My brand new Ninbebot Z10 is making a funny sound, why???

SanDiegoGuy

Hello folks.  I finally received my Z10.

However, when I unpack it and turn it on for the first time, I hear a funny sound coming from the Z10 non-stop.  

Here is a video of my brand new Z10.

https://youtu.be/jAszpFE_upc

Please turn on the volume to hear the sound, thanks.

So I have to connect it to the Ninebot app to make the annoying sound to stop? 

I tried to install the ninebot app from the Android playstore but it still does stop the sound.  

Any sugggestions?

Do you guys HAVE TO connect to the app to use the Z10 ?

30 minutes ago, Klin said:

@Klin,

I got mine from Aliexpress.  I preordered from Jason at ewheels about 1 month ago  but he said that I would be in the 3rd batch and the price will increase due to Trump tariff so I cancelled Jason's preorder and went with Aliexpress.

Just now, SanDiegoGuy said:

Thanks for your response. I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

- How much was the total cost?

- Can you send me the link you ordered it from? 

- How long did the shipping take?

- Are you sure the one you received is the "production" model? I'm worried that if I ordered from Aliexpress or China, I would receive a "pre-production" Z10 which I've heard has 30% less torque than the actual production model.

Klin,

I ordered mine on August 20 and received it on September 9. 

I paid $1,945 which I now think is too much.

I tried to cancel it 3 days after I ordered but I was unable to cancel since it started shipping already.

I have no idea if it is a pre-production unit or not but the seller told me that it is the latest version.  Who knows how truthful he is.

I ordered from Green Fashion on Aliexpress.

13 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Klin,

Could you find it significantly cheaper somewhere. I have looked, but they all seem the same in Ali.

1 hour ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Klin,

I tried to cancel it 3 days after I ordered but I was unable to cancel since it started shipping already.

I have no idea if it is a pre-production unit or not but the seller told me that it is the latest version.  Who knows how truthful he is.

I ordered from Green Fashion on Aliexpress.

Why do you say it's too much?

Do you feel like the wheel isn't worth the money? I know you can get an MSuper X for the same price but I feel the build + ride quality of the Z10 makes up for the speed/range difference?

24 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I want to know this too so I can verify whether mine is post or pre production unit.

There are really NO pre-production units on the market!  AFAIK all 100 pcs of the preproduciton units had their Control Boards upgraded, and the first batch was only available for the small group of people in China - all upgraded for free to the production units   Check the box - it includes all stuff - protectors, pedal grips, even your switch has the sticker.  Wheel has the sticker with number on the foot plate - this is regular production unit.

I have bought form Green and Fashion much earlier - he only had production units afaik

35 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I want to know this too so I can verify whether mine is post or pre production unit.

28 minutes ago, Klin said:

@Marty Backe might be able to shed some light...

As far as I know, the pre-production units had a earlier version of the firmware that could not be upgraded to what's running on the production wheels. If your firmware is >1.0, you're good.

Also, the pre-production wheels will not received new firmware update. If I remember correctly, I've received 4 firmware updates so far.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As far as I know, the pre-production units had a earlier version of the firmware that could not be upgraded to what's running on the production wheels.

True.  Different PCB, less torque etc - You had the chance to use it...

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If your firmware is >1.0, you're good.

Not true.  Production units had the firmware 1.0.0 , slightly newer units  had 1.0.2  now all upgraded by application to firmware to 1.0.5  and there were 2 updates for BMSes  also

4 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

True.  Different PCB, less torque etc - You had the chance to use it...

Not true.  Production units had the firmware 1.0.0 , slightly newer units  had 1.0.2  now all upgraded by application to firmware to 1.0.5  and there were 2 updates for BMSes  also

Oh, yeah. I should have written:  If your firmware is => 1.0, you're good.

2 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I just thought that the people who bought the z10 from Jason at ewheels bought theirs at a much cheaper price according to the ewheels website.

eWheels was $1799 +$190 Air freight.  Sounds like yours was sent by air, so you actually paid less. If it was not by air, you paid at most $145 premium, but you have it now, so I think you got a fair deal, as far as the current market is concerned.

Once you do some riding on it let us know how you like it.

35 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

eWheels was $1799 +$190 Air freight.  Sounds like yours was sent by air, so you actually paid less. If it was not by air, you paid at most $145 premium, but you have it now, so I think you got a fair deal, as far as the current market is concerned.

Once you do some riding on it let us know how you like it.

All the Z10's sold by Jason in his first shipment were sent by Airfreight and reflected the additional shipping cost total was $1989... he changed the price on his website now to reflect the tariff which makes the new Z10's coming in $1999, this is pretty much equal to those who paid for Airfreight. According to Jason, his pricing is going to be about 10% more on the retail prices roughly on anything that comes in that will require the tariff be paid. The breakdown of the new prices is that the 25% tariff is paid on his cost when he receives the shipments, he is calculating a 10% increase on the retail price which does not cover fully his total cost increase, and he is eating some of it out of his profit. This was what was explained to me in a conversation a few weeks ago and has not changed as far as I know...

Anything he currently has in inventory will be at the old pricing till the new shipments come and he has to pay the tariff's... His master list on the home page still shows an update date of August 26th... I contacted him the other day and I was told he has between 1 and 3 each of MSX's, Teslas, and ACMv2's left, he said he has good stock on MCM5's. I know someone interested in at least 1 of them and may have ordered today...

Archived