Jump to content
Jack Frost

MSX customizations-sharewhat you’ve done

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, szaroczek said:

That's strange... I rather believed all the Chinese "people" selling MSXs get these from the "Kebye" factory with battery packs already assembled and installed in the cars by their maker...:unsure:

That's the way i'd assume it should happen, too. But if there is money to be made by selling such "high quality" battery and replacing them by cheaper packs it could easily happen...

... or there are different versions for different markets or kebye just changes cells depending on availability and market price?

Who knows - vast possibilities for speculations...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again. 10 minutes ago I got my MSX! Does it look like green Panasonic NCR18650B cells which the distributor declared were inside...? :lol: So, eventually you were right they must be red Sanyo NCR18650GA. Didn't open the packet more 'cause it is not likely other red cell model could be there, right? BTW, few days ago received my MSX's bms. Now buying the cells and soon will be ready to roll! :efee8319ab:

 

ogniwa w moim MSX.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:popcorn:Anything is possible, but the history of these packs says it is highly unlikely.

 :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, thank you all for your assistance! The additional 3p20s Sanyo NCR18650GA battery package is already done, installed and works just fine!!! :clap3:

P.S.

I wanted to upload a picture 1,82 Mb big but always kept receiving "You are only allowed to upload 3.13mb.". Can anybody explain this...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 10:09 AM, FreeRide said:

:popcorn:Anything is possible, but the history of these packs says it is highly unlikely.

 :thumbup:

By the way, I was so anxious and desperate to learn ASAP what kind of cells are there in the battery packages in my MSX that on cut opening the blue coating I didn't notice there was a label on it saying there were NCR18650GA inside...! :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, szaroczek said:

By the way, I was so anxious and desperate to learn ASAP what kind of cells are there in the battery packages in my MSX that on cut opening the blue coating I didn't notice there was a label on it saying there were NCR18650GA inside...! :facepalm:

I think you had a serious case of battery anxiety, but I'm very glad it all worked out well in the end.  That's a very good general purpose cell, probably the best one used in any commercial EUC.  I think you need to get a good flashlight that uses a single NCR18650GA that way you can admire it in it's pure form and remember your EUC purchase adventure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 1:34 AM, FreeRide said:

I think you had a serious case of battery anxiety,

And I thing I had few quite good reasons to by seriously anxious about batteries when planning to add the additional battery package to my MSX, hadn't I...? B)

But now, thanks to information got from this forum and this topic in particular I upgraded my MSX by putting iron studs on its tire and 3D-printing out the fender. 

IMG_20190122_200430.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the other picture wasn't taken by the platform and hopefully will by uploaded later on. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, szaroczek said:

Of course the other picture wasn't taken by the platform and hopefully will by uploaded later on. :facepalm:

The file space is very limited on this forum. It's recommended to use some other provider like imgur.com and link the pictures here. If one chooses direct link from imgur, the picture gets nicely embedded here.

Edited by Chriull
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chriull, thank you, will have to try it. I wonder you might possibly know one more thing I can't fix which is, how to make me be emailed once there is a new post in topic I participate in? I tried to look for a relevant setup yet failed. And there is the picture of the fender.

IMG_20190123_104444.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, szaroczek said:

Chriull, thank you, will have to try it. I wonder you might possibly know one more thing I can't fix which is, how to make me be emailed once there is a new post in topic I participate in? I tried to look for a relevant setup yet failed. 

Under Account Settings there are Notification settings where one can choose:

  • Automatically follow content
    • Automatically follow new content I post
    • Automatically follow content I reply to
  • Method to use for content I follow automatically
    • A notification when new content is posted
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
    • Do not send me notifications

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 2:49 PM, szaroczek said:

Guys, thank you all for your assistance! The additional 3p20s Sanyo NCR18650GA battery package is already done, installed and works just fine!!! :clap3:

Wow, your pack looks great! Have you made battery packs before? I ordered a bunch of batteries, and a BMS, but don't know what else I need or what to do next :-p I assume I need to buy a spot welder? If you have any resources from where you learned from I would love to check them out.

I'm going to try to learn and make a little video tutorial because a lot of people are interested in doing something like this it seems.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 11:36 AM, Alien Rides said:

Wow, your pack looks great! Have you made battery packs before? I ordered a bunch of batteries, and a BMS, but don't know what else I need or what to do next :-p I assume I need to buy a spot welder? If you have any resources from where you learned from I would love to check them out.

I'm going to try to learn and make a little video tutorial because a lot of people are interested in doing something like this it seems.

 

Please do! Would love a video tutorial for how to do the upgrade from start to finish with exactly what to buy and do made for people who have never done something like this! 😍

Edited by MrRobot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, MrRobot said:

Please do! Would love a video tutorial for how to do the upgrade from start to finish with exactly what to buy and do made for people who have never done something like this! 😍 

Yup, I plan on making a "how to do this from scratch" video. It might be long, but hopefully it's detailed enough so that people can do the entire modification. ETA is 3-4 weeks most likely, still waiting on a few last components.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to make my msx a dedicated off road wheel, so I asked Jason for a more aggressive tire. This is what he sent me. It looks badass imo!  Looking forward to trying it out if spring ever decides to show up. 

06CAC909-DAFF-4D67-900E-43330A7C7DF4.jpeg

81D28A17-1D2E-4180-9A00-DAB8794C898C.jpeg

Edited by Jpd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god... You’ll be climbing trees with that monster! I hope it’s manageable on pavement though, might be quite a shake.

What’s the size designation on the tire? Many of us are looking for off-road tires for MSX.

Remember that those motorcycle tires have a load rating of 2-3x to what we are used to, so the tire pressure might have to go way down. Even to 50% of what you are used to. Otherwise it will just be a very uncomfortable ride.

Edited by mrelwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 12:09 AM, Jpd said:

I wanted to make my msx a dedicated off road wheel, so I asked Jason for a more aggressive tire. This is what he sent me. It looks badass imo!  Looking forward to trying it out if spring ever decides to show up. 

06CAC909-DAFF-4D67-900E-43330A7C7DF4.jpeg

81D28A17-1D2E-4180-9A00-DAB8794C898C.jpeg

Can't wait to see a video of it in use,,,,,,,,,, please 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mrelwood said:

What’s the size designation on the tire? Many of us are looking for off-road tires for MSX.

Would also love to see some more details of this tire as it looks to be a ripper 🤓

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally shipped a month after purchase (no longer available), this is what I have on the way:

6269D8AA-A09C-4A33-AF7E-BA7DE8852C03.thumb.jpeg.da211ffce08cffe790f3197851fcac50.jpeg

2.50-14 motorcycle tire should fit the MSX fine, and the pattern seems like an ok compromise between street and off-road. I will of course write a review once I get it rolling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Finally shipped a month after purchase (no longer available), this is what I have on the way:

6269D8AA-A09C-4A33-AF7E-BA7DE8852C03.thumb.jpeg.da211ffce08cffe790f3197851fcac50.jpeg

2.50-14 motorcycle tire should fit the MSX fine, and the pattern seems like an ok compromise between street and off-road. I will of course write a review once I get it rolling.

That is the same size as the tire I got. Looks like a nice tire! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Would also love to see some more details of this tire as it looks to be a ripper 🤓

 

The size is 2.50 x14  with the knobs it’s almost exactly the same size as the original msx tire.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×