Acceleration

Vadim Andreyev

Hey there,

I have just got a new unicycle the cheap one TG-T3, everything is great but last night I forgot the charger connected to the unicycle and it was charging for about 24 hours.

And I have noticed that now the acceleration became slower than before.. do you thing the battery was damaged?

The charger usully goes off after about 40 minutes of charging and the led goes green from red.. so it was green for like 24 hours... anyway do you thing the battery is damaged now?

Thanks for help.

I can not answer your question but:

The charger does not turn of, even when the fan is turning of it does'nt it!

The charger also do not turn off, if the LED is green!

The charger turns down the current to arround 30w or so (from 120w or so), but does not stop charging.

If the BMS (battery managment system) not working the right way, one or more cells maybe gone......

I've got the same unit and I don't think your batteries should of suffered any damage. I've monitored the power consumption of the charger while charging and after about an hour, it switches to constand voltage charging mode and the power drops to about 3-4W. This means that very little current is going into the cells and once the battery pack has reached the voltage of the charger (about 66-67V on my charger), it will stop charging completely.

Give it another try and another charge/discharge cycle and I think it should be ok (unless there is something wrong with your charger or BMS).

This model is not a powerful EU anyway so maybe you are just experiancing a little bit of a placebo effect because you were worried you overcharged the battery...

Oh an I've noticed that once the LED goes green, that doesn't mean the pack is charged to full capacity. I usually leave it on for another hour or so after it turns green to let it trickle charge the remaining few %.

Yeah I tried it out today seems like there is no problem in general but I still feel like the acceleration is not as fast as before...

and onother thing I have noticed, usually when I rise the EU in the air the wheel will go faster immedietly and then the unit goes off... but now it takes much more time for it to accelerate and go off.

but I will try another charge/discharge as you said, thank you!

Archived