ninebot one (c/e) cooling/handle and other mods testbed.

enaon

• 6 months later...

I like the lock function of the nb one,  but I was not using it at all. Having to take the phone out, open the app and press the lock icon is not convinient. 

My wheel got stolen last month, fortunately the police retrieved it, but I now wanted a solution to easily lock the wheel.

I wrote a small script for an mpow dsd6, an nrf5 based smart bracelet, it auto-locks/unlocks based on proximity, displays info and is stand alone, no phone is needed. Quick and dirty code but usable if one cares to give it a try.  

https://github.com/enaon/ninebot-one-c-e-p

• Like 3

I found out something strange trying to implement BLE passkey support. :)

When the ninebot is passkey enabled, the client device needs the passkey to read the registers, but not for writing to the lock/unlock register. The ninebot app does not connect without a passkey so one cannot unlock a ninenbot using a phone, but the bracelet unlocks/locks it just fine, it makes no difference if a passkey is enabled or not. 

• Like 1

Hi I really like this mod, but I have a ninebot s2 and I didn't understand how to install it on the watch :) I have a Samsung bracelet, I saw you made a lot of interesting stuff for your euc 👍 I am going to make cool stuff even on mine for example I want to wrap it and adding ninetool, but I need to contact mrn76 ... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Giggi said:

Hi I really like this mod, but I have a ninebot s2 and I didn't understand how to install it on the watch :) I have a Samsung bracelet, I saw you made a lot of interesting stuff for your euc 👍 I am going to make cool stuff even on mine for example I want to wrap it and adding ninetool, but I need to contact mrn76 ... 

Thank you. :) 

If you have a ds-d6 ( or even better a lenovo hx03w), then it is quite easy changing the code to support the s2, but I don't have one here to test it out. Let me know if you like to give it a try. 

Just now, enaon said:

Thank you. :) 

If you have a ds-d6 ( or even better a lenovo hx03w), then it is quite easy changing the code to support the s2, but I don't have one here to test it out. Let me know if you like to give it a try. 

I will try with a cheap band that I have laying around, but I don't know if is a Lenovo or a ds ... but it seems like those ;)

1 minute ago, Giggi said:

I will try with a cheap band that I have laying around, but I don't know if is a Lenovo or a ds ... but it seems like those ;)

you will need a nordic nRF52 based bracelet with sdk11, they are unloked and can be flashed over the air. 

have a look here for compatible devices. 

https://github.com/fanoush/ds-d6

• Like 1

Hi @enaon I was interested to know how you connected the extra battery that you made also how is it charging?! Is it in parallel with the other ? Do you think is possible to put some extra battery even on the 9bs2 that have 2 battery 15s thanks in advance  :)

hello, I have 3 batteries on my nb, the default one of 30pcs, and 15 pieces on each side inside the plastic frame. Each of the two new ones is made of q30 samsung cells and a dedicated bms, ( of this type), for a total of 60 cells

Althought each battery has it's own charging cable, I have not connected them all together. I charged each battery to the same voltage, made sure that all cells were ballanced by measuring each one, and I am since using only the charging cable of the original bms to charge the lot of them. Assensially I am using the two small bms just for protection during usage, not for ballancing during charging. It turns out ballancing is not really importand if all cells are of qood quallity and treated right, almost a year later I checked each cell again and they are still balanced.

As for putting more batteries inside the one s2, the biggest problem is space I believe. 

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for your help ! It is true the s2 doesn't have much space inside, but I was thinking to make if it can't fit inside an external battery to connect in parallel to the other two ! The main issue is that for s2 which have 2 battery instead of one is that I have to made 2 separate batt with a bms each or swapping the batteries whit bigger one . 

• 4 weeks later...

the p8 smart watch (pinetime clone) can now be reprogrammed with arduino/espruino over the air, nice device.

This is a short demo of a nb one e+ client running inside the watch, no phone is needed. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

that "no phone is needed" is what rocks my world!!!

if this whole thing you like doing lately, tampering with these watches, is something you really like, you should open up a website and a donation page cause if people get to know this, they will surelly buy pre-made ones or even your software, if you bundle it somehow!

keep it up!

36 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

that "no phone is needed" is what rocks my world!!!

if this whole thing you like doing lately, tampering with these watches, is something you really like, you should open up a website and a donation page cause if people get to know this, they will surelly buy pre-made ones or even your software, if you bundle it somehow!

keep it up!

No need to buy something I believe, thanks to the work done by Aaron(atc1441) anyone can put espruino in one of those watches via a smartphone, it is as easy as it gets. 

I will upload the code for the p8 and nb1 c/e to github as soon as I find some time to clean it up. Get one of those watches if you like the idea, you will be the beta tester for the s2, it should be very easy to make it work for that as well. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

Anyone yes, but the communication protocols for other wheels?

You've managed to get the E+ work, but what about the mainstream Gotway wheels, Kingsong, other ninebot.. this is a solution for a companion device for every wheel'er

if i can say, a "must"

42 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Anyone yes, but the communication protocols for other wheels?

You've managed to get the E+ work, but what about the mainstream Gotway wheels, Kingsong, other ninebot.. this is a solution for a companion device for every wheel'er

if i can say, a "must"

The easiest way I guess will be someone with a wheel to get a watch and write the protocol part. Get a p8 so that I can send you code to test remotelly, and we will start with your nicola. :)

I opened a new thread about the smartwatches here:

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

That is epic, i can learn more about the gotway and kingsong protocols from @Seba if he can share some with us, then it's up to us! ;)

Thank you for taking the time to help the community with this, it's really great!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...