Gotway msuper X pedals angle -VIDEO-

Shad0z

Im really surprised people are uncomfortable with the MSX's dihedral angle.  I really think people should give it some time, as you quickly get used it it. I also think it really helps to have dihedral angle when we turn on an extreme angle, using the side of the tire. I like it..

Edited by Mrd777
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Im really surprised people are uncomfortable with the MSX's dihedral angle.  I really think people should give it some time, as you quickly get used it it. I also think it really helps to have dihedral angle when we turn on an extreme angle, using the side of the tire. I like it..

There Is fair percentage of riders who find the MSX pedals uncomfortable. I gave it 3 weeks of adjustment time but didn’t help to the point that I started to hate riding the MSX. After fixing the pedals to match the angle I had on my older Msuper v3s+, I find the MSX much more comfortable now and love riding every day. I actually find the adjusted MSX more agile and maneuverable than the original factory one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/12/2018 at 5:18 PM, Mrd777 said:

I got used to it. but once i filed the pedals i noticed what torture i had gotten used to. Also i have extreme flat feet. Which over time made my knees weak and go inward. Now i have issues with one knee. And standing on pedals that make my knees go inwards is a bad idea. So for me it was a requirement

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Edddeus said:

@Shad0z so how are you enjoying the MSX? Is it as rapid as the Tesla you previously owned? 

in terms of responsiveness it feels as responsive as the tesla. But its slower at at applying the power than the tesla. The msuper x feels like it responds and reacts instantaneously like the tesla. But in a smoother slower response. Hard to explain. Same power. But a slower to max. But its a relatively small difference.

where the msuper X really shines. Is when riding on bunpy terrain and general handling. It feels like i upgrades to a luxury suv from a little fiat. It glides over bumps and obstacles. And in worst cases makes them slight irretations, while on the tesla it was a risk.

tesla feels like a more “harsh” and quick wheel. While the msuper X is stable and smooth

dont get me wrong. The tesla also is very smooth. But here he msuper X must be at the top with its 19,5 inch tire. its really smooth. the more i rode it the more i realized the benefits

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

The ground clearance on the MsupX is second to none.
With or without the pedal angle.
I might try to make a modified pedal bracket at work for my Tesla, if not, at least i will shim the pedals (with an elastomer maybe to have a bit less impact on the knees that i generally go tired in when riding for several hours, even if bending the legs).
But I think a Tesla with MSX pedal height (and maybe angle) would be really nice :-)
Not sure if the increased height might affect how it handles though, as you change the diametric distance from the wheel centre, might be that the response will be different when accelerating?
If I got time over and milling machine is free at work I will give it a try at least. Fun project and its time to change the tyre anyway so why not.

Still love the handling of the Tesla, but when maneuvering between root and stone the pedals constantly catch on to those objects.
Same thing when going on tight paths with grass/bushes close on the sides, as the bush gets caught between pedal and body at a low point (where the plant is strong as its close to the root - aka it will not bend as if you hit a higher top of the plant - it causes the tesla to toss and turn at every caught plant fibre. Only remedy is to toe in the feet maximum, to try to prevent grass and stuff from being caught between pedal and body...but sometime it does and if its a strong enough stem, it just turns the wheel in the direction (not) wanted :)

Edited by Boogieman

On 9/11/2018 at 11:50 PM, Shad0z said:

i made a little quick and dirty video that i edited at midnight to show you how to fix the steep pedal angle on the msuper X, but do it at your own risk, and dont overdo it, as it might make your pedals unusable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZO3Cc1bgC8

Hey, Shadoz, video is gone :-(

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 4:31 AM, Boogieman said:

Hey, Shadoz, video is gone :-(

Removed it because it was crap. 

And also i dont see why people would fix the pedal angle. Unless some condition makes your feet unable to be at such angle

I did make the angle a lot more flat with my old pedals. Comparable to tesla. I did scrape the pedals a lot more. Thar extra little angle helps a lot

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1