FLAT TIRE + trolley broke. I need a Spare parts for my ninebot z10

Treponema

I've barely been riding my Ninebot Z10 - only just got it. Today I dropped it while trolleying and the trolley broke. 

BUT... what's worse is that right afterward I discovered a screw stuck in my tire!!! I fiddled with it and now I have a flat.

A fucking screw in the tire like 10 days after getting it...I can't believe how unlucky I am.

I can't find spare parts for the Z10 anywhere online.:crying: 

Any help with finding spare parts and fixing flat is greatly appreciated.

Thanks @JBoo 

So you fill the tire with some of that stuff and it's good to go? I'll grab some slime on Amazon right away.

Would be a relief not having to change the tire.

Its funny how @Marty Backe  In that thread wrote:

On 8/25/2018 at 3:40 AM, Marty Backe said:

Yet these kind of punctures are unlikely to ever happen on our wheels. Has anyone ever reported this kind of a puncture on a wheel? 

Well Marty..I would like to report that exact kind of puncture.

Anyone know where to get a spare trolley to Europe?

I posted detailed instructions in that thread on how to do it, really straight forward procedure.  I’ve put over a 100 miles on the wheel since then with no issues.

As for the trolley handle, best bet is to ask on these forums.  Several Z10 owners have declared they will never install the trolley handle, so maybe you’ll find one willing to part with it!

2 hours ago, Treponema said:

Thanks @JBoo 

So you fill the tire with some of that stuff and it's good to go? I'll grab some slime on Amazon right away.

Would be a relief not having to change the tire.

Its funny how @Marty Backe  In that thread wrote:

Well Marty..I would like to report that exact kind of puncture.

Anyone know where to get a spare trolley to Europe?

Yeah, I know. Very premature of me to speak of the robustness of the tire, yet it seems tougher than most other wheels. I have 8-ounces of Slime in my tire as a preventative measure. I posted a video of me putting Slime in the Z10 if you're interested.

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

The z10 is tubeless, yes?

I've used this particular kit on other people's motorcycle. It's stupid easy, stupid simple, and stupid cheap.

Slime 1034-A T-Handle Tire Plug Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ET525K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xtBNBb2A6Q15S

I've read that the Z10 tire is not thick enough (like a motorcycle tire) for these kind of patch kits to work. Whether that's true or not I have no idea. But I do know that Slime has fixed a Z10 tire.

if the slime oozes out and holds u should be good to go but if another flat is gonna be a big inconvenience, if it were my $2k wheel, i’d take the wheel out and take it to a tire shop and have them put a patch on the inside, that’s the best u can do. plugs might be ok too but u gotta look at the thickness and they aren’t the greatest.

God i hate tires. i probably have at least a dozen flats right now waiting for me to fix. 

another positive for the z10 although the monster tire looks good.

what’s the load capacity on the monster tire sidewall somebody when u get a chance?

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've read that the Z10 tire is not thick enough (like a motorcycle tire) for these kind of patch kits to work. Whether that's true or not I have no idea. But I do know that Slime has fixed a Z10 tire.

My personal experience with Slime is that, eventually, the Slime gets into the tire valve core by the mechanism of removing the air chuck (?); the momentary air hiss you get is when the Slime then blocks the air valve.

I then end up with a stuck open air valve; worse yet that eventually rusts out the valve core.

Mind you, to replace the valve core and refill with Slime (squeezing out the old slime) takes just seconds, and I do it regularly every couple of months. I do wonder if high humidity areas have this problem more.

While I've had more than a few punctures that the Slime has gotten me home, there is always a leak. Now the leak is slow but it is there, and so eventually I always end up taking the innertube off and putting a permanent patch (not applicable to tubeless) which completely stops the leak.

I would think the z10 has a tremendous advantage over all other EUCs simply by being tubeless, as tubeless is stupid easy to fix whereas innertubes is a pain. The z10 is a game changer.

My personal experience with Slime is that, eventually, the Slime gets into the tire valve core by the mechanism of removing the air chuck (?); the momentary air hiss you get is when the Slime then blocks the air valve.

I then end up with a stuck open air valve; worse yet that eventually rusts out the valve core.

Mind you, to replace the valve core and refill with Slime (squeezing out the old slime) takes just seconds, and I do it regularly every couple of months. I do wonder if high humidity areas have this problem more.

While I've had more than a few punctures that the Slime has gotten me home, there is always a leak. Now the leak is slow but it is there, and so eventually I always end up taking the innertube off and putting a permanent patch (not applicable to tubeless) which completely stops the leak.

I would think the z10 has a tremendous advantage over all other EUCs simply by being tubeless, as tubeless is stupid easy to fix whereas innertubes is a pain. The z10 is a game changer.

Over the last two years I've had zero issues with Slime affecting my valves. Anecdotal for sure, but there it is.

on the ranch, i’ve used gallons of slime.

idk about eucs but tires u would normally find around the ranch, it’s just a band aid, i still got flats. i didn’t put it in prophylactically the way marty does i did it after the air leaked out and it would hold for a while. never had a schrader valve problem. 

when u take the tire to the tire people to dismount it and put a proper patch on the inside they aren’t thrilled about getting the goop out.

plugs are good but i wonder if on smooth pavement would u feel the trimmed plug for a while on smooth pavement.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:38 AM, Marty Backe said:

The plugging repair also works with tubeless bicycle tires

10 minutes ago, Treponema said:

So I've filled the tire with 8 oz tubeless slime and been riding around today. But the tire is still leaking slowly with air bubbles appearing at the hole. Do I ad more slime or patch it?

a tire store most likely would clean the slime out and rough up/buff around the hole and put a patch on the inside. 

the hole has to be in a place where there’s not too much flexing ie near the sidewall.

if it were mine, seeing how the tire store might charge $20 just to patch and the labor to remove the wheel from the euc, if a replacement tire is only $40 like i’ve seen somwhlere, i’d just put a new tire on.

u can then put slime in the tire and if u pick up another screw, just cut off the head and leave it in.

or u can also just plug it and with the slime in there, it’s not gonna leak. just trim the plug close to the tire. i’d just get the light duty plugs for passenger cars. it’s real easy.

I just came across a seller on Aliexpress that sells most of the parts for a Z10. I don't see the listing online but I found it on their app.

The seller is green and fashion travaling shop. It doesn't seem like anyone has bought any Z10 part from this seller yet, but this seller does have a 97% positive feedback.

1 hour ago, Treponema said:

So I've filled the tire with 8 oz tubeless slime and been riding around today. But the tire is still leaking slowly with air bubbles appearing at the hole. Do I ad more slime or patch it?

I wouldn't add more slime without removing what's already in there.  Slime can only seal punctures that are less than 1/4" and generally only punctures that happen around the bottom of the tire.  If it's near or on the side walls it won't work.  I'd say at this point you'll need to explore getting a full puncture repair kit for a tubeless tire.  These have a tool for coring out the puncture, another for inserting the patch, patch strips, and a tube of rubber cement.  Videos of how to do this are plentiful for motorcycles and such.  I didn't have to resort to this, so you'll be breaking new ground here.

I filled the tire around noon and rode around for 3 hour no problem. it was only afterward when i noticed the air still leaked slowly.
It0s not on the side but not at the bottom either and it's definitely less than a 1/4 inch. I've filled the tire completely with air some slime leaked out but it might stop and seal it. worth a try.  I'll check it tomorrow. if that doesn't work i'll buy a repair kit and plug it

I'd take it to a tire store if those existed here. We have bicycle repair shops all over the place but iI suspect I would have to take the Z10 apart myself and bring them just the wheel+ They wouldn't have a spare wheel that size and for all that effort I'd rather change the tire myself. Where would I buy a spare wheel to fit the Z10? If have no idea what its measurements are

3 hours ago, Treponema said:

I've had at least one tire that took awhile (days) before Slime completely sealed the leak. Assuming that the leak is very slow, I'd give it more time. Sometimes I wonder if the bigger the hole the faster Slime works.

You did shake the Slime bottle before adding it to the tire right?

3 minutes ago, Treponema said:

We have bicycle repair shops all over the place

They should have tubeless repair kits as well, tubeless technology is nowadays quite standard also for, e.g., mountain bikes.

thanks to @cloudy_jai I'll have a new trolley soon...for 80 usd. Yeah, a bit steep. Will look after the new one like a baby.  

@Marty Backe  yeah shaked it. I'll give the slime some time. It leaked a bit more slime out, but now it leaks less and I can't hear any fizzing sound and no bubbles.  In any case I was able to ride 21 miles today with the leak.

@Mono yeah I know that's how I got the slime to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Treponema said:

thanks to @cloudy_jai I'll have a new trolley soon...for 80 usd. Yeah, a bit steep. Will look after the new one like a baby.  

@Marty Backe  yeah shaked it. I'll give the slime some time. It leaked a bit more slime out, but now it leaks less and I can't hear any fizzing sound and no bubbles.  In any case I was able to ride 21 miles today with the leak.

@Mono yeah I know that's how I got the slime to begin with.

BTW, Slime requires pressure to force the solution into the hole. Maybe pump the tire to 40-psi and run it for a few blocks. Then reduce the pressure. Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, Slime requires pressure to force the solution into the hole. Maybe pump the tire to 40-psi and run it for a few blocks. Then reduce the pressure. Just a thought.

Yeah after I noticed the leak I filled the tire completely with air. Probably 40 psi,  can't measure it but so much pressure it became completely unrideable.

40 minutes ago, Treponema said:

Yeah after I noticed the leak I filled the tire completely with air. Probably 40 psi,  can't measure it but so much pressure it became completely unrideable.

:laughbounce2:

Archived