Gotway Msuper X vs. Z10 Repair tire puncture

marc

I am thinking of buying a Msuper X or a Z10. I have Msuper v2 now. I am mad of repairing flat tires. They say that tubeless Z10 is easy to repair, no need to dismantle the wheel like Gotway. But Z10 tire thickness (not width) is thinner than Msuper X so Z10 will get quickly flat. I live in Brussels, too much pieces of glass on the floor, which are not cleaned. I have placed anti puncture tires, inner tube protections, but when the tire get used, it can be punctured again. 

What do you advice me for repair aspects?

3 hours ago, marc said:

I am thinking of buying a Msuper X or a Z10. I have Msuper v2 now. I am mad of repairing flat tires. They say that tubeless Z10 is easy to repair, no need to dismantle the wheel like Gotway. But Z10 tire thickness (not width) is thinner than Msuper X so Z10 will get quickly flat. I live in Brussels, too much pieces of glass on the floor, which are not cleaned. I have placed anti puncture tires, inner tube protections, but when the tire get used, it can be punctured again. 

What do you advice me for repair aspects?

I personally don't think repairing a flat on an EUC will be convenient no matter what. Atleast with a tube tire like the MSX, you can often just change the tube which is cheaper than buying a whole new tire. 

Slime has fixed all of my Gotway flats and I know it's fixed at least two Z10 flats. Changing the tire is not that painful on a Gotway wheel.

I really wouldn't let the tire fixing difficulty drive your choice of wheel.

If you really want a tire that'll never get a flat, buy the Gotway Monster. The tire is like no other (including the Z10) wheel. I've yet to hear of a Monster getting a flat. It's the most robust tire of all my wheels. I feel immune when riding it.

17 hours ago, The Wheel Plug said:

I personally don't think repairing a flat on an EUC will be convenient no matter what. Atleast with a tube tire like the MSX, you can often just change the tube which is cheaper than buying a whole new tire. 

Sometimes it is the tube, sometimes the tire which has no teeth any more which causes puncture with small piece of glass.  Maybe it is normal that I repaired +-10-15 times the puncture (sometimes tube, sometimes tire) in +- 11 000km on EUC. Maybe it is me who asks too much from a EUC. Is this also the Mean Time Between Failure for you? every 1000 km one puncture to repair.  I had never heard of slime for tire. Thanks for your advice, @Marty Backe. If I want to use that, I should buy a Ninebot Z10 then. On Gotway Msuper X it will not work since it has inner tubes?

6 hours ago, marc said:

Sometimes it is the tube, sometimes the tire which has no teeth any more which causes puncture with small piece of glass.  Maybe it is normal that I repaired +-10-15 times the puncture (sometimes tube, sometimes tire) in +- 11 000km on EUC. Maybe it is me who asks too much from a EUC. Is this also the Mean Time Between Failure for you? every 1000 km one puncture to repair.  I had never heard of slime for tire. Thanks for your advice, @Marty Backe. If I want to use that, I should buy a Ninebot Z10 then. On Gotway Msuper X it will not work since it has inner tubes?

There is a version of Slime for tubeless tires and a version for tubes. I use both. I've ridden over 10000km and have never had a flat that required me to change the tube. If you look at my YouTube channel (see link in my Signature below) in the Maintenance Playlist you'll find a few videos on Slime.

• 2 weeks later...

no. The tire on the ninebot is thicker. As in thickness of the rubber. and the quick fixes for tubeless tires wont work forever. Or make it easier. And yes. It can definetly get a flat

Archived