How to disable speed alams

I have recently received a MSuper X and after a time of riding around with the speed warning sounding I have decided I'd like to disable the alarms, or at lease set them to a speed where they are not constantly sounding. I have installed what I believe is the official app and it connects to the wheel successfully but I don't seem to be able to modify the alarms. While there are options called "Disable First Alarm" and "Disable Second Alarm" and when tapped these options display the message "send a success" and the wheel "beeps" in confirmation however the alarms still sound. How is one meant to disable or modify the alarm settings?

Thanks,
Edmund.

I have recently purchased a 100v Monster from ewheels. I am having the same problem with the app. Turn them off and still get the beeps. Been trying to figure it out for 2 days now. Jason at  Ewheels recommended downloading wheel log app on a android device and disable it that way. I’m gonna give that a try tomorrow. Hopefully that will work.

This is what I've experienced with the Gotway app (not sure if there's more versions or not) thus far while setting up my new ACMv2..........

The Gotway app is really very basic and yet can be confusing.  I initially expected to select an option and be confirmed, in some way of the choice I made, or at least see my selections toggled.  Not true!  What we get is typically a beep or series of beeps and a "send a success" message.  So here's what worked for me......................

Once you get your wheel connected:

Ride mode:  to set your ride feel to soft (leisure), medium, or hard(sports) simply select which one ya want.  Of course, you'll hear a beep(s) and get your send a                                 success message.

Alarms:  To disable 1st alarm (seemingly set to ~30km/h or ~18.5 mph), tap it. (yes you'll only get that beep and message again)

To disable the 2nd alarm (seemingly set to ~35km/h or ~22 mph), do the same.

NOTE: "Open alarms" simply turns the alarms back on.  So if you're disabling both alarms, don't press the "Open Alarms".  If you've already pushed this                                       option, simply re-select the 1st / 2nd alarm disable option(s) to disable again.

Tilt Setting:  simply tap the speed at which you'd like the unit to tilt back, notifying (warning) you to slow down.  I set mine at 45 km/h to allow wiggle room at the                             top end.  Safety!!!

Calibration:  Allows you to set the forward/backward tilt of the pedals.  I like mine angled up slightly in front so I don't feel like the wheel is tossing me forward.                                 There are a couple  videos on YouTube that explain this well.  Just search "how to calibrate a gotway wheel".

Otherwise, the app is pretty much useless and not necessary unless ya wanna change your settings again.  As Jason from EWHEELS has suggested, the WheelLog app in the play store does a good job of letting ya watch/track speed, charge, wheel temperature, etc...  You can also set alarms, if ya wish, at a certain speed, a specific battery level, particular wheel temp, etc.......

Anyway, hope this helps a little.  I had to set things, test, then reset/test several times to get my desired results so maybe this will save somebody a little time/anguish.

Archived