Found a used KS 14D for 550 €. Is it a good deal?

Larrydev

Hi,

need some advice.

i found a guy that is moving to bigger wheels (he has other 2) and is selling his Ks14d.

He let me try the wheel today and it runs super smoothly and was a pleasure to ride.

it’s the 420Wh version and externally it’s in perfect conditions

the only downside I saw was the 1500 km that the wheel has reached and the 1 and a half year of usage.

is it a good deal?

how does it compare with a new ks14M + battery upgrade, that would cost me roughly the same money ?

12 hours ago, Larrydev said:

is it a good deal?

Seems impossible to judge without knowing how much you would have to pay for a new one (which varies quite a bit depending on where you are located).

I don`t know. It sounds like an ok deal. Not bad........ I would show him cash and suggest 450 or 500. The way I look at it, and this is just me, the wheel is good for 5,000 - 8,000 km or 5 years....... The day you put the first km on it, it is not new and loses 25% of it`s value.  Here is my crazy math.

900- 25% = 675     lose another 20% for usage 675 -180 = 495   So my crazy math gives you a good price of 495. 

You may want to find out how the battery was treated during the 1.5 years. If the battery is in good shape, it seems a reasonably good deal to me. You may ask the owner how you should treat the battery to learn more about how it may have been treated.

I think it's a fine deal. 1500km isn't much, all that means you might have to change the tire after another 1000km.

I'd prefer it to the 14M because it has speakers etc, all the small details missing from the 14M. Also, 14M + battery upgrade is probably going to cost more than a 14D (or at least the same) and you still end up with 340Wh when you could have 420, so why not get a 14D right now for not too much more than the price of a 14M?

Maybe you can get it down to 500, but I think it's a fair price at 550 too.

27 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think it's a fine deal. 1500km isn't much, all that means you might have to change the tire after another 1000km.

I'd prefer it to the 14M because it has speakers etc, all the small details missing from the 14M. Also, 14M + battery upgrade is probably going to cost more than a 14D (or at least the same) and you still end up with 340Wh when you could have 420, so why not get a 14D right now for not too much more than the price of a 14M?

Maybe you can get it down to 500, but I think it's a fair price at 550 too.

I forgot to mention that it has already a different tire because the owner decided to change the stock one with a Kevlar reinforced one but they told me I could have the stock one if I prefer that one in case I buy.

now that I think about it I should probably ask after how much time and KM the original tire was replaced

Archived