Ninebot Z10 maxspeed and alarm sound

cg

I am wondering what max speed you have measured on the Z10,

My max speed before the alarm start to ring is measured to 41kph (measured on gps)

for my first long time i tought it was because the battery level was decreased a bit, but today I had the alarm almost at the start of the ride.

I have ridden a now a bit more than 1000km, but I still get nervous when I hear that alarm?
I can ride same speed on dirt and asphalt, so I think there is plenty of power, but the alarm still scares the S3t out of me when going fast

Any experience if there is a second alarm, did anyone get it to advertised 45kph on the GPS?

You should be scared at that speed, but hopefully you are well suited up since you have enough mileage to know these things.  That's the same top speed of my e-bike.  A pretty good speed for staight commuting sections of road.  I can't remember anymore since i had to give up hopes for a Z10 for the summer, but the top speed i thought was a bit higher. 

Pretty sure @Marty Backe has had it at or near its 28mph limit.  I've only had it up to 22mph with plenty of battery, so I haven't hit the alarm yet.  I know that when the wheel was still in "training" mode (i.e. had to go 1km to unlock top speed), the alarm and tilt back were pretty aggressive when I hit the very low speed limit.

I got up to 28.4mph yesterday. It was scary, especially I only learned to ride within a month. That's the first time I wore the pebble watch. I wonder if it's because since I could see the instant speed, it made me try going faster and faster to see if I could hit the max. 

Screenshot_20180916-163242_WheelLog.jpg

1 hour ago, JBoo said:

Pretty sure @Marty Backe has had it at or near its 28mph limit.  I've only had it up to 22mph with plenty of battery, so I haven't hit the alarm yet.  I know that when the wheel was still in "training" mode (i.e. had to go 1km to unlock top speed), the alarm and tilt back were pretty aggressive when I hit the very low speed limit.

I have ridden at max speed. You can only reach ~28mph with a fully charged battery. Here are a couple videos demonstrating Z10 speed, but the battery was at ~80% so I could only get it to~27mph. I felt very safe riding the mellow tilt-back.

43 minutes ago, cloudy_jai said:

Watching these videos made me realize how fast I was going that day and how dangerous that was, probably should have never done that until I am more experienced.

When I look at these videos I think, "Damn, I'm sure glad nothing when wrong because that would be painful".  I was fully geared-up though, if that counts for anything :)

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have ridden at max speed. You can only reach ~28mph with a fully charged battery. Here are a couple videos demonstrating Z10 speed, but the battery was at ~80% so I could only get it to~27mph. I felt very safe riding the mellow tilt-back.

Am I correct that both these was the pre-production unit wich had no bell? because if there was no bell, I would go faster, and I didn't notice any tilt back besides the 'normal tilt changes that the Z10 seems to do all the time depending on its mood, I actually think it does a tiny bit tilt back from ~20 to 35kph (didn't measure, just a feeling), and if you then accelerate aggresively from here it likes it helps a bit and tilts forward to help accelerate, like its saying, sure, I'm with you :D

3 hours ago, awol166 said:

Whats the app you are using?

Geotracker, not a wheel app, but a gps tracking app, my phone cannot keep connected to the Z10, seems it requires agressive pooling rate from bluetooth, and my phone is really slow

3 hours ago, cloudy_jai said:

Watching these videos made me realize how fast I was going that day and how dangerous that was, probably should have never done that until I am more experienced.

yeah, it does feel fast :), I am pretty good geared up, but sometimes I remember that these units can faild and crash at the high speed, and I slow a bit... for a few minuttes

4 hours ago, cloudy_jai said:

I got up to 28.4mph yesterday. It was scary, especially I only learned to ride within a month. That's the first time I wore the pebble watch. I wonder if it's because since I could see the instant speed, it made me try going faster and faster to see if I could hit the max. 

Not saying you should f do it, especially if you do't feel comfortable! But it would be interesting to have this measurement togheter with a gps measurement, always be ready for a crash I have minor wound on thumb, handpalm, knee, elbows, and both ankles, even tough I wear full protection! luckily nothing from high speed

1 hour ago, cg said:

Am I correct that both these was the pre-production unit wich had no bell? because if there was no bell, I would go faster, and I didn't notice any tilt back besides the 'normal tilt changes that the Z10 seems to do all the time depending on its mood, I actually think it does a tiny bit tilt back from ~20 to 35kph (didn't measure, just a feeling), and if you then accelerate aggresively from here it likes it helps a bit and tilts forward to help accelerate, like its saying, sure, I'm with you :D

Geotracker, not a wheel app, but a gps tracking app, my phone cannot keep connected to the Z10, seems it requires agressive pooling rate from bluetooth, and my phone is really slow

yeah, it does feel fast :), I am pretty good geared up, but sometimes I remember that these units can faild and crash at the high speed, and I slow a bit... for a few minuttes

Not saying you should f do it, especially if you do't feel comfortable! But it would be interesting to have this measurement togheter with a gps measurement, always be ready for a crash I have minor wound on thumb, handpalm, knee, elbows, and both ankles, even tough I wear full protection! luckily nothing from high speed

Yes, these videos were shot with the pre-production unit which had a broken sound system. I really couldn't go faster because of the distinct tilt-back that kicks in. I suppose I could push harder, but then I'm really risking a faceplant :cry2:

Geotracker is such a fantastic app that I use to record all of my rides. Extremely reliable and useful.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Geotracker is such a fantastic app that I use to record all of my rides. Extremely reliable and useful.

do vyou know if the max speed is identical to wheel connecting apps such as ninebot app?, I am thinking the 'low' speed in geotracker might be because of averaging

1 hour ago, cg said:

do vyou know if the max speed is identical to wheel connecting apps such as ninebot app?, I am thinking the 'low' speed in geotracker might be because of averaging

Certainly Geotracker is an averaging app. I wouldn't use it for real-time speed reporting. Like you say, if max-speed is only reached for a few seconds here or there, it'll be averaged out and won't be seen.

WheelLog will log your speeds, but the speeds are what's reported from the wheel app which are not always accurate. If accurate speeds are desired, best to use a GPS based phone app, assuming that your phone has a good GPS chipset (most newer phones are very good).

On 9/18/2018 at 2:33 AM, cloudy_jai said:

I

Hello cloudy_jai, is Wheellog working with Ninebot Z now? Could you post the link for the app once?

On 9/18/2018 at 2:33 AM, cloudy_jai said:

Screenshot_20180916-163242_WheelLog.jpg

Hello @cloudy_jai, is Wheellog working with Ninebot Z now? Could you post the link for the app once?

Posted August 20

On 8/8/2018 at 1:36 PM, Lukasz said:

I hope that the next wheel You will add communication with will be Ninebot Z10...  

Dreams come true, especially when you yourself are involved in their implementation 

Version 2.0.15:
- Ninebot Z series support, without wheel settings control yet, only reading metrics.

Each user of Ninebot Z & WheelLog must say thanks to @Lukasz, thanks to the cooperation with him it became possible. He collected all the necessary data (which was also used to add Ninebot Z support to DarknessBot), and tested more than 20 alpha builds of the WheelLog 

WheelLog_20082018_2.0.15.apk

•  

Archived