Cheap GPS for electric unicycle

Tutup

Hi everyone, I live in Honduras and i have a Kingsong 18s I really love my wheel and my country is not safe at all so dicided to install a GPS tracker for my wheel, but the companies who install this kind of devices dot not have a way to easily install it on the Ks18s and they charge a monthly fee for ever that makes the tracking very expensive , I read a lot about it and came with an easy and cheap solution, just opened my Ks18s, bought a cheap cellphone with android system and install on the cell phone 3 apps 1) my battery is dead (it notifies another phone via SMS when the first phone battery's is low) 2) Air Droid (you can control your phone from another phone or computer, you only need to have MB or data in your SIM card) 3) whatsapp (it's used for texting but you can send your current location and live location to any number),

I installed the cell phone in the interior of the ks18s and put the charging cable inside of the padding of the wheel, so the only thing you have to do is keep charged the phone that's why you use the app "my battery is dead" I putted the settings to notify me when the battery is at 50% because you need that 50% to track the wheel if it gets stolen or lost, put the cell phone on silent mode, put a pin  to lock the screen and activate the location.

If ever gets stolen or lost just buy some megabytes for the SIM card Tha is inside of your wheel and grab your computer and enter to the air Droid desktop app or with another phone that has installed the app air Droid, control the phone that is inside of your wheel and enter to whatsapp and send the current and live location to another phone and hopefully the police will help you to find your loved wheel. 

Note: I changed the screws of the cover of my Ks18s with diferent and varius kinds of screws just to make it harder to access the phone in case that someone wants to remove the phone from the inside. 

I hope it will be helpful for you 

Interesting.

I don't quite understand this statement: "just buy some megabytes for the SIM card Tha is inside of your wheel "

Are you saying that you don't have a full time contact on that phone, and you plan to only activate or buy some data/airtime for that SIM if you need it?

I don't think that would work in NA, after a certain time off contract, it seems they blacklist the SIM and it cannot be activated again, a new SIM is required.  some sort of bogus crap they due in the name of security.  Same if you buy the sim, but don't use it for a long time, it will have expired and cannot be activated.

11 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Interesting.

I don't quite understand this statement: "just buy some megabytes for the SIM card Tha is inside of your wheel "

Are you saying that you don't have a full time contact on that phone, and you plan to only activate or buy some data/airtime for that SIM if you need it?

I don't think that would work in NA, after a certain time off contract, it seems they blacklist the SIM and it cannot be activated again, a new SIM is required.  some sort of bogus crap they due in the name of security.  Same if you buy the sim, but don't use it for a long time, it will have expired and cannot be activated.

Yeah, in my country the SIM card of the phone is always active you can call to that phone whenever you want and you don't need to buy airtime for it unless you need it, so I will buy airtime for it just if my wheel get lost oe stolen

In that image you can see that I passed a USB cable trough the padding of the wheel and it's hidden inside of the padding, to charge the phone I just connect another USB extension (male to female) to the wall or to the same USB port of the wheel 

20180915_223359.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived