enaon

ninebot one (c/e) cooling/handle mods.

Hello, still new user, have been enjoying the ninebot for 20 days now, just wanted to share the handle/cooler alterations I did in case someone finds them useful.

The handle has been altered as to allow for it to move upwards. It is still not high enough to roll it without bending, but it is more like bending, not kneeling as it used to be, and the control is excelent in both directions. A belt has been mounted to the handle and the frame, allowing easy balanced handle for carrying, much better than is was. I will make a video showing details if anyone is interested.

The second mod is for the mosfets cooling. I took a piece of copper pipe and run it through the heat sink, it is working nice even with no air flow, I plan to add a air collector later on. 

IMG_20180911_221633287.jpg

IMG_20180911_221951669.jpg

IMG_20180912_024123298.jpg

IMG_20180912_032056934_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180912_064420340.jpg

IMG_20180912_064443492.jpg

IMG_20180912_064512307.jpg

IMG_20180912_064338486.jpg

Edited by enaon
spelling
  • Upvote 2

I have now tested the cooling mod, the results are excellent, I get an over 11 degrees Celsius drop when going uphill on a hot day. I used to see 63, I. now get 50 max. I have not fitted air vents yet, maybe next year, the exposed brass tube parts on the inside of the wheel seems be enough for now. 

It is also worth mentioning the K5pro thermal compound for general use in unicycles. I believe they are an excellent match, a non conductive high viscosity paste, up to 250celcius, can be applied directly on the mosfets to make a better surface of contact.

https://www.amazon.com/viscous-thermal-paste-replacement-Aspire/dp/B01C5XWF2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537069452&sr=8-1&keywords=k5pro

I made a small tribute video for my beloved wheel, the mods are included if one is interested. :)

Edited by enaon

14 hours ago, enaon said:

I made a small tribute video for my beloved wheel, the mods are included if one is interested. :)

Wow! Super nice video! I can relate to your post.

This wheel has some special properties. It can spin on the vertical axis like no other wheel (I think).

Thanks for the mods!

12 hours ago, pico said:

Wow! Super nice video! I can relate to your post.

This wheel has some special properties. It can spin on the vertical axis like no other wheel (I think).

Thanks for the mods!

Thank you :)

I am sure all wheels are nice, it's just that this one is my first and only till now, so it is somewhat special to me :D

I was planning to use it as a middle step towards the z10, I will still get one sometime, but for now I am quite happy with the c+ with the p firmware. It is light enough to lift, fast enough to be fun without needing a helmet an all that, very durable, excellent machine.