[CANCELLED] Last Cogswell California Ride of 2018, this October 13th

Marty Backe

Come join @csmyers, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", and myself for the most epic mountain trail ride in all of Southern California. This is an approximate 45-mile ride, climbing over 4000-ft through the San Gabriel mountains. Spectacular scenery and amazing trails. The trail has already been conquered by @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" and myself so we can guide you along. This is not an overly technical ride but it does require endurance to be riding the required 4+ hours. We do take periodic foot, water, and snack breaks.

A 1300wh or larger capacity wheel is needed. @csmyers will be riding his ACM2 and I'll be riding the MSX. Basically, you'll need a KS18S, ACMs or greater, MSuper V3s or greater, MSX, or Monster. No other wheels need apply :)

There is zero cell phone coverage during this ride, including the meetup location. There are times when we will be upwards of 20-miles from the nearest road, so in the unlikely event that you sustain a wheel failure, you must be prepared for the long walk out. Bring a wheel that you trust. Keep an eye on the weather and dress in layers. Bring plenty of water and food as you see fit. I'm not trying to scare you off, but everyone must be aware of the ride conditions.

I guarantee that you will find this a very rewarding, once-in-a-lifetime type ride. When you return to your car you will feel like you've accomplished something in life :thumbup:

We will meet here at 8am on Saturday October 13th: https://goo.gl/maps/qqm6j4Fv6KQ2  For planning purposes, it takes about 30-minutes to drive to this location from the intersection of the 605 & 210 freeways. You can't call us if you're running late, so plan accordingly.

You will need a $5 Angeles National Forest Day Pass unless you want to risk receiving a $100 parking ticket. They can be purchased at Big 5 Sporting stores and other locations. See this link for additional information:

And see here for one of our last rides, including a video of the ride. It represents about 1/4 of the ride that we'll be doing today.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer.

I hope some of you can join us for this very memorable ride.

1 hour ago, csmyers said:

Bumping this - hope we have a good turnout!

@YoshiSkySun said that he's going to try and make it. And I offered to loan an MSuper V3s+ to @Ando Melkonyan, so he may be attending to. Including @MikeV, that's six people.

Who knows, maybe a few others will come along too.

With the recent rain the trail conditions should be perfect (not too dusty).

Id love to revisit this historic mountain. I think its been long enough that ive recovered from the trauma from our first attemp at this trail. The only issue for me is getting to the parking lot. 

Anyone going from the Glendale or DTLA area? if i could carpool im in

RIDE CANCELLED

Really bad luck, but I guess it's that time of year? There's a storm moving through the area Saturday morning. There's a high probability of rain in the city and it'll probably be awful 4000-feet up in the mountains. So I need to pull the plug on this ride.

@csmyers, @MikeV @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun

Archived