Help. My ES1 won’t turn on.

Francisco

Hi Guys. I need some help. My Segway ES1 won’t turn on. Long story short... I installed my extended battery( worked perfectly) but when I was riding it and hit a bump the external battery fell off which caused my scooter to turn off. My external battery fell to the ground but still works. 

I don’t know why it won’t turn on. I plugged in my charger and it wouldn’t charge. I tested for DC voltage and I would get 0 VDC. 

Is it replaceable? And how can I access the internal battery?

please help. I really appreciate it. 

Thank you

Edited by Francisco
Misspelled

• 2 months later...

Well the internal battery is in the column and you will need Torx tools to remove the top 4 which hold the neck (T-bar, dashboard)

then disconnect the single cord that goes inside

then you will need a pair of scissors to reach in and connect with the 2 circular points on the plastic and twist in the counter clockwise motion to unseat the seal

then you will need to remove the 4 screws at the botton with a Torx tool as well

then you will need to disconnect all the cables, don't worry , they are are all color coded or only connect to the other connector you remove it from

then again you will need to use the scissors to again do the same thing to the seal at the bottom , twist counter clockwise to unseat the seal

now for both seals, you need to push the rubber out from the plastic first, then remove the rubber seal. you will need a needle nose pliers to yank the plastic disk up to get to it

then you will need to remove the latch that holds the bar to the back wheel, again using a Torx tool

then you will need to remove the extend battery frame you mounted

then your will need to remove the small screw with a Allan hex tool , this is connected to the controller board.

you will then be able to slide the whole internal battery and controller out

at this point you should see if the battery is still connected by the 4 wire cable and the 2 power wire cable ( this could of came loose, I hope)

if you don't see a wire not connected then I'm afraid you damaged the the controller unit somehow, check the 4 pins where the external battery connects

if you don't see anything wrong with the 4 pins you will have to disassemble the controller unit and look at the board.

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am new one , got a not working es2 , previous owner told me that it’s locked and can’t turn on .

I tried everything, but no luck .

I have order a new dashboard to see will that change, if not I will order motherboard.

i found that on AliExpress is double expensive than on eBay? What experience do you have ? 

While I am waiting this part , I wanted to see is it possible with some programming cable to connect for example dashboard or motherboard that belongs to es2 ninebot and my Pc ?

I saw some higo cable 4-pin on one side and on other side is USB-C , will that work 😀

D01F3313-B658-43D2-B6B8-32AA26E7FFDF.png

"got a not working es2 , previous owner told me that it’s locked and can’t turn on ."

If there is no power in the display this is most likely the controller board and not the display dashboard. (it might be dashboard)

best thing to do is open it up and use a volt meter to check for a 5v reading on the USB connector. (the dashboard could be fried and yes you would need to order one)

I would recommend just disassembling the column and look at the controller board and see if you see anything wrong, check the internal battery and see if the LED is active on it.

You could just have a lose connection with power or the USB connector to the dashboard.

As for it being locked... nah...  if locked it still lights up dashboard and just plug in to recharge will automatically light dashboard

I order from Ebay all the time and accept the 1 month delivery from China. Had no issues from there (only local eBay vendors gave my bogus parts)

As for programming cable , I have not used that

On 12/2/2018 at 12:24 PM, ionbrain said:

"got a not working es2 , previous owner told me that it’s locked and can’t turn on ."

If there is no power in the display this is most likely the controller board and not the display dashboard. (it might be dashboard)

best thing to do is open it up and use a volt meter to check for a 5v reading on the USB connector. (the dashboard could be fried and yes you would need to order one)

I would recommend just disassembling the column and look at the controller board and see if you see anything wrong, check the internal battery and see if the LED is active on it.

You could just have a lose connection with power or the USB connector to the dashboard.

As for it being locked... nah...  if locked it still lights up dashboard and just plug in to recharge will automatically light dashboard

I order from Ebay all the time and accept the 1 month delivery from China. Had no issues from there (only local eBay vendors gave my bogus parts)

As for programming cable , I have not used that

Ok I’ll try with charging thing . 

Do you maybe know , does motherboard poses some batteries, but to be found on board ? 

I know when I remove a battery from motherboard on pc , after 24h system is down :) 

• 1 year later...