC chances are it was classified as an electric wheelbarrow which as an agricultural item has little or no tax. Yes, we are tax dodgers...

On 10/4/2018 at 10:26 PM, Marcglider said:

If I were to guess, this is my observation... Jason got a good deal on a large order, he was selling them $103 below list... now with the tariff, the price of one will be probably around $1800, the Teslas will be $1600 when he gets the next shipment... He has plenty of 16S's in stock at $1299 with silvers coming in in Nov... his relationship with KS is much better than GW... at the price he would need to sell the  ACM at, it is close to the 18L which he has in stock as well and they are coming out with a bigger battery... SO, I may be wrong but this is my opinion on Why... maybe he will chime in but it who knows... I think it is a great wheel but also it will be close in price to a Z10 which is just one more reason, and I think he has 100 of those on order... :)

Gotway/Linnea confirmed last evening that the ACMv2 is end-of-lifed & will no longer be available. I'm going to try to find out the reason why, but I suspect that they're focusing on the newer models like the MSX & Tesla.

I'm really quite agnostic when it comes to brands, the latest generation Gotway boards with QY TO-247 MOSFETs have finally put to rest the issue of spontaneous board failures. If Customers prefer Gotways to King Song & they're selling better, it would be unsound business practice to only stock KS at the expense of the GWs. That said, if it lives up to the expectation, I do think the 18XL is going to make a dent in the MSuper/MSX/ACMv2 sales.  

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Gotway/Linnea confirmed last evening that the ACMv2 is end-of-lifed & will no longer be available. I'm going to try to find out the reason why, but I suspect that they're focusing on the newer models like the MSX & Tesla.

I'm really quite agnostic when it comes to brands, the latest generation Gotway boards with QY TO-247 MOSFETs have finally put to rest the issue of spontaneous board failures. If Customers prefer Gotways to King Song & they're selling better, it would be unsound business practice to only stock KS at the expense of the GWs. That said, if it lives up to the expectation, I do think the 18XL is going to make a dent in the MSuper/MSX/ACMv2 sales.  

Thanks for the confirmation Jason. Very sad regarding the ACM. So now there is no long-range 16-inch wheel available to the community :crying:

If something happens to my ACM2 I will greatly miss being able to go for 50-mile rides. No, the MSX is not the same as the svelte ACM2.

Thank God you have two, Marty. lol. And I was thinking your double wheels were overkill...

There's 3 explanations I have for this:

• The neutral one: they ran out of long-preproduced ACM parts (the shell is 2 years old now) and that's how their wheels are EOLed:mellow:
  • The good one: A new big battery 16 incher is planned! Super ACM 2500W motor TO-247 board 3 inch tire 1300/1600Wh battery:w00t2:
  • The bad one: they just stopped with no replacement plan:cry2:

Well @Marty Backe how is your wife getting on with the learning process? I have been waiting for training videos (mk 2, since your training are years ago) ?

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Thank God you have two, Marty. lol. And I was thinking your double wheels were overkill...

There's 3 explanations I have for this:

• The neutral one: they ran out of long-preproduced ACM parts (the shell is 2 years old now) and that's how their wheels are EOLed:mellow:
  • The good one: A new big battery 16 incher is planned! Super ACM 2500W motor TO-247 board 3 inch tire 1300/1600Wh battery:w00t2:
  • The bad one: they just stopped with no replacement plan:cry2:

Let's hope for your Option 2 :thumbup:

In the meanwhile, if I don't do any extreme hill challenges maybe my ACM2's will last a nice long while.

Just now, Unventor said:

Well @Marty Backe how is your wife getting on with the learning process? I have been waiting for training videos (mk 2, since your training are years ago) ?

Nothing has started yet. My wife would prefer to stay out of the limelight so most likely there will be no videos.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nothing has started yet. My wife would prefer to stay out of the limelight so most likely there will be no videos.

Come on @Marty Backe you got to persvade her once she is able to ride a bit control. I have a :clap3:ready for her.:thumbup: I am cheering all the way from Sweden.

11 minutes ago, electricpen said:

This thread is making me reconsider my ACM2 sale.

Don't do it. The ACM is a classic, and a workhorse :)  I'm keeping mine until they die - should be interesting to see the use I ultimately get from them.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My wife would prefer to stay out of the limelight so most likely there will be no videos.

Google satellite shot but I cropped her upper torso so she still remained incognito. What kind of cheapo wheel did you buy her? :facepalm:

30225425597_14b7ed8725_b.jpg

On 10/7/2018 at 6:19 PM, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for the confirmation Jason. Very sad regarding the ACM. So now there is no long-range 16-inch wheel available to the community :crying:

As sad as i also find this...this was actually the plan at the start. To replace the ACM with the Tesla. Seams GW also underestimated the need for bigger batterys....so that they keep up ACM production longer than exspected.

KS is planning their new 16inch...(very early design stage)....i am talking and talking like crazy that they please do a big battery version from the start on.

I hope the 18XL demand will be high enough to convince them. 

What do i hear? You convinced your wife to get into riding EUC? Thats phantastic! Congrats...i press thumbs she will learn and like it :-) 

Btw @Marty Backe no matter what happen when your wife starts to step on an EUC, it cannot ever be as bad as when I enter my doorway with my wheel. If ever seen a death-stare of evil eye, my 2 cats do this to perfection every time. At least they don't hiss at it anymore. Now they just block my pathway in the hall. 

Hope your wife uptake is better ??

1 hour ago, US69 said:

KS is planning their new 16inch...(very early design stage)....i am talking and talking like crazy that they please do a big battery version from the start on.

EXACTLY... big battery, don't throttle back so early, a little more pedal clearance, top speed of 26-28 mph and a 3" tire... I am no marketing genius but if they go down this path, I guarantee sales will be good, and I will buy 1 as well:D

1 hour ago, US69 said:

As sad as i also find this...this was actually the plan at the start. To replace the ACM with the Tesla. Seams GW also underestimated the need for bigger batterys....so that they keep up ACM production longer than exspected.

I hope the 18XL demand will be high enough to convince them. 

What do i hear? You convinced your wife to get into riding EUC? Thats phantastic! Congrats...i press thumbs she will learn and like it :-) 

It would be fantastic if KingSong introduced a true competitor to the ACM2. They didn't with the 16S so I have my doubts, but time will tell. Fall of 2019?

I did not convince my wife. I gave up trying 2-years ago. On her own she decided that she wants to try :)

50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

fantastic if KingSong introduced a true competitor to the ACM2. They didn't with the 16S so I have my doubts, but time will tell. Fall of 2019?

Actually not much is settled until now....so i guess it will be more spring 2021 then ;-)

But guess thats all not that interesting for you anyway....as whatever they do, it will not be right for you. Its funny...actually you are promoting a wheel -Z10- thats has all the characteristics you blame on the KS ....small battery..speed throttling that is even worse ;-) (thats all Fun, i hope you know)

Ok, Fun beside...the only things that are clear now ...16inch, 2,5inch wheel...about 2000Watt...50kmh...planned for early 2019....!AFAIK!

(communications and convincing is a lot harder than anyone can think off!)

Battery size as said i am trying to convince them from choosable 1000wh minimum to -at least- 1600wh.

Perhaps doing a poll in the near future to see what community wants!

Archived